• Allan
    • Abdoulaye Doucouré
    • Alex Iwobi
    • Dominic Calvert-Lewin
    • Gylfi Sigurðsson
    • Richarlison
    • André Gomes

14 minutes ago, MC11 said:

Only watched the second half but went with Doucoure. He did really well. Thought Gomes did well too. 

Whole back four solid great result

Gomes? I thought there were moments were he looked like he may have a decent game but he blew it, some really poor give aways and not being strong enough

3 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

Gomes? I thought there were moments were he looked like he may have a decent game but he blew it, some really poor give aways and not being strong enough

I thought he got on the ball in our own half slowed down their play and looked a lot better than previously. I did only see the second half but I thought he did well 

10 minutes ago, MC11 said:

I thought he got on the ball in our own half slowed down their play and looked a lot better than previously. I did only see the second half but I thought he did well 

For me he got incredibly lucky in 2 key moments. The penalty. ... I'm not sure but the risk was not worth it.

Got bounced off the ball in our penalty area and they fluffed their lines.  Found himself on the ball more so it wasn't a complete disaster

I’ve gone out on a limb as the team once again played as a unit and voted for Olsen. I think his calming presence helped the back four in being solid, something I don’t think Jordan does.

Allan was bossing the game before coming off, and Doucoure stepped up and played the sort of game I’ve been expecting him to play, Iwobi ..... who would have thought he would be turning out performances like the last couple of weeks earlier in the season.

Carlo brilliantly managed the game.

Thought we looked the better team until we scored. After that it was an absolute bore to watch. Never in much danger but never in much control. Felt like a friendly.

That said thought Iwobi stood out. Time and time again he got us attacking when we looked like it was gonna go the other way. Reminds me of Barkley, great under pressure but a bit plop when given time to think. Hopefully Ancelotti and the coaches can help work on his decision makin.

3 hours ago, c1982 said:

I was thinking Allan all 1st half then feared for the worst when he went off but Doucoure stepped up and, as said above, gave his best showing in an EFC shirt.

Carlo, once again, spot on. Such a satisfying victory!

3 hours ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

Thought Allan was bossing the midfield and was excellent until he had to go off.I feared the worse at that point but thought Decoure really stepped up to the plate after that so gets my nod

Are you two the same person? 👀

2 hours ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

An absolute power house. He’s been warming up to this kind of performance the last few weeks. A lot of what he does goes unnoticed - breaks up play and offers an extra body in the box. He can be a bit rough on the ball at times but can never question his effort.

Great game from him!

Iwobi - looking dangerous, I really hope Caro keeps this pace out wide tactic over the next few weeks. I hope Iwobi is up for a big performance against arsenal.

6 hours ago, pete0 said:

Thought we looked the better team until we scored. After that it was an absolute bore to watch. Never in much danger but never in much control. Felt like a friendly.

That said thought Iwobi stood out. Time and time again he got us attacking when we looked like it was gonna go the other way. Reminds me of Barkley, great under pressure but a bit plop when given time to think. Hopefully Ancelotti and the coaches can help work on his decision makin.

Makes me wonder how Barkley would have progressed under Carlo.

7 hours ago, pete0 said:

How's Olsen got a vote when he wasn't challenged once? 

2 hours ago, Palfy said:

Another cheap shot at Pickford, fucking embarrassing 🙈 

First vote for him was from me and I explained why as did Cornish. 
it’s not a dig at Pickford, purely an observation. 
He made 3-4 saves including Vardys header, nothing world class but looked and acted solid, helping to give confidence to his back 4. Most of not all have commented each game on Pickfords wobbles in one way or another.

24 minutes ago, Wiggytop said:

First vote for him was from me and I explained why as did Cornish. 
it’s not a dig at Pickford, purely an observation. 
He made 3-4 saves including Vardys header, nothing world class but looked and acted solid, helping to give confidence to his back 4. Most of not all have commented each game on Pickfords wobbles in one way or another.

They had 2 shots on target so not 3 or 4 saves :lol:. The Vardy save was right at him. If Vardy had put it anywhere else it was a goal (not that that would make it an error because no goalkeeper would have saved it).