IGNORED

Wolves (Away) Tuesday 12 January

markjazzbassist

CARLO KNOWS.Β 

Hope all that moaned about the formation go to bed with a lovely slice of humble pie - the man is bang on. Great formation, brilliant substitutions and another away win to add to the pile. All without DCL (and a fit Richarlison).

Exactly what we needed to, back on the winning trail. Let's go and get another three off Villa!

I realize that not every player in the squad isΒ up to par, but recentlyΒ I think that Davies has been doing well at shielding the ball when he gets marked. In the sense that he seems to recognize defensive pressure a bit better to at least evade tackles and then be productive afterwords. He definitely still hitsΒ some wayward passes but I think he's raised his game a bit, even if it's not at the requisite (starting 11) standard. There's genuine pressure to start in this team and he's recognized that there are things he needs to add to his game to be included.

5 minutes ago, nutmegwolf203 said:

I realize that not every player in the squad isΒ up to par, but recentlyΒ I think that Davies has been doing well at shielding the ball when he gets marked. In the sense that he seems to recognize defensive pressure a bit better to at least evade tackles and then be productive afterwords. He definitely still hitsΒ some wayward passes but I think he's raised his game a bit, even if it's not at the requisite (starting 11) standard. There's genuine pressure to start in this team and he's recognized that there are things he needs to add to his game to be included.

He was terrible against Rotherham but I have no complaints about him tonight. He had a good game.

Huge win, really impressed with that second half. We tightened up that little bit more and whilst we didnt create a lot, we didnt allow them as much of the time and space we gave them in and around our box in the first half.Β 

I thought both centre backs were superb, Keane nicking it this week and I thought James and Iwobi were excellent all night. James was finding pockets of space all over the pitch and finding people with his passes and almost never the easy option either.Β 

The rest were all much of a muchness. I wouldn't say they were really more than 6/10 bar the cross from Gomes on his left peg which was different class.Β 

Wolves on the otherhand play very well until they got to about 20 yards out. Once Doucoure crocked Neto, he disappeared out of the game and he was the only one capable of doing anything. Fabio makes Kean look like a world beater.