IGNORED

Brighton (Home) Saturday October 3rd

markjazzbassist

3 minutes ago, Bailey said:

Very much so, lots of silly mistakes. 

Great finish but Walcott should have stopped that shot. His attitude and application has been dreadful.

Totally agree.  Walcott practically invited him and gave him the space to shoot.  Walcott seen the ball flicked to him and didn't even move to the player, had chance to control and finish.b

The scoreline flattered us if I'm honest.  Brighton very soft at the back which allowed us to score some goals but generally in the second half our football wasn't good enough. 

Pickford looks shot.  Even if we don't sell him he needs resting. 

Really poor by us at the end to keep giving the ball away and not release pressure.

If Brighton would have been bothered to actually pump in their crosses corners and free kicks today instead of going short we might have been in trouble.

still a great attacking performance, not used it us being clinical. But the defensive unit was poor today. Mina was great but he had to be because we kept dropping ourselves in the shit. Will cost us eventually.

Still - a nice time to be a toffee!

That should have been a tough game but we picked them off. 

Brilliant performances from Mina and Doucoure, James really good too. The other members of the back 4 had good games as well. 

I thought Delph did really well when he came on. Iwobi was hit and miss but when he needed him to pick a pass he did it. 

Hopefully that is the last time we see Walcott in an Everton shirt. The opposite type of performance than you would expect from a seasoned and experienced professional.

Top of the league again. I know its only 4 games but can you believe it?

Just now, Bailey said:

That should have been a tough game but we picked them off. 

Brilliant performances from Mina and Doucoure, James really good too. The other members of the back 4 had good games as well. 

I thought Delph did really well when he came on. Iwobi was hit and miss but when he needed him to pick a pass he did it. 

Hopefully that is the last time we see Walcott in an Everton shirt. The opposite type of performance than you would expect from a seasoned and experienced professional.

Top of the league again. I know its only 4 games but can you believe it?

And Pickford? 

2 minutes ago, Palfy said:

Ancelotti knows more than you, no problem, Walcott is part of the squad and not a waste or he wouldn’t make the bench. 

Indeed he does. 

You're absolutely right, can't ever disagree with a coaching decision...  Gana must have always been the right choice and not a liability then?

Sarcasm aside, think you mistook my point.  Wasn't a shot at Walcott (although, admittedly not a fan), but a call for a talented kid.  Would have felt same if it was Bernard coming on.

Not at all happy with that last goal, looked world-class at first (which the strike itself was) but watch it back and Theo looks as though he's at the moves. An absolute passenger in that move not an inch of closing down to be seen, could easily have been deflected into Row Z with a suitable challenge - especially from someone who had only been on the pitch for 5 minutes. 

Not commenting further on Pickford because it's honestly irritating the fuck out of me. 

Unfortunately when you’re 4-1 up with 10 minutes to go players do take their foot off the pedal and lose concentration. 
Great win and pleased that we responded so quickly when we conceded, that never happened in the past our heads use to go down not anymore our belief and confidence is inspiring and down to the Don. 

Best team performance I have seen today. Massively impressed with the team today.

Iwobi was great, passing, movement and decision making were all top notch.

Mina was immense great tackles, blocks and his reading of the game was brilliant, always in the right place at the right time. The rock of Goodison.

Tom Davies, played so well in midfield, reading the game, passing all good. Everything he did was with energy and positivity. 

Siggy, see Tom Davies.

1 minute ago, Palfy said:

Unfortunately when you’re 4-1 up with 10 minutes to go players do take their foot off the pedal and lose concentration. 
Great win and pleased that we responded so quickly when we conceded, that never happened in the past our heads use to go down not anymore our belief and confidence is inspiring and down to the Don. 

Tbf palfy, he was bought on to help out Delph and only had to put a 15 minute shift in for his pay.   He couldn't be arsed with that. Really disappointing

1 minute ago, Hafnia said:

I thought he injured mina towards the end.  It was Pickfords ball and mina got hurt by Pickford bailing him out. 

Need a new keeper.  

Of all the mistakes he made, this is the one I had most sympathy with the. The ball takes a deflection, it catches him out a little and then he is scrambling. I have been in that position a few times and your heart is in your mouth as you are trying to get back across goal. 

The goal and the other two flaps/punches were indefensible though IMO. I get that its wet keepers gloves these days are brilliant still in the wet and its not like there is any mud on them. 

1 minute ago, Bailey said:

Of all the mistakes he made, this is the one I had most sympathy with the. The ball takes a deflection, it catches him out a little and then he is scrambling. I have been in that position a few times and your heart is in your mouth as you are trying to get back across goal. 

The goal and the other two flaps/punches were indefensible though IMO. I get that its wet keepers gloves these days are brilliant still in the wet and its not like there is any mud on them. 

I play golf in gloves that get tackier when it rains, I'd imagine keepers gloves are the same.  His command is non existent.

6 minutes ago, DownUnderToff said:

Indeed he does. 

You're absolutely right, can't ever disagree with a coaching decision...  Gana must have always been the right choice and not a liability then?

Sarcasm aside, think you mistook my point.  Wasn't a shot at Walcott (although, admittedly not a fan), but a call for a talented kid.  Would have felt same if it was Bernard coming on.

Sometimes there are exceptions to the rule 😉

Pickford was clearly told to punch any of the balls that were coming into the box as opposed to catching them. He was getting rid of every single one in the second half. I wouldn't mind if he was getting it out of the way but a lot of his punches played us right into trouble. A monumental car crash performance in every sense of the word, I'm clutching at straws but hopefully a chance of scenery with England gets his head back in the game as he's been on a declining slope with us for a while now. 

6 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

Tbf palfy, he was bought on to help out Delph and only had to put a 15 minute shift in for his pay.   He couldn't be arsed with that. Really disappointing

Sorry mate I wasn’t referring to one individual, it was more that as a team they take their foot off the pedal. 
But I would expect any sub who comes on to show more endeavour than he did. But that he didn’t hasn’t soured the win for me in anyway, I feel for the first time since Martinez’s first season we are on to something here.

33 minutes ago, Palfy said:

Sorry mate I wasn’t referring to one individual, it was more that as a team they take their foot off the pedal. 
But I would expect any sub who comes on to show more endeavour than he did. But that he didn’t hasn’t soured the win for me in anyway, I feel for the first time since Martinez’s first season we are on to something here.

Yeah we did sit back.  Need to be at it till final whistle.  .. . Feels good doesn't it