IGNORED

Anthony Gordon

The big difference will be that Richarlison would welcome a move to a top 4 club (even spurs probably!) but I think that Gordon is more likely to be happy to stay and improve at the club he loves, for now at least anyway.

Gordon isn't a guaranteed starter in a top club right now and I'd say some of his great performances last season might not have  been as good if he wasn't playing for Everton with a desperation to perform and keep his boyhood team up.  That at times went against him in that he'd try to do everything but it also brought the best out of him and I don't think you'd see that week in week out maybe at another club.

If I was Gordon I'd be looking to stay and improve at a team where he can play most weeks, has the backing of the fans and has his mates and family around him.

If he continues to improve and we as a team don't then sure take a bit move if it comes.

From Everton's side of it, they shouldn't be accepting anything other than a ridiculous offer, he might not be top level yet but could be and he has a real identity and passion for the club that the fans can empathise with, the kind of player that we want to see getting into and improving within the team.

When Gordon was linked with Bayern I'm pretty sure he made a direct quote saying that leaving Everton terrifies him and that he's planning on being here for a long time (potentially the duration of his career). I think in order to get him out of the door, he'll need to be forced and I just can't see that happening - and if it does, riots should commence. 

Richarlison will go, with my blessing but I'd be stunned if Anthony followed him.

9 minutes ago, Zoo 2.0 said:

When Gordon was linked with Bayern I'm pretty sure he made a direct quote saying that leaving Everton terrifies him and that he's planning on being here for a long time (potentially the duration of his career). I think in order to get him out of the door, he'll need to be forced and I just can't see that happening - and if it does, riots should commence. 

Richarlison will go, with my blessing but I'd be stunned if Anthony followed him.

I don't remember him saying he was terrified but he did say Everton is his club and he's a home bird.

4 hours ago, Wiggytop said:

And Richy at £50m, proven over 4 season in the PL, Brazil’s no 9 and he’s valued at £10m over Gordon who’s had 1 decent season and is still very much learning his trade, it’s a joke how Spurs operate.

Anyhow, I want both to stay end of.

He’s very young and he’s English. Of course there is a premium there.

3 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

Newcastle being linked with a move for him now.

I don't for a minute think anything will come of it but I fucking hate the people that run this club for making rumours like these have any sort of credence. The position they've put us in should mean that every blue wants them gone.

I hope you are right, but the way this club has been managed nothing surprises me with these twats. They’ve fucked us over so much you would like to think there can’t be much more they can destroy, yet I know they will find away to bring some more pain.  

4 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

Newcastle being linked with a move for him now.

I don't for a minute think anything will come of it but I fucking hate the people that run this club for making rumours like these have any sort of credence. The position they've put us in should mean that every blue wants them gone.

To be fair, this us the media circus trying to get hits on their websites. Can put the blame for many a thing on those running the club, but the media always do this shit 

2 hours ago, London Blue said:

Rubbish, it would alienate the fan base, Frank would probably resign and we would have to spend almost as much to get a replacement.

Even Moshiri would not do this.

He has alienated the fans before remember that Benitez feller. 

1 hour ago, London Blue said:

Rubbish, it would alienate the fan base, Frank would probably resign and we would have to spend almost as much to get a replacement.

Even Moshiri would not do this.

Unless Frank has a plan if an offer does come in for Gordon?

1 minute ago, Gwlad all over said:

Unless Frank has a plan if an offer does come in for Gordon?

Lots of folks tend to react emotionally to things like this without seeing the full picture. Let’s say we buy Dennis for 20m and sell Gordon for 40m. Does anyone really think Dennis + 20m isn’t a tremendous deal for someone like Gordon who, for his attributes, is a long way from being a finished product? 

14 minutes ago, Bailey said:

£40 mil for Gordon would be way too good to turn down IMO.

Really?

Young, talented, Evertonian, wanted by clubs at the top end of the league, all the reasons we should keep him.

If we sell then we buy a player without his potential (As someone with the same or more would be out of our price range) does anyone have a suggestion who we could get for £20 million to replace him?

The fans would be up in arms, which would damage the link between the club and the fans that has developed with such powerful effect over the last few months. Moshiri would lose any tolerance he has with the base, the place would become toxic, and who wants to come and play for a club like that, especially when we need to recruit so carefully. 

Is all that worth £40 million? 

52 minutes ago, SpartyBlue said:

Lots of folks tend to react emotionally to things like this without seeing the full picture. Let’s say we buy Dennis for 20m and sell Gordon for 40m. Does anyone really think Dennis + 20m isn’t a tremendous deal for someone like Gordon who, for his attributes, is a long way from being a finished product? 

But if we buy Dennis it’s to replace Richarlison. So we would still need to buy someone else. So as well as Dennis who else are we getting with the Richarlison and Gordon money? 

Each transfer carries risk, the more replacements we need to bring in the greater that risk is. 

42 minutes ago, Bailey said:

We just got £50m for Brazils starting number nine and one of our best players for the last few years. 
We aren’t getting £40m for Gordon. 

1 hour ago, Bailey said:

Have you not wondered why both spurs and Newcastle have been happy to bid a reputed £30m for him and that lampard is steadfast in his insistence that he is not be sold. 

“even if” he didn’t have his technical ability to carry the ball and dribble at pace, his athletic attributes and willingness to work at his game and rapid progress would see him valued at £30m. Look at his numbers for last season, he was one of the most productive wide players in the league.

yes his final ball was so often wanting but these things will improve. I anticipate a faster stronger player in pre season games. 

1 hour ago, StevO said:

We just got £50m for Brazils starting number nine and one of our best players for the last few years. 

We had to sell Richarlison by the 30th June, the need to sell him drove down the cost. Gordon has a higher ceiling than Richarlison, Richie was an amazing workhorse who was good in the air, ran hard and could chip in with goals. 

gordon has the ability to beat players, Richie wasn’t strong at that. Within a year I expect Gordon to be more filled out, stronger and have a physicality similar to bale at spurs. 

1 hour ago, London Blue said:

Really?

Young, talented, Evertonian, wanted by clubs at the top end of the league, all the reasons we should keep him.

If we sell then we buy a player without his potential (As someone with the same or more would be out of our price range) does anyone have a suggestion who we could get for £20 million to replace him?

The fans would be up in arms, which would damage the link between the club and the fans that has developed with such powerful effect over the last few months. Moshiri would lose any tolerance he has with the base, the place would become toxic, and who wants to come and play for a club like that, especially when we need to recruit so carefully. 

Is all that worth £40 million? 

Yep really. His worth to Everton football club is not £40m. There are plenty of players who have come into this league that cost far less than that. 

1 hour ago, StevO said:

Exactly.

3 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

Have you not wondered why both spurs and Newcastle have been happy to bid a reputed £30m for him and that lampard is steadfast in his insistence that he is not be sold. 

“even if” he didn’t have his technical ability to carry the ball and dribble at pace, his athletic attributes and willingness to work at his game and rapid progress would see him valued at £30m. Look at his numbers for last season, he was one of the most productive wide players in the league.

yes his final ball was so often wanting but these things will improve. I anticipate a faster stronger player in pre season games. 

I saw a player that far too regularly spurned really good opportunities. He is young and can develop etc so that isnt me saying he wont improve but he jsnt a £40m player right now. 

This next season will be a big test for him. Teams will know all about him now and he has to step up a level. He may or may not do that. I dont see him going anywhere but so I hope he does rise to the challenge.