IGNORED

At what point do we say we are in a relegation dogfight?

21 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

While all the teams below us look very capable of taking points (see Swansea last night) and we look very suspect in that regard we are in a relegation dogfight now. And we don't look like we have that fight in us at all.

For me it comes down to the soft centre. Schneiderlin and Gana have no fight.

Everybody else has had a go so it's time to play somebody different and in a different formation.  

4-3-3

Pickford

Holgate.        Keane.     Jagielka.     Kenny

Davies.         Besic.       Benni.

Walcott.          Tosun.       Rooney.

Surely can't be any worse than the drivel that's being churned out by the same players who keep getting selected every week.

I want to see a straight 442. 

......................Pickford......................

Kenny...Holgate...Williams...The fucking tooth fairy would be better than Martina but he is all we have.

Walcott.....Besic......Gylfi......Bolasie

..............Rooney................................

.......................Tosun.........................

Anyone who has played football is comfortable in a 442. There would be no confusion as to where they are supposed to be. Basic would sweep up in midfield and Gylfi would be allowed to go forward. Rooney and Gylfi could switch it up and Bolasie and Walcott would surge forward. Holgate/Williams partnership is the best we have seen this season so far so why change that?

2 hours ago, Bill said:

Everybody else has had a go so it's time to play somebody different and in a different formation.  

4-3-3

Pickford

Holgate.        Keane.     Jagielka.     Kenny

Davies.         Besic.       Benni.

Walcott.          Tosun.       Rooney.

Surely can't be any worse than the drivel that's being churned out by the same players who keep getting selected every week.

Like that alot with a slight change. 4-3-1-2 Slide rooney in behind and let walcott and tosun link up as strikers. Davies and Beni can provide some width on opposing attacking fullbacks. 

31 minutes ago, AlbanyNYToffee said:

Like that alot with a slight change. 4-3-1-2 Slide rooney in behind and let walcott and tosun link up as strikers. Davies and Beni can provide some width on opposing attacking fullbacks. 

Yeah and we also have to switch Kenny, we must not play Martina cos Mahrez will slaughter him.

7 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

While all the teams below us look very capable of taking points (see Swansea last night) and we look very suspect in that regard we are in a relegation dogfight now. And we don't look like we have that fight in us at all.

I initially laughed at the scoreline when I saw that Liverpool has lost.

My second thought was what you posted and my laughter was swallowed and sadness took over.

Long road ahead.

Less than one-third the way through the season, it was too soon to suggest we would be in a fight against relegation. With our current manager, though, and the latest form table (including second worst goal difference), I'm beginning to get nervous. How many more games without a win will it take for Crooked Sam to be fired and for Everton to stay up?
m5c3uZY.png

Teams look so poor as the opposition play to defeat a teams play rather than just win a match these days. 

Not enough credit goes to teams who win by doing this, look at us last night. So many people couldn’t wait to point out how bad Leicester were, rather than recognise it was due to the way they couldn’t push forward as we were breaking so fast.

the only reason City are on top is because the teams they have played haven’t been good enough.

57 minutes ago, Shukes said:

Not enough credit goes to teams who win by doing this, look at us last night. So many people couldn’t wait to point out how bad Leicester were, rather than recognise it was due to the way they couldn’t push forward as we were breaking so fast.

I've got to say, I was fairly surprised when I got back from the game to read comments on here that we were lucky to win. I thought we were well worth the three points myself.

Four points from the last two games has tipped the balance again, despite a shocking performance v West Brom. Yeah we were awful over Xmas and into the New Year, but that was a big win last night. More importantly, with Coleman and Walcott down the right, we look like we have a genuine threat again. Even if Sam parks the bus in the away games to come (inevitable), with those two we will have a real threat on the break. 

I questioned the Walcott signing not coz of his pedigree but because I thought we needed to prioritise other positions. But if he stays fit, he could be the signing that sees us safe. 

12 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

I've got to say, I was fairly surprised when I got back from the game to read comments on here that we were lucky to win. I thought we were well worth the three points myself.

12 hours ago, Shukes said:

Teams look so poor as the opposition play to defeat a teams play rather than just win a match these days. 

the only reason City are on top is because the teams they have played haven’t been good enough.

That was probably the worst performance I have seen by an opposing team for a good while at Goodison. 

I don't doubt that our performance played a part in that, but they were making mistakes under no pressure. We wont play another team that play as bad as that for the rest of this season. 

I could only pick out 4 players that I would say did better than average. Coleman, Walcott, Davies and Niasse. That is 4 more than usual though! 😁

As for City Shukes, they are incredible. The level of confidence they have in themselves and each other is crazy. You can only beat them by going toe to toe and even then they could really spank you!

Don’t disagree about city.

four players above average is a good performance for any team out if the top four though. 

I just think we deserve more credit for last night. We created far more chances than they did. We didn’t get lucky with them hitting the woodwork.... those efforts were never going in. We did get unlucky with our effort off the line though, that was in target with the keeper beat. As bad as Leicester may have been... and I think that’s down to opinion, I have seen far worse... I think we deserved the win. 

If anything, they were lucky with the penalty. I always thought an off the ball foul was an indirect free kick. That’s black and white isn’t it?

1 hour ago, Shukes said:

four players above average is a good performance for any team out if the top four though. 

I just think we deserve more credit for last night. We created far more chances than they did. We didn’t get lucky with them hitting the woodwork.... those efforts were never going in. We did get unlucky with our effort off the line though, that was in target with the keeper beat. As bad as Leicester may have been... and I think that’s down to opinion, I have seen far worse... I think we deserved the win. 

If anything, they were lucky with the penalty. I always thought an off the ball foul was an indirect free kick. That’s black and white isn’t it?

I think 4 should be a minimum myself!

Stats say we had one more shot but one less good chance, which is more or less how I saw it. I thought they should have scored at least 1 early, then we should have scored 3 in the middle and then they should have scored 2 plus the penalty. They made a lot of errors in their own half, unusually so, maybe that was down to how we played but I don't think it was.

I only thought it was obstruction that was an indirect free kick but I'm not sure!

8 hours ago, Shukes said:

Psychic are we?

55 minutes ago, chicagoblue said:

Psychic are we?

No it’s an obvious fact, that’s why woodwork isn’t classed as on target.... because it’s not. You could have 11 players on one team playing against 0.... if you shoot and hit the word work, it’s still not going in. It’s only a goal if it goes between the posts.