IGNORED

Frank Lampard

3 minutes ago, dunlopp9987 said:

Doesn't matter who's coaching this team. We're going down unfortunately

I think it's time to get in touch with Dyche. I really want Frank to succeed but he's not the right manager for the situation. We're in a dogfight and it's back to the mid 90s when we needed grit and determination. Dyche would inspire that or the fear of God into them, something to get something out of a squad that's better than it portrays itself as.

17 minutes ago, Bailey said:

I just think he is a bad manager and I think other managers will improve this group of players. 

I think you are over estimating the players.

Under a few managers (of different styles and experience),this team has been poor since the very beginning of 2021 and even before that. We have a bit of revival for 4 month when James had a bit of early form for us up until Xmas.

Otherwise it all be pretty shite.

Only manager who can actually hold his head up high on results really is Alladyce.  As painful as that is to say.

3 minutes ago, Zoo 2.0 said:

Anyone thinking that a new manager is the answer is kidding themselves. With this amount of toxicity with the board, there will be no feel good bounce. The club is dead and the rot won't stop with a new coach.

Lampard's record is abysmal, but I just don't see where we go from him.

I certainly do not believe a new manager is the answer to all our problems, but I think a proper manager can drag us out of this hole short term. Right now the most important thing is to retain our premier league status, and that with a good manager is definitely possible. Season is far from over, we must act now.

Let’s be honest the players aren’t great but we have no set plan 

1 week it’s 4/5/1 

following week it’s 5/4/1

We aren’t creative yet he keeps playing iwobi as a number 10 isn’t working

14 days into a crucial transfer window and no signings

Wasted transfer window in the summer with Maupay being a panic buy

It’s just poor all over

32 minutes ago, RPG said:

But would Dyche be the man to get the best out of the players we have? I think he could probably do something with the defence but I can't see him sorting out our midfield or forward line. I think we are stuffed to be honest and I can see Frank resigning rather than being sacked because of all the toxicity around the club.

Dyche has at least shown he’s capable of managing in the PL; Frank has not. The issues go deeper than just the manager, but Frank is not showing anything to make me think he’s a good manager besides being well-liked. 

12 minutes ago, Zoo 2.0 said:

Anyone thinking that a new manager is the answer is kidding themselves. With this amount of toxicity with the board, there will be no feel good bounce. The club is dead and the rot won't stop with a new coach.

It's something that might change the tide. But the board absolutely have to be held accountable. 

Easy to say as someone not fortunate to be able to get to the games as much as I would like, but an empty stadium at a game would be a powerful message if done on mass. 

We're utterly fucked no matter who is in the dugout, so at this point I do not give a shit if he stays or goes.

We played with 5 at the back today and defensively we looked like conceding any time Southampton attacked, so good luck getting a manager in that will play backs to the wall football.

Our attacking players are fucking abysmal, so any manager wanting to attack will fail also.

We are shit. Just shit. And we're going down.

One our problems is we seem to alternate manager types. Dyche is not the same type of manager as Frank, Benitez was not the same type as Anchelloti, Allerdyce not the same type as Silva and a cycle mixed messages goes on and on and on. Is that what people think we should be doing?

It is part of the mess we are in.

What is the next managers remit?

Just to try say in the Premier league? Or develop a football playing squad of young players? I am not sure we can have both from the position we are currently in.

We might have to run the risk of going down if we really want the latter over the longer term.

We should all be enthusiastic about an amazing new stadium, but it's just a footnote, as everything else at the club is so abysmal.

Only joy I can find is that Brighton also gave the Red shite a footballing lesson today. 

I’m doing my best not to have a knee jerk reaction and jump up and down demanding he resigns or is sacked. 
However I really can’t see us getting enough points to survive given the way the team crumbled today, I think we need to get some wins away from home, Goodison is becoming the 12th man for away teams, players look like rabbits in headlights atm.

13 minutes ago, RuffRob said:

One our problems is we seem to alternate manager types. Dyche is not the same type of manager as Frank, Benitez was not the same type as Anchelloti, Allerdyce not the same type as Silva and a cycle mixed messages goes on and on and on. Is that what people think we should be doing?

It is part of the mess we are in.

What is the next managers remit?

Just to try say in the Premier league? Or develop a football playing squad of young players? I am not sure we can have both from the position we are currently in.

We might have to run the risk of going down if we really want the latter over the longer term.

We should all be enthusiastic about an amazing new stadium, but it's just a footnote, as everything else at the club is so abysmal.

Only joy I can find is that Brighton also gave the Red shite a footballing lesson today. 

Funny you mention Brighton, I was thinking about them earlier today. They're a team who has a clear plan in place. They lose their manager early in the season, bring in a new one who fits their system, and they're flying high. 

1 hour ago, Zoo 2.0 said:

Just had this conversation with my mate. No uplift as it’s not like we are calling for Frank to be sacked and the cloud is lifted, it’s just an inevitability. The only cloud lift would be if the board were removed. 

When he is sacked we can’t wait two weeks for a new manager. It needs to be a quick turnaround. 

Feel sorry for Lampard as he would be an ideal manager for us to grow and develop a young squad around. He fell in love with the club and re-built trust with a fans. But sadly, the board have chewed him up, he is stuck between an arrogant, pathetic board, who have no business being near our club having failed again and again and again, a chairman who has no clue about how to run a club, and a fan base that is toxic.

13 minutes ago, dunlopp9987 said:

Funny you mention Brighton, I was thinking about them earlier today. They're a team who has a clear plan in place. They lose their manager early in the season, bring in a new one who fits their system, and they're flying high. 

What's our system? What's our philosophy? I haven't known since Martinez and I hated that. 

2 hours ago, RuffRob said:

I think you are over estimating the players.

Under a few managers (of different styles and experience),this team has been poor since the very beginning of 2021 and even before that. We have a bit of revival for 4 month when James had a bit of early form for us up until Xmas.

Otherwise it all be pretty shite.

Only manager who can actually hold his head up high on results really is Alladyce.  As painful as that is to say.

I dont think the players are great either but Lampard has made them worse and his signings are largely failing too. 

I dont think Southamptons players are that great but you could see their plan to cut through us today and also against City. 

You dont need to have great players to play competent football and you can see in his face that Lampard is in way over his head and he doesnt have a clue what to do. 

Put the bloke out of his misery.

2 hours ago, StevO said:

Just had this conversation with my mate. No uplift as it’s not like we are calling for Frank to be sacked and the cloud is lifted, it’s just an inevitability. The only cloud lift would be if the board were removed. 

When he is sacked we can’t wait two weeks for a new manager. It needs to be a quick turnaround. 

Im not sure I agree if we get some wins and move up the table we would forget the board stuff somewhat.

1 hour ago, memmaclub2 said:

Im not sure I agree if we get some wins and move up the table we would forget the board stuff somewhat.

You might. I’ve not forgot the issues with the board for years. It’s been a bit sugar coated when we were spending money left right and centre, but a few wins certainly won’t make me forget. 

9 hours ago, StevO said:

You might. I’ve not forgot the issues with the board for years. It’s been a bit sugar coated when we were spending money left right and centre, but a few wins certainly won’t make me forget. 

As improbable as it is if we were winning games abd moving up the table I would forgive players board and manager but we haven’t looked too 6-8 for a long time.