IGNORED

Oumar Niasse

Just now, EFC-Paul said:

I know he hasn't featured much but I'd have taken him 

Massively changed my opinion of the man, not the greatest player far from it but he's the opitome of our clubs moto and as frustrating as he can be he's an awkward fucker for defence's 

1 minute ago, London Blue said:

To be fair I would take them (maybe except Diouf) instead of Niasse.

Yeah - I can't comment either way because I don't watch Senegal or the French League at all, so I can't compare Niasse vs players playing in France. 

10 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

Our motto isn’t try your hardest. 

But our motto is literally not attainable at the moment is it? "Nothing but (your) best..." is the closest we can hope for currently. Unless you have a plan for bringing in Neymar, Salah, Messi, Kane etc etc over the summer.

17 minutes ago, MikeO said:

But our motto is literally not attainable at the moment is it? "Nothing but (your) best..." is the closest we can hope for currently. Unless you have a plan for bringing in Neymar, Salah, Messi, Kane etc etc over the summer.

Maybe it’s not, but that doesn’t change that Niasse does not epitomise our motto. 

26 minutes ago, EFC-Paul said:

You knew what I meant you hater 🤣

I don’t hate any of our players and definitely not Niasse 😛 

11 hours ago, Blueherts said:

Regardless of the rumours Niasse needs to be jogged on asap. We dont need another Straq taking up valuable wages. 

Our second highest scorer of the season, so he's kinda what Straq would've been with goals. Definitely someone to keep in my opinion, but only as an option from the bench

11 minutes ago, Aidan said:

Niasse is a nightmare against tired legs and in my opinion still has a role to play at Everton, Ibwould still like to see another striker brought in though.

Totally agree. If he is used properly, he is valuable. Gana is all effort and all hustle. Don't try to make him play a creative role, it's not him. Let him run amok from the 6 or a true CM. Niasse's finishing on touch in traffic is iffy - which sounds absurd after seeing his last goal, but still. Pretty much every time he came in, he made shit happen. Even if he was not scoring or was not on frame, he ran around like an unguided missile, stressing CB's and deep midfielders who had been running for 60-70 mins already, and pulled people out of shape. If we had more ruthless players in the final third, who knows what a bigger effect he could have for 20-30 mins due to work rate and effort alone.

Plus, the way RK unprofessionally humiliated him to the media and the squad....never a peep, he just kept at it, with no locker, with the U23's, at Hull... and always seems to play with a grin or a smirk. I don't think he can ever lead the line besides in a pinch, and I don't see him scoring 15 in a season, but I think he absolutely can provide value in the proper role. for a couple years, and I would bet he is pretty popular in the dressing room.  And he is 20,000 less a week than Ashley Williams, so then there is that.... 

People talk about him like he is a donkey.

Well donkeys don’t pull the ball down in a crowded box, spin on a sixpence and smash the ball into the net. Remember his one on one where he looked like he had scored before he even touched the ball as he made it look that easy. 

Hes a better footballer than he is given credit for.