IGNORED

Demarai Gray

20 hours ago, Bailey said:

Very happy to eat my words with this fella. It is very early days and he started like this in Germany before falling off a cliff but he definitely adds a new dimension to our attack. 

Bailey.... Just give him a chance.  You came wading in on him ..... He cost 6 of James weekly wages.  

35 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

Bailey.... Just give him a chance.  You came wading in on him ..... He cost 6 of James weekly wages.  

When you put it like that the reality numbing, we need to hurry up and get rid of James and find another 2 like Gray, 3 for the price of 1 and the 1 we’ve got in my opinion is better for the team than the 1 we need to get rid of. 

21 hours ago, Hafnia said:

And I am very happy to be proven wrong, (as the post you quoted showed) but it is early days.

Like I have said to you before, I don't care about his cost. If he is starting games for Everton, he needs to be good enough and so far he is proving to be that.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/58298530

Demarai Gray: Leeds got what they deserved in the opening exchanges against Everton. I'm no fan of VAR, but referee Darren England's use of the replay check, for the first goal when in doubt, was the right thing to do.

How Liam Cooper had the nerve to question his subsequent booking, never mind the penalty he gave away for pulling Dominic Calvert-Lewin's shirt practically off his back, beggars belief.

As for Everton, I think they are very lucky to have got Rafa Benitez so soon as manager after losing Carlo Ancelotti. The Spaniard has brought in winger Gray, who looked electric against Leeds and is a real talent.

Did you know? Gray scored his first Premier League goal for Everton, becoming the 34th different player to score both for and against the Toffees in the competition.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Shukes said:

This lad is a joy to watch. Pace, good feet, and an end product. Unbelievable for the price we paid!

He really has been. Just goes to show what good coaching can do. I bet Leicester fans are sick watching him perform so well. It does worry me that his mental balance seems to be frail though. I hope his chin doesn't drop, but when he inevitably does hit a poor spell of form, it will be interesting to see how he recovers. Meanwhile, I'm loving watching him. 

I think a big difference for Gray is playing on the counter attack. For Rodgers at Leicester he was playing against a compact defence where he had little or no space to use his quick feet and dribble at players.

Rafa has him playing in space and he is getting him isolated 1 v 1 regularly and it is working wonders.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...