IGNORED

Seamus Coleman

scouse

6 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

Im hoping like hell Brands is on the case for a RB. He gets worse the longer he’s back after injury!

i agree with the first part but surprisingly (i'm surprising even myself, i'm not a huge coleman fan) disagree on the second part.  today he made one of those classic diagonal runs he used to always make and he almost scored!  i get it, he didn't, and he was poor elsewhere, but that run and some other bursts into the box made me think he's finally getting back to the old seamus.  i'd give him till january and he might just surprise us.

20 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

Im hoping like hell Brands is on the case for a RB. He gets worse the longer he’s back after injury!

Him and Walcott the weakest links today, certainly Theo hung him out to dry a few times but we have 8/9 players who are top four quality and he's not one of them. Hate to say it because I love the man and his fairy tale story but he's peaked and that peak is short of most of the players around him. Love to be proved wrong mind.

Just now, MikeO said:

Him and Walcott the weakest links today, certainly Theo hung him out to dry a few times but we have 8/9 players who are top four quality and he's not one of them. Hate to say it because I love the man and his fairy tale story but he's peaked and that peak is short of most of the players around him. Love to be proved wrong mind.

Not great but he puts his body through it. I'm being livid at Theo, wants fining. 

Frustrated me no end today tbh 

I love the lad but sometimes I really wonder what's going on in his head if anything 

A few times he kicked the ball to absolutely no one or just let it run right by him.... almost comical 

He was hung out to dry at times by Walcott who really fucked me off today, no tracking back or covering and just half arsed about when it wasn't in their half 

11 minutes ago, MikeO said:

I felt sad that he was so atrocious today. My main gripe with him has always been that his poor crossing undoes any good he contributes, but watching him now is truly awful. I hope he gets close to being as he was (as frustrating as that was) but I just don’t see it. 

Two of his big assets was his speed and acceleration. Martial burned him a couple of times quite easily today and he isnt a smart enough defender to get away with losing his pace.

Im holding out that he will adapt and refind his form but Im not confident at this moment. He will still have good games but not at regularity that he used to.

1 hour ago, Bailey said:

Two of his big assets was his speed and acceleration. Martial burned him a couple of times quite easily today and he isnt a smart enough defender to get away with losing his pace.

Im holding out that he will adapt and refind his form but Im not confident at this moment. He will still have good games but not at regularity that he used to.

It’s more when the ball finds him out wide, he just slows everything down and goes back. 

7 hours ago, Btay said:

It’s more when the ball finds him out wide, he just slows everything down and goes back. 

He looks like he hasn't got a clue what to do now that he realises he can't beat his man by hitting the ball past him and being able to get to the ball first. Lets face it, that's what made Coleman look good - the fact that he had the pace to beat most players. Now that's gone his deficiencies are laid bare.

12 minutes ago, Bill said:

Don't expect McCarthy to be the manna from heaven like a lot of people think he will be. In my opinion he will not be a regular starter.

I don’t think many will expect him to be a regular starter. I think we could do with his bite for a couple of games to show the others the aggression needed in midfield, then hopefully the more reliable (in terms of fitness) players take note. 

1 hour ago, Aidan said:

Thought Seamus was one of the players who struggled yesterday - but my god did I celebrate that goal! So happy for him. That should kick his confidence on and hopefully edge him towards coming back to his best.

Couldn't disagree with this more. I thought he had a brilliant game, and he linked up with Walcott well again. A partnership that has looked fairly shite recently.

I'd obviously still replace him, and I'm not a big fan of him, but I had no problem with him yesterday. I actually thought he was one of our top performers.

13 hours ago, Finn balor said:

He obviously knows people have been slagging him from his goal celebration 

But doesn't seem to care all that much

https://www.independent.ie/sport/soccer/premier-league/players-can-be-very-precious-over-criticism-seamus-coleman-insists-he-wasnt-having-a-go-at-everton-fans-with-passionate-celebration-37492611.html

7 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

That look on his face whilst holding his ears to the fans say otherwise. 

16 minutes ago, pete0 said:

That look on his face whilst holding his ears to the fans say otherwise. 

Seamus seems like someone who is pretty honest, and does say what he thinks, even if that will get people's backs up. So I genuinely think if any of it was in anger towards the fans, even just a little bit, then he would say so.

I'm not saying he'd be calling out the fans and saying they're shit anything, that would be suicide :lol: