IGNORED

Seamus Coleman

scouse

I wouldn't get carried away with Coleman. He'll not have an easier day than yesterday, hard to even say who was playing on his side in the first half. Him and Richarlison seemed to be doubled up on Cresswell with little threat. 

That said I'd prioritise replacing the spine of the team over Coleman. Keane, Gana, Sigurdssen just don't have the winning mentality to take us up to the next level. 

• 2 months later...
On 01/04/2019 at 03:59, Gwlad all over said:

A good captain, can't think of anyone better at the moment.

But how long is he going to be our no.1 right back for. He finished the season well but when he was bad last year he was really bad. There’s not a player I like to see succeed more than Coleman because he epitomises what I want from an Everton as a person - but consistency of performances have me concerned.

• 4 months later...
2 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

Coleman showing what a great captain he is again last night by getting sent off for the ROI.

What a balloon.

In fairness his second yellow was for a handball when he was sliding in to block a shot. Wasn’t like he had done something stupid or reckless. 

1 hour ago, Bill said:

I really dont know Mike. 😕

OK so red (comprising of two yellows rather then straight red) v Burnley in the PL equals one domestic game ban. Same in Europe so he'll miss next ROI game.

Pretty sure you're pulling my chain on this mate but I'll play along.

• 3 months later...
7 hours ago, barryj said:

Had a really good game today and kept Zaha relatively quiet. I don’t know if they showed it on tv but Zaha towards the end got engaged with the crowd as Coleman had really got to him. After that he barely touched the ball. 

Defensively he was good, but on a number of occasions, he won the ball then dribbled himself back in to trouble when there were earlier pass options available. As a side note Having seen Zaha yesterday I’m very glad we didn’t get him, he won a few dribbles but didn’t have anything productive on past the defenders.

1 hour ago, Wiggytop said:

Defensively he was good, but on a number of occasions, he won the ball then dribbled himself back in to trouble when there were earlier pass options available. As a side note Having seen Zaha yesterday I’m very glad we didn’t get him, he won a few dribbles but didn’t have anything productive on past the defenders.

Just to play devils advocate, he played a lovely pass for their goal. 

never an £80m player though.