IGNORED

Luis Díaz

13 minutes ago, patto said:

What I can't understand Porto wanted us to pay 75% of James wages why not do that and get the player we want if James stays we pay all of his wages and hes not wanted and we lose Diaz to me that's stupid.

So we have to pay £150k a week for a player not on our books then stump up the wages for Diaz on top of that when we are already  hamstrung by Financial (Un)Fair Play ?

4 minutes ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

Don’t get me wrong I’m gutted the Diaz deal has fallen through , even though I’m admittedly basing that on a few YouTube clips because I’d never heard of him this time last week

I just don’t think we are in a position to be throwing that kind of money at a player we can’t put on the pitch and that’s  before you take into consideration how much we would have to fork out for Diaz

Im also not overly upset at the idea of getting to see James in an Everton shirt this season, even if it’s only until January, he will have a point to prove and not just to Rafa because he will be hurting at being ditched from the Columbia squad for the Copa America 

If he stays he will play a part because the squad is paper thin and his vision could be perfect now we have a bit of pace in the side 

I think it’s a sign of us taking a different approach (partly out of necessity) and not forking out the extra money and putting ourselves in a tricky financial situation. We balance the books this window and then next summer we can hopefully reap the benefits of being prudent. I expect next big window will be dominated by “what does Richarlison go for and what do we do with the money?”

2 hours ago, patto said:

I don’t think he will be interested in proving a point to anyone and I think Benitez will be seething and probably won’t want him in the team there was already some rumblings about his attitude to training at present he’s not fit enough to play,I just think he and Carlo have had our kecks down, Willian he’s just ripped a 20m contract up to go and play  yet James wouldn’t take a pay cut I can’t see him getting in this side any time soon. 

James took a massive pay cut to come to us to play football.

10 minutes ago, patto said:

Delph has been a big mistake but how do you get rid of him you cant, James has loads of talent but not the application he needs to wake up he might be finished after Everton unless he gets himself fit, you can't be a team member if you want to come off the pitch at three quarter time 

Use his antivax stuff as going against the clubs principles and sack him. Or sack him for being shit, like in any other job. 

Its been hard for James, but now the window has closed and we have certainty he and the team can concentrate on football. We are good at making players feel wanted and intergrating them into the squad. Benitez has a good reputation for his man management skills so I dont think this will be a problem. James is the most talemted player at the club, one of the most talented in the league, we fans need to get behined him and help him fall in love with football again and feel the rush that is playing at Goodison!

As for Delph I would sack him unless he takes the vaccine, there is precident and legally it is sound. He will challenge and it will create publicity, but its the right thing to do, for several reasons.

20 minutes ago, London Blue said:

As for Delph I would sack him unless he takes the vaccine, there is precident and legally it is sound. He will challenge and it will create publicity, but its the right thing to do, for several reasons.

The vaccine isn't mandatory for players so how would you sack him for not having it? There are plenty of players that haven't had it and I doubt he's the only one in our squad that hasn't. 

I would sacked Delph for publishing medical advice/opinions on social media. 

The fact I disagree with him isn't the driver here.  I don't agree with the likes of Southgate being a spokesperson for having them either.  

However Delph was wrong... In so many cases the human immune system does not react correctly to Covid. His post was incorrect. 

9 minutes ago, pete0 said:

Carlo did attract him. Would have been very hard to convince a world class player like James to come otherwise. Definitely wouldn't have joined with the likes of Benetiz.

Not a single person was talking about Rafa and you had to come in and take the piss.

Why so negative all the time, Pete? Lemme tell ya, I used to be the same way but therapy is a godsend. I highly recommend it, might make you a happier individual 😊

3 minutes ago, dunlopp9987 said:

Not a single person was talking about Rafa and you had to come in and take the piss.

Why so negative all the time, Pete? Lemme tell ya, I used to be the same way but therapy is a godsend. I highly recommend it, might make you a happier individual 😊

I'll go to therapy if you go get an education. 

4 hours ago, London Blue said:

Its been hard for James, but now the window has closed and we have certainty he and the team can concentrate on football. We are good at making players feel wanted and intergrating them into the squad. Benitez has a good reputation for his man management skills so I dont think this will be a problem. James is the most talemted player at the club, one of the most talented in the league, we fans need to get behined him and help him fall in love with football again and feel the rush that is playing at Goodison!

Ahhh poor James. Earning millions whilst being sat on his arse and no longer getting the easy ride he had under Carlo.

If James wanted to play for Everton, he would be out there getting fit as a flee and putting in a shift week after week. He has his football career in his hands and if he wants to put in the hard work, he could play for anyone in world football. I am certainly not going to sit here and feel sorry for him.

9 hours ago, Bailey said:

Ahhh poor James. Earning millions whilst being sat on his arse and no longer getting the easy ride he had under Carlo.

If James wanted to play for Everton, he would be out there getting fit as a flee and putting in a shift week after week. He has his football career in his hands and if he wants to put in the hard work, he could play for anyone in world football. I am certainly not going to sit here and feel sorry for him.

Not asking you to feel sorry for him, just give him a chance to get his head straight and support him when he is back in the team.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...