IGNORED

Alex Iwobi

• 2 weeks later...
Just now, dunlopp9987 said:

Plus he's starting to pitch in with goals and assists, which is exactly what Frank was pushing him to add to his game. Great to see.

It always used to be that Iwobi played like a drain but his team mates gushed about his performances in training.ย 

I don't know what Frank has done or said to get him bringing that into the match, but it's to his credit too. But the most massive chops to Wobes - he's already looking like our player of the season.

9 minutes ago, plaidharper said:

Was able to get more central today even though he has been deployed as a RCM in the last three games.ย  Think difference today compared to the last two was Gordon did more defense work today which freed Iwobi to roam a little more.

ย 

Your spot on he played more central instead of more on the right, just proof required to those who wanted to drop Coleman and put him at RWB.ย 

17 hours ago, Hafnia said:

Itโ€™s amazing isnโ€™t it. Players play shit and get pelters, play good and they get praise. ย 

I would say the issue comes when someone has played mostly very well for many many games and then gets hammered for one or two weaker performances, particularly when they come against better sides. At this point I think Iwobi has earned the benefit of the doubt.ย 

7 hours ago, SpartyBlue said:

I would say the issue comes when someone has played mostly very well for many many games and then gets hammered for one or two weaker performances, particularly when they come against better sides. At this point I think Iwobi has earned the benefit of the doubt.ย 

Iwobi has loads of credit in the bank. ย Itโ€™s the first time heโ€™s ever had a run in centre midfield and heโ€™s been superb.ย 
ย 

other players as we have seen before have dips that are attitude based, that to me is unacceptable. Fans get incensed by Tom Davies, Iโ€™m not a fan but there are far bigger culprits than him, talented players who just sometimes donโ€™t fancy it.ย 

5 hours ago, Hafnia said:

Iwobi has loads of credit in the bank. ย Itโ€™s the first time heโ€™s ever had a run in centre midfield and heโ€™s been superb.ย 
ย 

other players as we have seen before have dips that are attitude based, that to me is unacceptable. Fans get incensed by Tom Davies, Iโ€™m not a fan but there are far bigger culprits than him, talented players who just sometimes donโ€™t fancy it.ย 

Yeah. Iโ€™ve never got the impression, even previously, that Iwobi couldnโ€™t be bothered. Out of position, lacking confidence etc.. but for me he was always trying . The desire was there. Credit to him for sticking with it. If he can give us this level for the next 2,3,4 years he will be quite a cult favorite (or just a favorite) given his circuitous route to success.

1 hour ago, SpartyBlue said:

Yeah. Iโ€™ve never got the impression, even previously, that Iwobi couldnโ€™t be bothered. Out of position, lacking confidence etc.. but for me he was always trying . The desire was there. Credit to him for sticking with it. If he can give us this level for the next 2,3,4 years he will be quite a cult favorite (or just a favorite) given his circuitous route to success.

His breakthrough game was Newcastle at home last year, Coleman fair play let him know it was a performance. From there heโ€™s not looked back.ย 

6 hours ago, Hafnia said:

His breakthrough game was Newcastle at home last year, Coleman fair play let him know it was a performance. From there heโ€™s not looked back.ย 

West Ham at home when he first played centrally. I said from the start he needed play centrally in a midfield 3 but his versatility is incredible. Heโ€™s done a good job over 3 maybe 4 positions from the last half of the season or so.

Fair play to Lampard as well. He spotted Iwobi working his socks off in training and gave him a chance, thatโ€™s exactly how it should be. The media are so quick to sack him but I think we all see the potential in what we have here with Frank.

2 hours ago, AlbanyNYToffee said:

Incredible thing to me is the team have 11 goals. Iwobi has assisted 5 of them. City have 36 so from my very biased :)ย perspective Iwobi's achievement is nearly 2x as impressive as KDB's 9 assists.ย 

KDB 9/36
Iwobi 5/11
Bernardo 5/36
Andreas 4/22
Saka 4/25
Vardy 4/21
ย 

Amazing.ย 

Plus Iwobi has also scored one on the 11.ย