IGNORED

James Rodríguez

15 minutes ago, pete0 said:

Absolute joke if the owners hired a manager who doesn't make him feel wanted, well even worse in what is speculated at the moment. Rather have an empty wallet an a world class player than a billionaire and Rafa. 

I wouldn’t disagree with that, but we also have to be careful with what we wish for, we seem to have the empty wallet at this moment in time and it is having a very negative impact, plus I genuinely believe that Rafa was the best candidate for the situation the club was in. With James it’s not over yet he’s still an Everton player so the balls firmly at his feet if he wants to play for Everton and Benitez he still has the opportunity to stake his claim in the team.  

14 minutes ago, Palfy said:

I wouldn’t disagree with that, but we also have to be careful with what we wish for, we seem to have the empty wallet at this moment in time and it is having a very negative impact, plus I genuinely believe that Rafa was the best candidate for the situation the club was in. With James it’s not over yet he’s still an Everton player so the balls firmly at his feet if he wants to play for Everton and Benitez he still has the opportunity to stake his claim in the team.  

If a manager can't see his worth or too set in their ways then they shouldn't be here. He's world class. You build the team around the quality.

5 hours ago, pete0 said:

If a manager can't see his worth or too set in their ways then they shouldn't be here. He's world class. You build the team around the quality.

Your right, but did we see that happen last season, even with his favoured manager it was very hit and miss

2 hours ago, StevO said:

When he was on the pitch he was hit. Very rarely miss. 
The problem is when he didn’t play. 

Sorry can’t agree with you, some games yes he was a hit, others he was non existent and the games passed him by.

Im really disappointed that he’s not playing today, I really wanted to get to see him at least once at Goodison, may not happen now.

1 hour ago, Wiggytop said:

Sorry can’t agree with you, some games yes he was a hit, others he was non existent and the games passed him by.

Im really disappointed that he’s not playing today, I really wanted to get to see him at least once at Goodison, may not happen now.

For me the only time there were any dips were when the players around him had dips in form or injuries. When Digne, Coleman, Doucoure and Richarlison were out he didn’t have as many quality runners to hit. But he still kept making the passes, we just didn’t convert as many of them. 

For the stat lovers though (I hate stats) he was involved in more goals than the rest of the midfield combined I believe, so I’ve read so many times. 

On 14/08/2021 at 12:32, StevO said:

For me the only time there were any dips were when the players around him had dips in form or injuries. When Digne, Coleman, Doucoure and Richarlison were out he didn’t have as many quality runners to hit. But he still kept making the passes, we just didn’t convert as many of them. 

For the stat lovers though (I hate stats) he was involved in more goals than the rest of the midfield combined I believe, so I’ve read so many times. 

But we did play for the game to go through him. The tactic seemed to be give it to James. He commands that respect because he is such a good footballer but it all turns to shit if he isn't on his game. 

I just think that if you put James into that game yesterday we would have been worse for it. We had 11 players pulling in the same direction and that doesn't happen when he is on the pitch. 

Interestingly, we picked up 31 points in the 23 league games he played last season and 28 points from 15 games when he didn't. Basically we were just as crap with him in or out of the side 😂

34 minutes ago, Bailey said:

But we did play for the game to go through him. The tactic seemed to be give it to James. He commands that respect because he is such a good footballer but it all turns to shit if he isn't on his game. 

I just think that if you put James into that game yesterday we would have been worse for it. We had 11 players pulling in the same direction and that doesn't happen when he is on the pitch. 

Interestingly, we picked up 31 points in the 23 league games he played last season and 28 points from 15 games when he didn't. Basically we were just as crap with him in or out of the side 😂

Problem is now who do we drop to fit him in. 

4 minutes ago, Bailey said:

Apparently been on his Twitch account to say he won't be playing against Leeds.

He just needs to stop talking and let his manager make the announcements.

(NB I have no idea what Twitch is!)

Streaming service primarily for gaming but other activities are on there as well. It does seem a bit odd that he would talk about it on there.

1 hour ago, Hoof_It_Nev said:

“I will start training on Monday, I think”, Rodriguez explained .

“On the weekend I will not play, I don't even know who Everton is playing, can you please tell me?"

His head's not here anymore is it. Massive shame but best ship him out sooner rather than later. 

I can't believe a senior player, who would be well respected in the dressing room can even say that. He did it for effect too because he could have glossed over it if he genuinely forgot.