IGNORED

Jordan Pickford

1 minute ago, Hafnia said:

Not sure what Carlos on about.... he's Jordan pickford - England's best keeper.... doesn't make mistakes any more than other keepers. 

I'd probably be looking at rightmove if i was pickford.  No way is Ancellotti not going to sign a keeper. 

There’s no way he will because a/ doesn’t need to and plenty of positions absolutely do, and b/ Pickford is a very good keeper despite making some daft mistakes (don’t think anyone has denied the last bit nor claimed he’s the best keeper ever). At least in the next 2 windows. 

i know you’ve chosen your new chew toy but come on now. Carlo has spoken of his quality, spoken about his attitude and told him the latter is not good enough. Keeper agreed. How you’ve equated that to him definitely getting a new keeper and Pickford being moved on would be a mystery to most. 

12 hours ago, c1982 said:

Everton have been poor in their past three games but the manner of defeat at Wolves marked a new low for Ancelotti. “When there is no fight I think this is not the DNA of this club,” he said.

“My style is to have a direct relationship and direct communication with the players. I speak with them for a lot of reasons – technical reasons, tactical reasons, behavioural reasons; a lot of things. In the last few days we have focused on the attitude. Today in training I have seen a different attitude and I hope that tomorrow it will be the same in the game.”

4 hours ago, Matt said:

There’s no way he will because a/ doesn’t need to and plenty of positions absolutely do, and b/ Pickford is a very good keeper despite making some daft mistakes (don’t think anyone has denied the last bit nor claimed he’s the best keeper ever). At least in the next 2 windows. 

i know you’ve chosen your new chew toy but come on now. Carlo has spoken of his quality, spoken about his attitude and told him the latter is not good enough. Keeper agreed. How you’ve equated that to him definitely getting a new keeper and Pickford being moved on would be a mystery to most. 

Carlo doesn't do mourinho washing in public....  he's a nice fella but he doesnt tolerate shite. 

I took his interview as being.... yeah he's got talent but at the moment he's shite, I've told him it's shite.... and I'm not having it. Sort it or get gone. 

25 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

Carlo doesn't do mourinho washing in public....  he's a nice fella but he doesnt tolerate shite. 

I took his interview as being.... yeah he's got talent but at the moment he's shite, I've told him it's shite.... and I'm not having it. Sort it or get gone. 

Exactly, he’s giving him a chance to sort it :huh: 

Not what you were saying before though 

5 hours ago, Hafnia said:

Not sure what Carlos on about.... he's Jordan pickford - England's best keeper.... doesn't make mistakes any more than other keepers. 

I'd probably be looking at rightmove if i was pickford.  No way is Ancellotti not going to sign a keeper. 

“I and everyone else at the club has total confidence in his quality. It is true he can do better and he knows this because he is critical of himself. I hope there is improvement in the next games.”

Are you suggesting your view of Pickford is wrong or Ancellotti's?

I would also hope we will be looking at a keeper this summer, but they will be a back up keeper, not starting.

9 hours ago, Bailey said:

“I and everyone else at the club has total confidence in his quality. It is true he can do better and he knows this because he is critical of himself. I hope there is improvement in the next games.”

Are you suggesting your view of Pickford is wrong or Ancellotti's?

I would also hope we will be looking at a keeper this summer, but they will be a back up keeper, not starting.

I'm suggesting that Ancellotti has a view of pickford which will be known by his actions very soon.   Not good enough. 

7 hours ago, markjazzbassist said:

I don’t like the guy but I’ll admit the talk carlo gave him did him good.  He wasn’t an ass hole to his teammates and He was calmer than usual.  Bravo

I'll take any positives that I can regarding him.  He's 26 now, he shouldn't need managers to tell him how to behave.  He needs fires lit under his arse, at bare minimum we need a keeper who is first team ready to either replace or challenge him. 

• 2 weeks later...
51 minutes ago, Gwlad all over said:

Is Ramsdale worth a punt?

Anyone is worth a shout over this clown.

Sorry but he is awful.  I think his value has gone down dramatically especially after his latest blooper.

No point in saying that we've got other priorities.... our last line of defence has concentration issues.  He is a problem.... he's in good company though..... there's about 5 other players at least who need to clear their lockers

2 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

I’m a big fan of his, I think he’s a great keeper, and he made some very good saves today but then ruined it all with that third goal. It’s indefensible. 

Thing is Romey - a "very good save" is a stop that you would expect a keeper to make 3 or 4 times out of 10. I didn't see that today, he makes some saves look better than they were because of theatrics.  

I hate to use Southall as an example as he was the best in the world and probably one of the top 5 keepers in my lifetime.... but he made tough saves look routine.  He caught balls that others would palm etc.

Pickford flaps all over the show.  Look at him when a ball flies wide, he's like a kid on a bouncy castle.

Just not convinced at all. Up till the world cup and the Liverpool game he was doing fine..... he brought a shit load of attention on himself and it's destroyed him. 

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Palfy said:

If rumours are right and we are being linked with keepers which would suggest Ancelotti feels the need is now required, should we be looking for older established keepers or younger up and coming. 

As we have England’s no 1 who is still quiet young, but isn’t doing what we want, I’d think we will go for an older established which gives us time to look for and develop youngsters.

• 2 weeks later...

The good work that the back four, alongside Allan, Doucoure and to a lesser extent Gomes did allowed the quality of chances for Spurs to be significantly reduced. Other than the Alli shot (which was at a good height) and Doherty's shot they really didn't have anything at all to worry us with - Kane, Alli, Lucas and Son virtually anonymous. 

When the "best" chance of the game comes from their right-back, you know you've done well keeping their attacking options quiet.