IGNORED

John Stones

Looking past all the ball playing composure (when it was working) he's actually a very fragile centre half who lacks concentration. I'll go out on a limb and say he'll become a good centre half at Premiership level but not a world class one.

He's only young you know mate and he was being coached by Coco the Clown. We wereshambolic defending and Stones put in some excellent performances against some big names.

Shame if he goes as I do think Koeman would be great for his progression but IF he does want to leave then so be it I've no time for players who don't want to be here who lets face it bar potential hasn't done a great deal of late ala Rom

Far from irreplaceable regardless of potential, Mori likes to push up etc so I'd be happy to get a solid old school type defender in to play alongside him

He's only young you know mate and he was being coached by Coco the Clown. We wereshambolic defending and Stones put in some excellent performances against some big names.

I see an air of arrogance about him that he feels as though he doesn't need to learn or listen. Lacks concentration and is still far too slight in build. I don't think he'll become world class at all. He'll be around the Jagielka quality.

I see an air of arrogance about him that he feels as though he doesn't need to learn or listen. Lacks concentration and is still far too slight in build. I don't think he'll become world class at all. He'll be around the Jagielka quality.

You could be right he may of peaked early and stay as he is, I doubt it though. He hasn't been coached very well mate, we didn't even defend set pieces in training, he was encouraged to do Cruyf turns in his own box and basically take the piss. He wasn't taught anything about defending under soft shite. His arrogance I think is a good thing, all great players have it on the pitch. He will bulk out.

Whatever way he goes under a good manager I think he has every box ticked to be world class. Whether he realises his potential is an entirely different matter. Shame really as I'd of loved to of seen him develop under Koeman who was a master in that position.

You could be right he may of peaked early and stay as he is, I doubt it though. He hasn't been coached very well mate, we didn't even defend set pieces in training, he was encouraged to do Cruyf turns in his own box and basically take the piss. He wasn't taught anything about defending under soft shite. His arrogance I think is a good thing, all great players have it on the pitch. He will bulk out.

Whatever way he goes under a good manager I think he has every box ticked to be world class. Whether he realises his potential is an entirely different matter. Shame really as I'd of loved to of seen him develop under Koeman who was a master in that position.

Arrogance is great when you know you're that good. Not so great when you continue to mess up and still be arrogant.

He has the ability to be a great player, world class I'm not sure. He'l earn a fortune at Citeh then after a few lapses in concentration probably warm the bench for a year or 2.

I think he would've improved more under Koeman personally but as he thinks he's above Everton get shot for the highest possible price. Then buy a better defender and move on.

Jesus Christ, there is not a single quote anywhere in that Echo article, not even the most basic attempt by the 'journalist' to explain why he's written that headline. You know a journalist is desperately making things up when he says ridiculously unverifiable shit like "Stones is determined to start pre-season at City". Like, how the fuck can he possibly know this? He can't even provide the slightest shred of evidence that Stones even wants away but he compensates for this by writing bollocks like that so people will think "Shit, he must know something if he's being so exact!"

All through the weekend this Forum was awash with "Slow news day at the Echo, yet more unsubstantiated shite they've written today" and yet time after time some of you fall for their crap, to the extent that now in this thread we have sentiments like 'bye John, fuck off if you want away so much'. You whine and whine and whine about gutter journalism and then fall for it every damn time. MAYBE he will end up leaving, I'm not saying he won't, but why do you react so impulsively to badly-written and totally uncorroborated tabloid articles?

Happy to see him go if all reports are true. If you can't be bothered to apply yourself and try to impress a new manager at the club you play for, your reasons aren't football orientated. IMO

WOuld have loved to have seen John emulate Koeman. Won't see it.

This will hurt us harder than Lukaku IMO.

If he wants to go, let him go. It would be tough to keep a player 2 years in a row against his wishes.

BUT make sure we get a top line price.

Personally, I think under Koeman he will come on loads in a short space of time and last season would quickly become a distant memory.

However, I can understand him wanting to play at City under Pep in what could, should, be a really exciting time for that club. And I actually think he'd get loads of game time there as their 2 CB's aren't 'all that' and his style of play suits Pep's style too.

As much as I hate to admit it, I think this move makes sense for Stones.

He probably did hand in a transfer request. The circus that surrounded him was a complete disgrace... John Terry and Cahill more or less tapping him up.

£30k a week to a £150k a week offer having been on a few bob less than 18 months before... I understood really.

But.... he never said a fookin tap. Even when fans were calling him a rat etc and making him think he should deffo go. He got his head down and said absolutely nothing.... and this is after we had received a huge bid for him.

We've never even had a bid for Lukaku and he has made about 7 public statements about leaving.

Edited by Hafnia

He probably did hand in a transfer request. The circus that surrounded him was a complete disgrace... John Terry and Cahill more or less tapping him up.

£30k a week to a £150k a week offer having been on a few bob less than 18 months before... I understood really.

But.... he never said a fookin tap. Even when fans were calling him a rat etc and making him think he should deffo go. He got his head down and said absolutely nothing.... and this is after we had received a huge bid for him.

We've never even had a bid for Lukaku and he has made about 7 public statements about leaving.

That was a great post until the last 2 lines. We're not talking about Lukaku we're talking about Stones.