IGNORED

Southampton (Home) Monday 1 March

markjazzbassist

1 minute ago, markjazzbassist said:

great result, 3 points and a win and a clean sheet.  i don't care that it wasn't sexy, we WON.  get rested up and get the injured lads back for thursday.  COYB

You have to get lucky to find an 'easy' Premier league game, most 3 points are hard to come by. I agree, points are all that matters now and good to start putting the 'home' hoodoo to bed.

Missed Davies today, but good to see Allan get 90mins under his belt, he is only going to improve on the run in. 

Richarlison form continues. 

That will do me. Not going to try over analyze it. 

8 minutes ago, Zoo 2.0 said:

How long are we playing here like?!

WHY THE FUCK ARE WE STILL PLAYING

Edit: So there's 3 minutes added on and Atkinson plays 6? Absolutely livid that he even allowed that break and corner to stand, Doucoure should be given a bollocking too for playing the ball back towards his own goal at such a late stage. 

Made up though, back in form at Goodison and a professional performance. Didn't really get out of first gear and didn't look troubled either, all without James etc too.

Carlo needs to bring this up. It's getting daft... Keown was desperate for them to score the prick.

27 minutes ago, Zoo 2.0 said:

I've got you on ignore, but for some reason that post came through as visible (and saw your quote via Mike). 

You only ever log in to be negative, one of those people that probably spends all matchday complaining that the programme is overpriced and that the beer doesn't taste what it used to. 

Negative, boring and tedious. Why bother following Everton if all you're going to do is cry about them - we've been far from our best but far from piss poor, don't let it stop you posting drivel though.

And I read your posts and think.. what does this guy know about football??

Has he even played the game!!

Keep my comments hidden. 

3 minutes ago, milesey05 said:

And I read your posts and think.. what does this guy know about football??

Has he even played the game!!

Keep my comments hidden. 

To be fair I think @Zoo 2.0 has played at a higher level than anyone else on here (I'll be corrected if I'm wrong) so you're a bit wide of the mark with that.

21 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

Carlo needs to bring this up. It's getting daft... Keown was desperate for them to score the prick.

In fairness there was a sub in stoppage time which is mandatory added time and a lengthy injury to one of their players. I think it was probably 30 seconds or so too long and the ref (wrongly) allowed it to continue as they had a corner. 

22 minutes ago, barryj said:

But I’ll take 12 more of those results until the end of the season. 

I can’t imagine anyone disagreeing with this.

21 minutes ago, milesey05 said:

We wouldn’t get away with playing like that every week. 

Nor can I imagine anyone disagreeing with this counterpoint.

So we’re all in agreement.

21 minutes ago, milesey05 said:

Or not.

Leaving this as I only commented on performance.

Man of mystery eh? Is this you?

If you're going to drop a hint-bomb like that though I think it needs backing up....or you just look silly.

And you didn't just comment on performance at all, you had a go at Zoo (nothing wrong with that per se, I've done it myself in the past:D).

That's a game I'll forget as quickly as possible. It was so devoid of quality from both sides - 2 shots on target says it all.

But, it's three points in the bank for us and that's what matters. In previous years we'd have either not even scored or conceded an equaliser at the death. But we're made of stronger stuff these days for the most part.

Didn’t think it was great, but didn’t think it was that bad either.

I thought we were in control and have them nothing. Although we didn’t have many chances on target, we did create some really dangerous opportunities, and we’re inches away at times.

While a the same time, restricted them to one decent chance. 

Grind out three points, take it, and move on.

10 hours ago, milesey05 said:

A piss poor performance.

This comment may need justifying to a few ( not all ). Maybe Shambolic would have been apt and maybe stopped a few playing the digestive game together. 

I made one comment! I can be harsh or negative when i think a player or team is under performing ( Davies ), but on the flip side can dish out plenty of praise when deserved. I voted TD MOTM  2 weeks on the trot. 

My comment! Stats below are from Fulham and Saints games. 

Fulham    ........................Saints.

50%          Possession      47%

2               Shots on T       1

3               Shots off T      2

7               Total shots      7

2          Blocked shots      4

5               Corners           4

529           Passes           407

440   Passes Completed  302

83%        Pass success      74%

21             Crosses            13

695           Touches           612

17              Tackles            18

13             Aerials won       37  ( wow )

15            Clearances         23

5              Interceptions     12

7              Fouls                  13

1               Yellow cards      0

Stats show we defended better last night- not rocket science as we didn't concede 2 goals.

Would i accept winning our remaining games with performances last night? ABSOLUTELY!

My piss poor comment was pure disappointment as i expected more from the players.

Carlo is a world class manager and I'm grateful to have him at Everton

Mentality, mindset, belief and confidence! Words associated with our players and club at the moment! I love what Carlo and his team are doing but the selfish me would like to see a performance with a victory!

So from the stats if you were an outsider looking in without any knowledge of results??

We were the much better team in Fulham game 😉

4 hours ago, milesey05 said:

This comment may need justifying to a few ( not all ). Maybe Shambolic would have been apt and maybe stopped a few playing the digestive game together. 

I made one comment! I can be harsh or negative when i think a player or team is under performing ( Davies ), but on the flip side can dish out plenty of praise when deserved. I voted TD MOTM  2 weeks on the trot. 

My comment! Stats below are from Fulham and Saints games. 

Fulham    ........................Saints.

50%          Possession      47%

2               Shots on T       1

3               Shots off T      2

7               Total shots      7

2          Blocked shots      4

5               Corners           4

529           Passes           407

440   Passes Completed  302

83%        Pass success      74%

21             Crosses            13

695           Touches           612

17              Tackles            18

13             Aerials won       37  ( wow )

15            Clearances         23

5              Interceptions     12

7              Fouls                  13

1               Yellow cards      0

Stats show we defended better last night- not rocket science as we didn't concede 2 goals.

Would i accept winning our remaining games with performances last night? ABSOLUTELY!

My piss poor comment was pure disappointment as i expected more from the players.

Carlo is a world class manager and I'm grateful to have him at Everton

Mentality, mindset, belief and confidence! Words associated with our players and club at the moment! I love what Carlo and his team are doing but the selfish me would like to see a performance with a victory!

So from the stats if you were an outsider looking in without any knowledge of results??

We were the much better team in Fulham game 😉

Don't fall into the trap of the mob Milesey... If you want to be negative, you go for it ;)

A few observations...

1) How refreshing it is to note that Richarlison no longer dives every few minutes. Such behavior last season was embarrassing, but now it simply doesn't happen. He was subject to several rough tackles last night, but he didn't fake anything that I could tell. Well done to him. On the other hand, Digne and Holgate won free kicks when they weren't deserved. I hope this doesn't start a trend.

2) Despite their improvement under Ancelotti, I'm still not convinced that Andre Gomes and Gylfi Sigurdsson fit in to our new style of play. When they both play, I get nervous.

3) Allan is crucially important to our team. We have an increasingly solid back line. When he sits in front of them, we're very difficult to score against.

4) From the odd-looking bench, it's clear that Ancelotti sees the Chelsea match as the defining moment of our season, and I believe he's right. If we win that game, we have a serious shot at finishing in the top four. Thank goodness we have time before the next FA Cup game and can concentrate on the league, because we can't afford to let Chelsea steal "our" spot.

3 hours ago, Cornish Steve said:

A few observations...

1) How refreshing it is to note that Richarlison no longer dives every few minutes. Such behavior last season was embarrassing, but now it simply doesn't happen. He was subject to several rough tackles last night, but he didn't fake anything that I could tell. Well done to him. On the other hand, Digne and Holgate won free kicks when they weren't deserved. I hope this doesn't start a trend.

2) Despite their improvement under Ancelotti, I'm still not convinced that Andre Gomes and Gylfi Sigurdsson fit in to our new style of play. When they both play, I get nervous.

3) Allan is crucially important to our team. We have an increasingly solid back line. When he sits in front of them, we're very difficult to score against.

4) From the odd-looking bench, it's clear that Ancelotti sees the Chelsea match as the defining moment of our season, and I believe he's right. If we win that game, we have a serious shot at finishing in the top four. Thank goodness we have time before the next FA Cup game and can concentrate on the league, because we can't afford to let Chelsea steal "our" spot.

I do think this is the difference between making Top 4 or Top 7.

6 hours ago, Cornish Steve said:

A few observations...

2 hours ago, Sibdane said:

I do think this is the difference between making Top 4 or Top 7.

Beat West Brom before talking about the Chelsea game defining anything guys.

28 minutes ago, MikeO said:

Beat West Brom before talking about the Chelsea game defining anything guys.

This is it. Such a strange season with teams dropping points regularly that if we just go one game at a time and keep picking up points we will be putting scoreboard pressure on the teams around us.

I think having Carlo is going to be pivotal in the run in this season

2 hours ago, Btay said:

This is it. Such a strange season with teams dropping points regularly that if we just go one game at a time and keep picking up points we will be putting scoreboard pressure on the teams around us.

I think having Carlo is going to be pivotal in the run in this season

Even taking out the weird season, we’re talking about Everton here. 

• 3 weeks later...