IGNORED

James Rodríguez

7 hours ago, Bailey said:

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/james-rodriguez-lionel-messi-everton-21243669

More comments from James that seem a bit like he isn't too bothered about being here and in the same way that the club don't seem to be doing all they can to keep him either.

I think of you wanted to you could take those comments as positive or negative. He’s not saying anything we don’t know really. 

Right now he’s an Everton player, I hope he starts next Saturday. After that I’ll have seen him in the flesh, I’ll be a bit less upset if he went after that but I’d be much happier watching him at Goodison Park all season (when he’s fit, before the haters start hating).

Thing is it’s probably been a pretty humbling summer for James. First with Columbia snubbing him and now he may have thought the interest in him would be higher and could be a bit disappointed. 

So either he comes out firing to prove a point or he packs it in really. His comments seem to suggest the first which hopefully is only a good thing for us.

9 minutes ago, Btay said:

Thing is it’s probably been a pretty humbling summer for James. First with Columbia snubbing him and now he may have thought the interest in him would be higher and could be a bit disappointed. 

So either he comes out firing to prove a point or he packs it in really. His comments seem to suggest the first which hopefully is only a good thing for us.

This, he is here, none of the big teams have come in for him, he has a point to prove, to everyone, maybe even himself. This could motivate him to have a blinder for us.

If he does then maybe he can earn a move to a Champs League club next year.

2 hours ago, StevO said:

I think of you wanted to you could take those comments as positive or negative. He’s not saying anything we don’t know really. 

Right now he’s an Everton player, I hope he starts next Saturday. After that I’ll have seen him in the flesh, I’ll be a bit less upset if he went after that but I’d be much happier watching him at Goodison Park all season (when he’s fit, before the haters start hating).

I think you would have to be overly optimistic look at them positively. He is basically saying, I don't know what is happening and he doesn't rule out either staying or going. That isn't me saying James wants to leave, he doesn't give a shit etc, it is more of a case that the club don't appear to have made him feel as though he is wanted for whatever reason and that is probably as much as anything to do with his "we will see" comments. 

Contrast that to the comments more recently made by Allan for example. He knows he is wanted and he clearly wants to be a part of our future. He isn't sitting on the fence. 

@Btay is right though, he has a point to prove to everyone at the moment. There doesn't appear to be that much interest, at least at the prices, so hopefully he comes out firing to show everyone how good he is just like he did at the start of last season.

Next year is a World Cup year and if he wants to play his way back into Colombia's team then half-arsing it through this season simply isn't an option. It's reason #287 to keep him. Being snubbed by his national team clearly upset him. Having a barn-stormer of a season for Everton will see him back in his national team. Said it before and I'll say it again, we'll be mad if we let him leave. 

11 hours ago, Bailey said:

I think you would have to be overly optimistic look at them positively. He is basically saying, I don't know what is happening and he doesn't rule out either staying or going. That isn't me saying James wants to leave, he doesn't give a shit etc, it is more of a case that the club don't appear to have made him feel as though he is wanted for whatever reason and that is probably as much as anything to do with his "we will see" comments. 

Contrast that to the comments more recently made by Allan for example. He knows he is wanted and he clearly wants to be a part of our future. He isn't sitting on the fence. 

@Btay is right though, he has a point to prove to everyone at the moment. There doesn't appear to be that much interest, at least at the prices, so hopefully he comes out firing to show everyone how good he is just like he did at the start of last season.

Well you would think that, you’ve chosen to look at them negatively 😂miserable bastard. 

I agree with you though. 

2 minutes ago, Isaiah said:

He said he would like to play there again "one day". A handful of media outlets have spun this as him wanting away. 

Reason #298 for us to keep him is to continue the media's collective outrage that James Rodriguez plays for Everton. I lap up their tears like Eric Cartman. 

How many times do we see a journo ask a loaded question to our players…. And our fans buy it time and time again. 

Ask me if I would like to get paid millions one day to play for a CL team. If I say no I would t want to play CL football….. my manager would probably bench me for not being ambitious and believing in myself.

11 hours ago, Bailey said:

A bit more on it here:

If you click on the tweet it should give you the option to translate, but it says James doesn't think he will play Saturday and that he has trained away from the group for 3 days. 

I have no idea how reliable it is.

That face is exactly how I feel reading anything Everton squad related. 

Problem with football these days is that footballing talent is not the top requirement and it doesn't guarantee a place in the team.  Managers are looking for more than that, fight, guts, determination and the will to run yourself into the ground. That's why there's more players without the talent of James who will get in the team ahead of him.

I,m certain that Rafa knew all there was to know about James before he took the job and had him marked down as one to go.

3 hours ago, Palfy said:

I personally think he’s in a bad place at the moment, binned by his national team Ancelotti leaving Benitez not wanting him and as far as we know no one coming in for him. 

Absolute joke if the owners hired a manager who doesn't make him feel wanted, well even worse in what is speculated at the moment. Rather have an empty wallet an a world class player than a billionaire and Rafa.