IGNORED

Beto

On 27/08/2023 at 10:39, c1982 said:

We’re not paying until the next financial year - maybe this is why deals have taken so long. Hopefully gives us the wriggle room for more deals.

Yep think we'vebeen saying for a while now that the deal structures we need are impacting the players we can pursue and how long it takes to close the deals. Simon Jordan also said in his video that we are also ratifying deals with Prem League, which will also add time. 

This "stats wheel" or whatever there call gives me a bit of the willies.  I fear the boo boys will be right on him after the 12th pass in a row bounces 10 yards off his shine.  Assuming these numbers a meaningful, look at those low figures for link up play, passing, ball retention.  He might have Dom's physique, but he seems to havea radically different style of play.

Top one Dom, bottom one Beto

image.png.c16c7c9a91bcadec80d7ef6b6b0bfb4f.png

image.png.8f78768bbb80e344954081361c5b9988.png

Edited by chicagoblue
Forgot second graphic

11 hours ago, Matt said:

Does it if its a completely separate company? 

If it makes any difference, Goodison park has been a separate company for a long time. The Everton Football Club Company has a bunch of other companies under it, the stadium being one, the team another, then the charity, the training ground. 

2 minutes ago, StevO said:

If it makes any difference, Goodison park has been a separate company for a long time. The Everton Football Club Company has a bunch of other companies under it, the stadium being one, the team another, then the charity, the training ground. 

Makes sense from a corporate point of view.

35 minutes ago, Shukes said:

I get emails from the Everton stadium team. At the moment they are selling match day experiences. They are holding a 3D demonstration at the Liver building. Everything is branded the same and looks like it’s under the Umbrella of Everton football club.

It’s all under Everton Football Club, I don’t think we need to worry about it right now. Think it’s a bit of worse case scenario talk. 

2 hours ago, Matt said:

I heard good at hold-up play though, thought you'd be happy  :lol:

We will have to see.  He looks like he can shield the ball, I’m hoping he can play on the half turn.

The one area Lukaku was good is running from deep and this lad looks the same. He drops off and builds up momentum and centre halves hate strikers who will run at them. 

33 minutes ago, Matt said:

If we've got that Lukaku-DCL hybrid then it's a game and season changer signing. Assuming the hybrid is finishing + work ethic rather than shit first touch + injury prone...

On the highlight reels there seems to be a lot of footballs bouncing off his shin. But say it quietly. 🤫 

Lots of players go missing in the Premership becasue of the pace and physicallity of the game. This lad is fast, big and strong, so sounds to me like he will enjoy the physicality of the Premiership - so massive box ticked. 

The lad has had to work very hard to get to where he has got  in the game, he not from a footballing background (family wise). Everytime he has moved up a level, he has improved his game and has succeded. He is obviosely a grafter. Based on what I have read I already like his charater. 

He can obviosely finish, as has a decent strike rate in Seria A. OK, not the premeriship, but a decent enough league.

He will suit our team far far more than Maupy and will be a massive upgrade.

Once intergrated in to the squad, I think has the attributes to actually challange DCL for the no.1 strikers position.  Which we have not had for sometime. 

To me he seems like he'll be frustrating at times but is nonetheless exactly what we need. We're creating chances, and especially with Mcneil / harrison healthy we should be able to build up just fine. We badly need someone who can get a good shot off and finish chances, and to me Beto looks like he's exactly that.