IGNORED

Manchester United (Away) Sunday December 15th

markjazzbassist

2 minutes ago, nutmegwolf203 said:

I feel like Kean has been singled out in some unfair ways. That game was already chaotic. It’ll suck if he’s pushed out without given a real chance.

Hard to know what his instructions were vs what he did. Thought he was weak and poor though in what he did. 

whatever the situation it sends a crystal clear message to everyone in that dressing room. You give 110% or you don't play. 

6 minutes ago, Bailey said:

Iwobi was playing midfield at that point and was doing well. 

I can see all the reasons why Kean was hooked but it isn't going to go down well at all.

Agree but he’s the only player I thought that deserved pulling. Maybe it was just time wasting but that still doesn’t explain the decision. Very weird

1 minute ago, chicagoblue said:

Hard to know what his instructions were vs what he did. Thought he was weak and poor though in what he did. 

whatever the situation it sends a crystal clear message to everyone in that dressing room. You give 110% or you don't play. 

Sure I get that. Hopefully he responds well to a discussion about it because on the surface it just seems like the type of thing that could really weigh on the psyche of a young player. 

It definitely feels like I'm watching Everton again. It is weird because now that I am sitting there watching the games with a proper nervousness inside which I realise hasn't been there for a very long time. Given that the squad has been completely decimated, to get a point away at Old Trafford and largely reduce them to half chances (including the goal) is one hell of a performance. Everyone gave their all, even the players who weren't quite at it some of the time.

I'm not going to slight anyone, but I will touch on the performances of DCL and Holgate. DCL was once more an absolute pain in the arse for Utd, even for the goal. Its his effort that causes the panic. He looked full of confidence too and took on some shots that he wouldnt have done a few weeks ago. Holgate on the other hand, came into midfield and looked a natural. What impressed me most was his desire to close the ball down. It sounds like a given, but he didnt let the Utd players turn and do what they wanted like Davies did, and to some extent had to after the booking. He was there sprinting to close and making a challenge if needed. He showed a glimpse of his usual naiveness here and there but I thought he did a great job and they both epitomised the team performance.

What does this performance tell us about Ferguson? It shows that he can at least motivate them for two games, it showed that he can adapt, with moving to a 3 in midfield working very well in the last 10 minutes and it showed that he can make a ruthless decision for the benefit of the team even if it will piss off an individual. I think that deep down, Ferguson will probably regret bringing Kean on. If he had made the change to a 3 in midfield sooner then I am sure he wouldn't have brought him on as when DCL went left we had someone with the nous and experience to do the donkey work and with Niasse he had someone who had the energy to play the lone striker role and cause problems. I am sure that it is something he will learn from, although I just hope that it doesn't cause a problem between the two of them especially when you consider Ferguson is likely to be at the club even when a new man comes in.

2 minutes ago, Palfy said:

To be honest what ever he does at the moment is good with me, I can’t prove it but I believe if Silva was still here we would have 4 points less than we do now. 

Don’t disagree that he’s done well since hes come in but that can’t make him immune of any criticism. Iwobi, Richarlison (who had been brilliant but was dead on his feet) were other options. For me it took the gloss off a great performance. It’s all about team ethic. 

2 minutes ago, Zoo 2.0 said:

Not read any of the comments yet, but my two cents on the Moise Kean double sub is 100% a situation between the player and Ferguson. I know that in the interview that he wanted to waste some time but nobody is that naive, don't believe everything you see in front of a camera. 

Kean looked off the pace and didn't really look that arsed. Fluffed a few clearances, late to his challenges and didn't really do anything up in the United third. He was removed from the game for that reason and replace with Niasse who is renowned for his work rate and energy, not a chance that he was taken off just to kill time. 

It is the end for Moise though, he's just not got going here. I'll put on record that he leaves on loan in January before sealing a permanent move away in the summer; Roma, Milan or Bologna. 

I agree with most if not all of that, when you consider it properly it’s about the team and not individuals, whether you liked what happened or not, results mean more ask Martinez Koeman and Silva I’m sure they would agree. 

16 minutes ago, Zoo 2.0 said:

Not read any of the comments yet, but my two cents on the Moise Kean double sub is 100% a situation between the player and Ferguson. I know that in the interview that he wanted to waste some time but nobody is that naive, don't believe everything you see in front of a camera. 

Kean looked off the pace and didn't really look that arsed. Fluffed a few clearances, late to his challenges and didn't really do anything up in the United third. He was removed from the game for that reason and replace with Niasse who is renowned for his work rate and energy, not a chance that he was taken off just to kill time. 

It is the end for Moise though, he's just not got going here. I'll put on record that he leaves on loan in January before sealing a permanent move away in the summer; Roma, Milan or Bologna. 

Edit: Just to add to the above, we have moaned and groaned (rightly) about players not giving a fuck in an Everton shirt so whilst it's harsh and not the best for the lad, I'm pleased to have a manager that doesn't care about feelings and puts the club first. If you don't want to put your body on the line for the shirt don't wear it - simple. Everton is and always will be bigger than one person. 

I can agree with this - I get it. We'll see. I hope he doesn't go. I'd really like to see him and DCL play together but you may be right about him leaving in Jan.

Brilliant from Big Dunc and something I wish was done in Lukakus time here.

Yes it appears harsh but the kid was strolling around, we can not have passengers! Simple as that, shape up or get out. 

Kean will either spit his dummy out or knuckle down.  If he chooses to do the latter then he will get full support.  If he does the former he will be gone. 

Let's hope that message is received with the likes of Morgan and Theo.  Two players who can be very laboured. 

Brilliant result. More so after seeing we only had one actual CM. And Martina on the bench. And Niasse. I'd forgot all about these lads.

I was out at the wildlife park while the game was on, only got to see first 35mins before my phone died. Got home, whacked the TV on, we were one up...they scored about a minute later! Doh. Short lived joy. But a great result, and from the 55 odd minutes I actually got to see, a resolute performance.

The Kean thing is a tough one. He seems to some talent but there's clearly been some issues. He looked bemused and Dunc didn't even acknowledge him which, to me, means he wasn't best pleased with the boy.

Onto the next One!

Happy with the result, although thought we were going to hold on for all three points as they didn’t seem that threatening.

Kean cane on and was poor for me, Duncs in charge and pulled him off for the benefit of the team and points, Kean isn’t going to like it but tough. 
Did anyone think we would get 4 points from these two games after the Liverpool game, I certainly didn’t.

Cant wait for Wednesday under the lights  COYB.

10 minutes ago, MikeO said:

Was waiting for VAR to do us over again, at least this time it would’ve been justified. De Gea should’ve come out with two hands on that but it shows DCL aggression and determination made him think twice and that’s why he ended up getting caught. If he’d made a meal of it, there’s no way it would’ve stood. 

While it’s slightly disappointing we didn’t get the win after leading for so long I am completely content with the game we played and taking a point. I’d have taken a point even before the team was announced and I’d have bitten your hand off once we knew the starting 11.

Surprised VAR didn’t fuck us with our goal but that’s not a foul. DCL was up in the air long before De Gea decides to come out and Dom isn’t going to jump with his arms by his sides. De Gea arrives late and more jumps into the side of DCL. 

2 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

Miss the match.  How did we do?  Saw we got a draw which is respectable away.  The injuries are piling up sadly, Martina on the bench!!!!

Dogs of war kinda performance. If Mina had closed his legs a touch quicker we would’ve won (he played well overall though). DCL played like Dunc would’ve given the chance; win pretty much every ball (which are finding people now he actually has support around him) and left their CBs knowing they were in a battle rather than a game.