IGNORED

Anthony Gordon

What a good lad he is.  He’s clearly fucked off with his team mates - without saying “I’m playing with a bunch of shithouses who don’t hurt the way I do” he is certainly painting that picture and letting us know that lampard is fully aware. 

“Captain Coleman” needs to look at this kid and realise that captaincy isn’t turning up to a post match interview and “being honest”…… we’ve seen how honest he is. In the same camp as DCL and Keane who have mastered the art of bullshitting.  

this lad out pressed everyone else, ran back more than anyone else, had bravery on the ball more than anyone else. 

he’s not just young player of the year - he is player of the year. 

It's easy to go overboard on young players, especially when they come from the academy but I don't think I could love Anthony Gordon more. He absolutely gets it and you can tell he'd die for the shirt - exactly what we need and exactly what, if we had, would see us at the opposite end of the table and out of this mess. 

If we do manage to retain our Premier League status, I'm desperate for us to have an absolutely massive clear-out, there's so much shite rotting in the wood at the club that needs to be removed. There's only a handful of players that I'd genuinely be fussed about keeping around.

7 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

he’s not just young player of the year - he is player of the year. 

Absolutely.

51 minutes ago, Zoo 2.0 said:

It's easy to go overboard on young players, especially when they come from the academy but I don't think I could love Anthony Gordon more. He absolutely gets it and you can tell he'd die for the shirt - exactly what we need and exactly what, if we had, would see us at the opposite end of the table and out of this mess. 

If we do manage to retain our Premier League status, I'm desperate for us to have an absolutely massive clear-out, there's so much shite rotting in the wood at the club that needs to be removed. There's only a handful of players that I'd genuinely be fussed about keeping around.

Absolutely.

He is the template as to what an Everton player needs to look like.  He is the catalyst for our home performances - the things he does gets the crowd to amplify….. as if to say to the rest of them “this is what you are supposed to do”

how did the players on the pitch not feel embarrassed the other night? Did they not see this kid look like the only man on the pitch? Did they not think “ffs I better get moving”

the only answer is they are thick as pig shit and believe they can con everyone. 

12 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

Feel sorry for this lad. He deserves to have played with a proper Everton side. 

This is absolutely no slight on the lad because he’s been fantastic….However….

I highly doubt he’d be playing so consistently in a proper Everton side. It says so much about where we are that he’s our best player. 

He’s an absolute gem by the way runs his arse off. 

37 minutes ago, MC11 said:

This is absolutely no slight on the lad because he’s been fantastic….However….

I highly doubt he’d be playing so consistently in a proper Everton side. It says so much about where we are that he’s our best player. 

He’s an absolute gem by the way runs his arse off. 

Maybe not but I think he would definitely be a part of the side over 90 minutes. 

Loved it today when one of their players went down like a sack of spuds (a very frequent occurrence) at a corner, suggesting he'd been a victim of GBH, he went over to him after he got up and gave him a massively ironic pat on the back for being so brave😂

Not a lot to smile about on show today but that made me laugh.

Gordon has clearly taken the clubs situation to heart and tries to do everything on the pitch himself. Maybe this wouldn’t have happened if the club was even coasting along in 13th. It’s accelerated his development. Perhaps a very small patch of silver lining…

• 3 weeks later...

Outstanding efforts from him yesterday, BUT while some will argue that we should have had a pen or two I think he really needs to cut down on the theatrics.  Yes sometimes he earns clever fouls forcing a challenge with a nice touch but he also looks to go down too easily and often.  Having both him and Richarlison hitting the deck at every opportunity no doubt puts the powers that be off of checking those VAR decisions even more than they normally do.

I know other players do it but Gordon is starting to look a bit ridiculous with some of his dramatics .  Richarlison on the other hand appears to believe he's taken a blow from Tyson Fury at least once in every match!

4 hours ago, FairWooney said:

Outstanding efforts from him yesterday, BUT while some will argue that we should have had a pen or two I think he really needs to cut down on the theatrics.  Yes sometimes he earns clever fouls forcing a challenge with a nice touch but he also looks to go down too easily and often.  Having both him and Richarlison hitting the deck at every opportunity no doubt puts the powers that be off of checking those VAR decisions even more than they normally do.

I know other players do it but Gordon is starting to look a bit ridiculous with some of his dramatics .  Richarlison on the other hand appears to believe he's taken a blow from Tyson Fury at least once in every match!

I think this is why the penalty wasn't given.

He keeps going down far too easily and whilst I think he was given a shove yesterday (on both occasions with Trent and Matip) he flings his legs up in the air and tries to make it look more of a foul than it actually was. It doesn't take much to put you off balance when you are running at that speed (not that I have ever run anywhere that quickly) but you don't go down like that if you do.

Personally I would like it if those type of fouls weren't given but you know if it was down the other end that it would have been given.