IGNORED

Seamus Coleman

scouse

41 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

Seamus seems like someone who is pretty honest, and does say what he thinks, even if that will get people's backs up. So I genuinely think if any of it was in anger towards the fans, even just a little bit, then he would say so.

I'm not saying he'd be calling out the fans and saying they're shit anything, that would be suicide :lol: 

I don't know, strange to be straight to the news papers to explain himself. When I read it it felt like damage control.

Personally think he was telling a select few to fuck off/there you go. Wouldn't be surprised if he's heard some abuse/critisms from individuals.

Either way, he's held his hand up and acknowledged his poor form so even if it was a dig I think the majority of our fans are smart enough to take it on the chin and happy to be proven wrong. The Gladys were singing his name after it. 

45 minutes ago, hafnia said:

Personally I don't think he needed to do that celebration.  He's got a great relationship with the fans.  He's come out and explained it ... probably realising that he shouldn't have done it. 

I agree, but his emotions seem to have taken over, his career was nearly finsihsed less than 2 years ago, he came back, without any apparent physical problems, but hasn't returned to his pre injury form, so scoring his first goal since his return  was a big  moment for him, how many of us mere mortals could come back from such an horrific injury and play like it's never happened?

He still needs to stop the horrible little dinged crosses though!

41 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

Even if it was about sticking it to the fans I wouldn’t be bothered by it. The crowd give stick out and they should be able to take it back. 

No one will be arsed by it in the sense that it's great to see him have a good game.  

But he cant go back to the levels he's been at.... He's been poor. Very poor. 

There's a lot of love for Seamus. 

1 hour ago, Hoof_It_Nev said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46107472

Fair play, but although there's obviously rivalry between the two clubs, I doubt anyone would give him stick for donating to a Liverpool fan. 

Our rivalry is on the pitch, in the game in general. But the unity of the clubs when it comes to helping someone I don't think has ever been an issue, and something both should be proud of.

Coleman is my favorite player at Everton right now, so it pains me to finally admit that we should probably be looking for a replacement soon. I think he'll probably be fine for this season and the next, but his pace isn'tt where it used to be, and that was a major factor in how he got up and down the pitch.

6 hours ago, sibdane said:

Coleman is my favorite player at Everton right now, so it pains me to finally admit that we should probably be looking for a replacement soon. I think he'll probably be fine for this season and the next, but his pace isn'ttt where it used to be, and that was a major factor in how he got up and down the pitch.

If we are going places then I agree that 2 years on we'll need a Seamie replacement....till then, "go la".