IGNORED

Seamus Coleman

scouse

12 hours ago, Bailey said:

The thing I noticed about Kenny and Coleman from last night is just how much more confident Coleman is to go forward. Defensively, there isn'ttt that much difference but in attack, Kenny just doesn't have the same confidence to get forward and provide the outlet. I have seen him under Unsy in the U23s and he is on his bike at every opportunity but he never went forward with the same freedom in the first team.

Ultimately I am not sure if he will be good enough to really be Coleman's replacement but I would like to see him in a positive side and see if he is any closer to filling Coleman's boots.

FFS are you expecting miracles  in his first season? he's still learning his trade, and has had to do in a side totally lacking in confidence, he's been the one player who's shown a bit of spirit this season

2 hours ago, Wiggytop said:

FFS are you expecting miracles  in his first season? he's still learning his trade, and has had to do in a side totally lacking in confidence, he's been the one player who's shown a bit of spirit this season

No and I have already mentioned the whole confidence thing. 

I don' get the "FFS" when I have put a balanced argument forward to which part of your argument against me being wrong is one of the reasons I gave?

3 hours ago, Bailey said:

No and I have already mentioned the whole confidence thing. 

I don' get the "FFS" when I have put a balanced argument forward to which part of your argument against me being wrong is one of the reasons I gave?

Because it was my first reaction on reading the post, it comes over as being overly critical of Jon Joe, if you thought it was a balanced argument, why not be more positive towards his future capabilities rather than being critical of his first 20 or so games in the top flight. 

Could possibly have been put over in a less negative way.

1 hour ago, Wiggytop said:

Because it was my first reaction on reading the post, it comes over as being overly critical of Jon Joe, if you thought it was a balanced argument, why not be more positive towards his future capabilities rather than being critical of his first 20 or so games in the top flight. 

Could possibly have been put over in a less negative way.

I think that is probably more to do with your perception. 

I said he was as capable as Coleman defensively (I'd consider that pretty positive), I said he hadn't had the same effect going forward for the first team as I know he has done for the U23s and then said why I think that is (ie confidence over ability) and that while I don't think that he will ultimately be Coleman’s replacement (ie one of the best PL RB) I'd like to see him given more opportunities in a more positive team to see if he can. 

By what you have said it sounds like you agree with the sentiments of my post but whereas your reaction was completely the opposite!

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, markjazzbassist said:

i don't blame you pad, if they keep big sam you might as well put the money elsewhere where you can get enjoyment out of it because you know you wont' at goodison.

Buy some good Tinto you're enjoy it, and drink enough and it will subdue the sadness for a couple of hours of Allardyce destroying us if he's here next season😉

Republic boss O'Neill is delighted to see Coleman back in the fold.

"I sometimes think he doesn't know himself how influential he is, not only in the dressing room but obviously on the field of play, that's the main part," he said.

"It almost goes without saying that we missed him. Had he been fit, I think we may have made it [to the World Cup], who knows? He would have given us a much better opportunity.

"I've said to him - I'd rather say it when he's not in the room - he's an absolutely world-class player."

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It’s always very easy for us players to hide behind managers. We have had three or four now and maybe we get away with a bit of the stick that’s flying around because it’s always on the manager’s toes, whether that be Roberto, Ronald, Sam, Moyesy before that. It’s about time us players now step up to the plate. We’ve not been close to winning something for a long time and at Everton that’s what we want, that’s what I want. "

spot on seamus

1 hour ago, markjazzbassist said:

It’s always very easy for us players to hide behind managers. We have had three or four now and maybe we get away with a bit of the stick that’s flying around because it’s always on the manager’s toes, whether that be Roberto, Ronald, Sam, Moyesy before that. It’s about time us players now step up to the plate. We’ve not been close to winning something for a long time and at Everton that’s what we want, that’s what I want. "

spot on seamus

Blah blah blah. Talk less and do it on the pitch then. People pleaser. I'm sick of the same old "this is what they'll want to hear"