IGNORED

James Rodríguez

3 minutes ago, Sibdane said:

I think he's just saying that in every discussion Lukaku is bound to be brought up. He's our version of that law. 

That was my take at least. 

It's ambiguous and I'll leave it at that. Wouldn't be the first time he pulls this stunt. 

3 minutes ago, Sibdane said:

I think he's just saying that in every discussion Lukaku is bound to be brought up. He's our version of that law. 

That was my take at least. 

Was just about to post the same, "...as an online Toffeetalk discussion grows longer (regardless of topic or scope), the probability of a comparison involving Nazis or Adolf Hitler Romelu Lukaku approaches."

26 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

It's ambiguous and I'll leave it at that. Wouldn't be the first time he pulls this stunt. 

Nothing sinister, and I'm not sure what's meant by 'stunt'.

Here's Godwin's Law: As an online discussion grows longer (regardless of topic or scope), the probability of a comparison involving Nazis or Adolf Hitler approaches 1.

It's a rather light-hearted, and surprisingly true, observation. How many discussions in which we've been involved does the other participant, as they become frustrated, begin to compare our views as being a throwback to the Nazis?

I found it rather amusing that, in a discussion of James, as you became more intense in your argument, you brought up Lukaku. I was drawing the comparison with Godwin's Law. At these forums, when an argument becomes intense, it's either Lukaku or Gana who's mentioned. :)

1 minute ago, Cornish Steve said:

Nothing sinister, and I'm not sure what's meant by 'stunt'.

Here's Godwin's Law: As an online discussion grows longer (regardless of topic or scope), the probability of a comparison involving Nazis or Adolf Hitler approaches 1.

It's a rather light-hearted, and surprisingly true, observation. How many discussions in which we've been involved does the other participant, as they become frustrated, begin to compare our views as being a throwback to the Nazis?

I found it rather amusing that, in a discussion of James, as you became more intense in your argument, you brought up Lukaku. I was drawing the comparison with Godwin's Law. At these forums, when an argument becomes intense, it's either Lukaku or Gana who's mentioned. :)

Ok fair enough.  I got triggered. 

I will be very sad, we have all clamored for a world class player, we get one and people nitpik the one flaw he has instead of looking at the amazing talents he has.  Honestly after the treatment he’s gotten on here I’m not at all surprised we haven’t won anything in decades.  Fickle fans who would prefer a jobber headless chicken over world class.  You reap what you sow.

14 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

I will be very sad, we have all clamored for a world class player, we get one and people nitpik the one flaw he has instead of looking at the amazing talents he has.  Honestly after the treatment he’s gotten on here I’m not at all surprised we haven’t won anything in decades.  Fickle fans who would prefer a jobber headless chicken over world class.  You reap what you sow.

Fickle fans or fans who are absolutely sick and tired of players taking a wedge from us and not giving value?

I have been a huge James fan, look back at the posts .... His talent is not in question.  

My understanding which is pretty solidly founded is that Finch farm has been an absolute holiday camp.   Carlo Ancellotti by all accounts had absolutely no interest for the last few months of the season and him going was not the surprise it was made out to be.

The other part was that a good few players generally lacked any professionalism or desire.   I was told that some unpopular decisions would be made.....

Well I don't find them unpopular.  I've seen enough of the Walter Smith era to know how a collection of disinterested players who are there for money makes the club perform.

It would have been nice to have a fully committed James Rodriguez.  He was gone a while ago. 

1 hour ago, markjazzbassist said:

I do find it funny when you talk about fickle fans when you're the biggest flip-flop I know :lol:

7 hours ago, pete0 said:

One of the best players in the world getting fucked off so we can play percentage football instead. 

He's not one of the best footballers in the world. one of the most hyped footballers maybe. He does what HE does - and does it very well indeed. He is the definitive luxury player, and needs other players to cover his deficiencies. He does not provide enough on a consistent basis to warrant that level of protection or cover - hence not one of the best footballers in the world. If he goes tomorrow, it will be for free!!!, just like we took him for free. 

4 hours ago, markjazzbassist said:

There’s fuck all world class about him mate if he was he wouldn’t be here on a free or should I say he wouldn’t be here period, and we wouldn’t be struggling to get 10 million for him. He’s done nothing for years and he’s struggling to live up to his own hype. 

9 minutes ago, Palfy said:

There’s fuck all world class about him mate if he was he wouldn’t be here on a free or should I say he wouldn’t be here period, and we wouldn’t be struggling to get 10 million for him. He’s done nothing for years and he’s struggling to live up to his own hype. 

Hate it when you get on the fence Palf.

3 hours ago, Matt said:

I do find it funny when you talk about fickle fans when you're the biggest flip-flop I know :lol:

Sure sure, but not with James :)  so I’m half qualified to say this stuff in this thread ;)

in all seriousness I can’t believe people want rid of a class player who regularly created or scored goals.  It’s the same attitude people have with Richarlison and had with lukaku.  Honestly, why don’t people want to keep our good players?  The grass isn’t greener on the other side, we saw that with lukaku sale.  It’s like the shiny new thing syndrome or something ffs

Rafa has got a team full of hard workers.

Unfortunately for James (regardless of his talents) he just can’t get fully fit and isn’t  mobile/fit enough to work hard off the ball. 

An extremely talented player with the ball and I’m gutted he’s on his way out but I see the bigger picture. 

9 hours ago, Palfy said:

He doesn’t they have history but I think Benitez isn’t silly he wouldn’t let personal feelings cloud his judgment, if he thought James could do a job for him and the team he would 100% want him to stay, Benitez is all about the team and winning. And for all we know there both happy and he’s going no where. 

isn't it worrying that he doesn't want james to do a job? Ancelotti said he regretted not changing his formation to bring in Baggio. James is world class, if you can't accommodate that you shouldn't be managing Everton. 

8 hours ago, Hafnia said:

Yep, seen the same players smiling after losing matches and doing the talking behind the hands act with opponents.  

Delph particularly loves it here, he looks happy in training ..... He likes getting photos with his ex man city teammates after losing. 

For me James is one of the ones who looks the most arsed. 

1 hour ago, RuffRob said:

He's not one of the best footballers in the world. one of the most hyped footballers maybe. He does what HE does - and does it very well indeed. He is the definitive luxury player, and needs other players to cover his deficiencies. He does not provide enough on a consistent basis to warrant that level of protection or cover - hence not one of the best footballers in the world. If he goes tomorrow, it will be for free!!!, just like we took him for free. 

We got him for free as he's on mega wages and the manager didn't like him. Before going on a free to us he went for £40m to Monaco and then £70m to Real Madrid. Messi just went on a free.

7 minutes ago, pete0 said:

isn't it worrying that he doesn't want james to do a job? Ancelotti said he regretted not changing his formation to bring in Baggio. James is world class, if you can't accommodate that you shouldn't be managing Everton. 

For me James is one of the ones who looks the most arsed. 

We got him for free as he's on mega wages and the manager didn't like him. Before going on a free to us he went for £40m to Monaco and then £70m to Real Madrid. Messi just went on a free.

No one is bigger than the club. We've got 7 points out of 9, all without James.