IGNORED

Moise Kean

I am about three quarters of the way through Ancelotti's book (I am guessing most have read it all ready - if not, its a really good read) after getting it as a Xmas present.  

Anyway, it pretty much lays out how much of a people person he is and how he demands 'professionalism' from his players. He is also quite clear that there is no room in his squad for players who don't want to be there. He in no way would try and force a square peg in to a round hole. I have no doubt that Moise Kean has little interest in playing for Everton FC, again. So I think a parting of the ways is pretty much inevitable.

I am amazed at how much game time he as had at PSG and how many goals he as scored. I couldn't understand the move at the time and I thought he would simply disappear in to obscurity and his value plummet - I don't mind putting my hands up and say I was so wide of the mark.

Although its frustrating seeing him do so well away from Everton, and likely we will most likely not see him again play for us, its great that his comparative market value is rising rather than falling. Give the plummet in the transfer market due to COVID just getting your money back on a player would feel like a profit!!. 

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, MikeO said:

"However, this season he has scored 14 times in Serie A, scoring five times and adding another four assists."

What?:dontknow:🧮

This is a guess.  Maybe they meant that for purposes of individual offensive production, a goal “counts” for 2 points, an assist for 1.  These “points” are not the same as a team’s 3 points for a win, 1 for a draw.

1 hour ago, Elston Gunnn said:

This is a guess.  Maybe they meant that for purposes of individual offensive production, a goal “counts” for 2 points, an assist for 1.  These “points” are not the same as a team’s 3 points for a win, 1 for a draw.

Aha, that adds up.

• 4 weeks later...
23 minutes ago, MikeO said:

If you're daft enough to appoint Ronald Koeman as manager it's to be expected I guess.

If it wasn't for Covid he would have been sacked by now. The Presidential Elections have been delayed due to the pandemic and as Barcelona only has a temporary board (as Bartomeu resigned early) they have no power to make structural changes at the club such as a change of manager. 

Victor Font (one of the two front-runners for the job) has publically stated that Koeman could "win the treble" and still be sacked should he get power, although admittedly did seem to back away from that statement in a future interview. 

I could spend hours on what is wrong at Barcelona, but Koeman is indeed a cog of the problem and is simply on borrowed time. Had he not been a club legend he would never be near the position, hence why he has done nothing to stop the rot. 

I still can't get over how well kean is doing PSG. Thought he would go there, struggle for game time and his value would plummet. Its great to be wrong. 

I think proceeds from the sale of Kean will be big part of this summer transfer budget. Shame the lad doesnt want to play for us really. 

1 hour ago, markjazzbassist said:

In koemans defense he is the first Barca manager in likely decades who was given little to no transfer budget.  He’s working with academy kids and previous regimes players.  The only player he got was sergino dest who is also a young player.  With that in mind I think he’s doing way better than expected.

I think he is pretentious, arrogant wanker who's playing career is the only reason he has landed any of his jobs. Him along with Steve Walsh did unbelievable amounts of damage to our club and brand. 

3 hours ago, Btay said:

I think he is pretentious, arrogant wanker who's playing career is the only reason he has landed any of his jobs. Him along with Steve Walsh did unbelievable amounts of damage to our club and brand. 

I agree, I’m only defending koeman because I feel he is an easy scapegoat at Barca right now.  The issues there in my opinion are not his fault.  Everything was ruined before he got there and then with covid their budget has massive debt now.  

2 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

Koeman was only ever going to be there for a season at most. He'll have known that going in (if he didn't then he's an idiot!).

He most definitely IS an idiot! Once sacked their he'll end up back managing a mid table team in NL, which to be fair IS his level of MMent, the ARRAGONT-LUL!

12 hours ago, markjazzbassist said:

In koemans defense he is the first Barca manager in likely decades who was given little to no transfer budget.  He’s working with academy kids and previous regimes players.  The only player he got was sergino dest who is also a young player.  With that in mind I think he’s doing way better than expected.

Which is exactly what Barcelona stands for and should be; Iniesta, Messi, Xavi, Valdes, Pique, Puyol, Roberto all came from La Masia (the academy) so that really isn't an excuse for Koeman, one of the main reasons Barcelona is in such a mess is because of late they've totally ignored their academy in the search for short term success.

45 minutes ago, Zoo 2.0 said:

Which is exactly what Barcelona stands for and should be; Iniesta, Messi, Xavi, Valdes, Pique, Puyol, Roberto all came from La Masia (the academy) so that really isn't an excuse for Koeman, one of the main reasons Barcelona is in such a mess is because of late they've totally ignored their academy in the search for short term success.

Yes but they are nowhere near that golden generation.  Look at United and their golden generation, they haven’t been able to produce players like that for decades.  My point simply was its fashionable to blame koeman, but if you look at the situation there, SAF could manage them and they’d still be in a similar situation. It’s the players not the manager.  Once they get the new president they will spend spend spend again and it’s off to the races 

21 minutes ago, Bailey said:

I find it a bit surreal that Kean is starting a Champions League game against Barcelona under Pochettino and he barely kicked a ball for us.

He's still contracted to three more seasons with us, wonder if he could be persuaded to stay if we can offer Europe, though at the same time no point in having a player who doesn't want to play for us.

2 minutes ago, MikeO said:

He's still contracted to three more seasons with us, wonder if her could be persuaded to stay if we can offer Europe, though at the same time no point in having a player who doesn't want to play for us.

I don't see it myself. Like you say, if he doesn't want to be here then he will force a move one way or another.

2 minutes ago, Zoo 2.0 said:

He really lacked confidence, I think at the start he was lucky to be in a poor league surrounded by the likes of Mbappe and Neymar. 

There was always a player in there IMO, and I think him being able to score goals and get his confidence back has in turn brought him back to the player we thought he would be - capable of scoring at the Camp Nou. 

I don't see him coming back (as I don't think he wants to) but his form is great news for us as it bumps the price up. If Juventus and PSG want to fight over him then happy days.

I agree there was definitely a player, just look back to the Bournemouth game. He was the best player in a blue shirt by a country mile. I just think his expectations of coming to the club and the reality of it were very different things. If he had signed from a smaller club it might have been different because he has shown that he is up to the challenge of proving himself.

The only problem with the fee is that if they know he doesn't want to come back here then it will cap his value. I can't see the PSG fans demanding his signature given the other talent they could attract. At the same time if they lose Mbappe / Neymar then at least they will need some continuity and they will have lots of dosh to throw around!

3 hours ago, Zoo 2.0 said:

Shooting themselves in the foot letting Suarez go to a direct rival hasn't helped either.

On Kean, he was no where near ready for the prem.