IGNORED

Seamus Coleman

scouse

15 hours ago, Hafnia said:

You will have to tell me how he could/should have spent money in January.  The only value in January is signing players who could leave for free in the summer....  most clubs will only let players go if they are surplus to requirements.... which if they are usually means they aren't exactly playing or playing well...  I'm struggling to think of top January transfers, not saying there aren't- just struggling to think of any.

I personally can't wait for him to make his mark on the team with his choice of players. 

Effective signings from this window:

Soares (loan)

Mooy

Minamino

Fernandes & Ighalo

Rose (loan - not a position that would help us)

Berge (debatable)

Walker-Peters (loan)

Lo Celso / Bergwijn

Soucek / Bowen

Podence (after last weekend!)

I would say all of those players would improve this squad.

I agree in that I can't wait to see what he does with better players, especially in midfield, but again whether they will be purely "his choice" remains to be seen.

16 hours ago, markjazzbassist said:

Fernandez the biggest one for me. He transformed United 

I think something similar would happen to us. Drop a dynamic midfielder into the centre of the pitch for us and things will look much better next season. That's why if money isn't getting splashed around that we simply must put all of our eggs in that basket with a plan A, B, C all the way to Z if necessary. We cannot allow another window to go by and not sort that issue out.

• 2 months later...
38 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

i didn't realize seamus was a shit talker, thought he was more the quiet go about your business type.  honestly respect the guy less, i can't stand the shit talking, let your play and the scoreboard do the talking.  

MJB, I have to ask in all seriousness if your OK, some of your recent posts have been out of sorts from your previous ones, I hope you are.

that's what refs are for, he was sent off, he's not gonna do it again, he's a wimp, he did it to james when he wasn't looking.  he didn't even square up, all these guys are all talk.  don't stoop to their level. 

just kick the ball and keep your mouth shut.  i thought this was just american sports, i didn't realize football had no class either.

thank you @Wiggytop i'm fine, i just can't stand the shit talking.  i refused to do it when i played sports, i'm old school.  i just don't see what benefit there is.  

appreciate that but i'm fine, i just hate the shit talking.  i'm old school.  we played to win, you kept your mouth shut, you had class.  that was drilled into us by our coaches, win or lose the only thing you have left is your attitude and integrity.  they can't take that from you.  you win with class, you lose with class.  i didn't grow up a spoiled rich kid so maybe its just my upbringing.  

1 minute ago, markjazzbassist said:

appreciate that but i'm fine, i just hate the shit talking.  i'm old school.  we played to win, you kept your mouth shut, you had class.  that was drilled into us by our coaches, win or lose the only thing you have left is your attitude and integrity.  they can't take that from you.  you win with class, you lose with class.  i didn't grow up a spoiled rich kid so maybe its just my upbringing.  

Surely Coleman calling him out is showing integrity. Keeping shum only encourages it. 

2 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

Coleman was looking out for his mate, and it's nice to see. 

3 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

Football isn't a game of honour mate, the old saying is..... "You wanna play football let's play football, you wanna fight then let's fight"

I've played in games where touchlines were trying to trip players up, I've had my eye gouged, had a keeper sent of for a two footed tackle on me which was knee high that vaulted me 360 degrees from the resultant free kick (cos the keeper was 10 yards out his area) the centre half jumped up for a header with me and basically headbutted me for getting the keeper walked.

You don't cower, you face up to them cos if you don't you are screwed. 

That was playing in the Ellesmere port league for anyone who's interested

6 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

my mistake then

Let's be honest... You've watched players fall over in the penalty area looking for penalties, you've seen players getting their Achilles stamped, players calling eachother all-sorts, players claiming innocence when they have handballed in the box .....

You haven't got it confused with golf have you? 

1 hour ago, markjazzbassist said:

Glad your OK.

Re the shit talking It’s always been there bit without the ability for it to be picked up by all the media etc.  MJB if you’ve never seen it have a search for Kevin Keegan vs Billy Bremner from 74!

1 hour ago, Wiggytop said:

It’s a tough town, and I should know I grew up there, I know a few lads who had major injury’s from the Sunday leagues

Yeah. Mate got bitten in a game, took a chunk out his shoulder.  We were in changing rooms and someone set off a rocket and fired in.....  Toughened me up footy wise 

4 hours ago, markjazzbassist said:

just kick the ball and keep your mouth shut.  i thought this was just american sports, i didn't realize football had no class either.

Nothing to do with class. Defending your own. As every single player in that team should do, every single one of them. If any of our players didn’t defend their team mates, they are the ones I’ll be losing respect for.

We have a song we sing at Everton “we’ll fight fight fight with all our might for the boys in the royal blue jersey”. Expect nothing less. 

5 hours ago, Haiku said:

But what exactly Seamus have said that some of you classify as shit talking?

he doesn't say this to him until AFTER he is sent off knowing he can't do anything and seamus gets a free pass.  an analogy is you and some dude have beef have a fight, but he shows up with 5 extra dudes, you walk away knowing you're good as dead, and dude is running his mouth acting big and bad when he ain't got nothing to do with it.  it's pussy shit man. seamus had nothing to do with it, just piling on gibbs like he had a dog in the fight, he didn't.  if james wants to square up and have a go, that's man to man, go for it.  i got no problem with that (other than the red cars that ensue) but this johnny come lately shit talking, i just man, maybe i had too many of those types around me growing up, the all talk no action guys or something, just rubs me the wrong way.

6 hours ago, markjazzbassist said:

he doesn't say this to him until AFTER he is sent off knowing he can't do anything and seamus gets a free pass.  an analogy is you and some dude have beef have a fight, but he shows up with 5 extra dudes, you walk away knowing you're good as dead, and dude is running his mouth acting big and bad when he ain't got nothing to do with it.  it's pussy shit man. seamus had nothing to do with it, just piling on gibbs like he had a dog in the fight, he didn't.  if james wants to square up and have a go, that's man to man, go for it.  i got no problem with that (other than the red cars that ensue) but this johnny come lately shit talking, i just man, maybe i had too many of those types around me growing up, the all talk no action guys or something, just rubs me the wrong way.

No mate.... You got this completely wrong.  James gave Gibbs a nudge off the ball to let him know he's there - to make sure he knows he's not a soft touch.  Gibbs pushed his hand in his face and James took full opportunity to get him walked.

Ref gave the red card, the players stood round and Gibbs gobbed off.  Coleman retorted back telling him exactly what he thought.   What do you want? Us to get men sent off too? 

Too many years we've had the likes of Neville jumping up from 2 footed tackles from the likes of Kuyt stopping him getting a red.  Jagielka being Mr nice guy when other teams are walking over us. 

It's called standing up for ourselves and playing smart.