IGNORED

Ifs, buts and Maybes

I'm mega confident we'll be sound now.

I see us getting at least 12 points from the remaining 27 available.

Again, enjoying watching us these days. I think some people's view of how we are playing is tarnished by their perception of what a Dyche team plays like. We're so much better than I expected.

We need more finesse on the ball, need an increase in quality - we know where, what areas. Other than that, happy days.

This is how I think the league will finish at the bottom. Points may differ slightly but feel the final positions will be pretty much spot on with maybe Bournemouth dropping below Leicester.

Leeds Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  39

Everton. Ā  Ā  38

Palace. Ā  Ā  Ā  38

Wolves Ā  Ā  Ā  38

WHU Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā 37

Bourn Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  36

Leicest Ā  Ā  Ā  35

Notts F Ā  Ā  Ā  33

Saints Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  30

Ā 

52 minutes ago, Palfy said:

This is how I think the league will finish at the bottom. Points may differ slightly but feel the final positions will be pretty much spot on with maybe Bournemouth dropping below Leicester.

Leeds Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  39

Everton. Ā  Ā  38

Palace. Ā  Ā  Ā  38

Wolves Ā  Ā  Ā  38

WHU Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā 37

Bourn Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  36

Leicest Ā  Ā  Ā  35

Notts F Ā  Ā  Ā  33

Saints Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  30

Ā 

That would be incredible after the season we've had and I would be full of optimism for next season with Sean in charge.Ā 

Was curious if there is a trend in promoted sides immediately being relegated so did a little digging. Bolded are teams that only lasted one season in the league.Ā 

14/15: Hull, Burnley, QPR
15/16: Newcastle, Norwich, Villa
16/17: Hull, Boro, Sunderland
17/18: Swansea, Stoke, West Brom
18/19: Cardiff, Fulham, Huddersfield
19/20: Bournemouth, Watford, Norwich
20/21: Fulham, West Brom, Sheffield
21/22: Burnley, Watford, Norwich

17/18 is an anomaly, if trends hold it will be Forest, Bournemouth and Southampton relegated. While we should be confident we're certainly not out of the woods yet. COYB.Ā 

On 06/04/2023 at 12:16, Palfy said:

Leeds Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  39

Everton. Ā  Ā  38

Palace. Ā  Ā  Ā  38

Wolves Ā  Ā  Ā  38

WHU Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā 37

Bourn Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  36

Leicest Ā  Ā  Ā  35

Notts F Ā  Ā  Ā  33

Saints Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  30

Ā 

I really can't see Leicester being relegated. Wolves are more likely, I would say.

On 06/04/2023 at 17:16, Palfy said:

Leeds Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  39

Everton. Ā  Ā  38

Palace. Ā  Ā  Ā  38

Wolves Ā  Ā  Ā  38

WHU Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā 37

Bourn Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  36

Leicest Ā  Ā  Ā  35

Notts F Ā  Ā  Ā  33

Saints Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  30

Ā 

I had same bottom 3 but with Leicester below forest and Bournemouth way out of it. West Ham close.Ā 

2 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

I had same bottom 3 but with Leicester below forest and Bournemouth way out of it. West Ham close.Ā 

I came up with a formula that brought me to that conclusion, obviously not truly scientific but based on games played and points gained for the 1st 19 games, and a prediction of what points teamsĀ will win in 2nd half of the season taking into account games already played and those to play. You may well be right, but itā€™s going to be exciting to see how this season starts panning out from here in.Ā 

12 hours ago, Palfy said:

I came up with a formula that brought me to that conclusion, obviously not truly scientific but based on games played and points gained for the 1st 19 games, and a prediction of what points teamsĀ will win in 2nd half of the season taking into account games already played and those to play. You may well be right, but itā€™s going to be exciting to see how this season starts panning out from here in.Ā 

Fuck excitement. Iā€™d happily sit through as many dead rubbers as possible.Ā 

12 hours ago, Palfy said:

Exciting?! Are you mad? I'm hoping we can pull clear enough that I'm saved from the 'excitement' of last season.

33 minutes ago, StevO said:

Iā€™d quite like Chelsea and Fulham to turn up today. Leaving it late though.Ā 

I've given up on Wolves being part of the relegation scrap, think they're gonna be fine.Ā 

A bit disappointing the results today, but I actually prefer Bournemouth going over Leicester since Bournemouth will inevitably struggle. Forest and Leicester are in free fall.

Also, despite losing we're still gonna end the weekend out of the bottom 3. I'll take that considering how tight it all is

On 06/04/2023 at 17:16, Palfy said:

Leeds Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  39

Everton. Ā  Ā  38

Palace. Ā  Ā  Ā  38

Wolves Ā  Ā  Ā  38

WHU Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā 37

Bourn Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  36

Leicest Ā  Ā  Ā  35

Notts F Ā  Ā  Ā  33

Saints Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  30

Ā 

Really? Home win against Bmouth last game- unless you think we are safe before.
They have destroyed us this season.

Ā 

Ā 

12 hours ago, milesey05 said:

Really? Home win against Bmouth last game- unless you think we are safe before.
They have destroyed us this season.

Ā 

Ā 

I didnā€™t base my prediction on individual games, it was based on points won at stages of the season with a prediction of points to be won with remaining games from all teams in the relegation battle. Personally to try and predict every game and what the outcome will be is a bit of a lottery no 2 games or teams are the same in performances consistently, if you could comfortably predict by 60% and over the results of games on a regular basis you would if you had the belief in your predictions be a bookieā€™s nightmare. So your point on Bournemouth and previous games against them this season imo is irrelevant to the last game of the season against them, and do I believe we will be safe before that game I do not know we may need a win or a draw or loss wouldnā€™t matter, I think we finish on 38 points and what the results are against the teams we have left I honestly donā€™t know, but between now and the end of the season I think we will find another 11 points. Ā So to answer your question yes really.Ā