IGNORED

Anthony Gordon

• 4 months later...
1 hour ago, Tony s said:

Is it just me who thinks Anthony Gordon is an awful player… in all the games i have seen him involved I cannot remember one bright spark🤷‍♂️Yet even after last night’s debacle hes getting rave reviews 🤦

I must admit I am surprised by the positive comments.

I do think he looked stronger last night and he was a bit better in that second half than I have seen of him before, but he still looked like a Championship player at this stage of his career. I also thought the QPR right back was crap, probably their worst player so he had the best match-up.

He could become a mid-range Premier League player in time but I do think it will take him a while and he is playing in a position that we now have a lot of depth in.

• 2 weeks later...
43 minutes ago, badaids said:

Just wanted to give a shout to Gordon. He was a bystander in the first 15 mins but grew in confidence and effect as the game went on. I hope he can kick on now, keep on running at them and get some better crosses in.

I'd like to see him get plenty of game time so we can properly assess whether he can be a player for us. 

agree thought he played well, always looked to make a run and run at them down the wing making them have to put a tackle in.  played a couple of good balls across from down the corner of the box and was always making himself available.

Chances will probably be tougher to come by once Richarlison is back but if he gets a bit more game time and keeps working and listening in training he'll keep improving.

I realised I missed young Anthony out of my match review, thought he did well in the 60mins before he went off, though was a bit concerned after first 10 mins, but as game went on he started looking like the player he was when he first came in (during one of the lockdowns??), where he seemed to be doing all the right things creating, was getting some chances but couldn't score, think was in a league cup game where he had maybe half dozen chances, hitting post/bar/keeper/defenders blocking with good efforts, I was willing him to grab a goal, and I think if he can get the lift that first goal will bring, I have hope he will flourish, and I'm still willing him to grab that first goal.

• 2 weeks later...

Not according to Rafa.

He has been commenting on its now up to him. Spoke a lot about how he needs to be working harder off the ball and in training.

I hope now he has the right voice in his head that he takes it in and grabs the opportunity now, as he definitely has the ability.

• 3 weeks later...

He's not looked out of place since he's been starting, and has had some really good moments. Looks more mature in the way he is playing. I feel he is a little bit worried of making a mistake and sometimes lacks taking the game to the opposition. I'd like to see him try to play with a little more freedom, but I'm very happy with his recent displays, love it when a blue breaks through the academy.