IGNORED

Crystal Palace (Home) Monday 5 April

markjazzbassist

Our biggest problem is desire. We don’t have many players that have that desire to win their individual battles. 

Godfrey will fight anyone for the ball. Do we have anyone else?

Look at City. Up front they have Jesus who will fight anyone, all over the pitch they have these winners. Most teams have a few. 

That's on DCL and Richarlison, more than enough chances to put the game to bed and they fucked up every single one of them. If Barcelona want to spend £100m on the latter I'll drive him to Catalunya myself, when you can't do it against Crystal Palace you ain't doing it in Europe. 

This result has pissed me off more than any other this season I think. It should, easily have been about 5 or 6-1 but instead we've dropped two points. Like I said, it's on the strikers and I live in the hope that Carlo tears them a new one after the final whistle. 

Can't really be arsed going into detail about much more. Should Olsen have done better? Yes, but the game should have been put to bed at that point. This is one of them nights where the players are lucky that we're behind closed doors, Goodison would not put up with that. 

3 minutes ago, badaids said:

Fucking piss flaps performance from the Richi and DCL.

Michael Keane was just as bad. Palace's best attacker today, Richi their best defender. 

Piss poor second half from Ancelotti as well. Taking Coleman off leaving Keane on, then inviting the pressure by taking James off. Piss take leaving Richarlison on as well.

To many just happy to go through the paces, no one wants to take responsibility.

No European football next year will be a good thing, we need to buy well in the summer and improve the squad.

Our forwards are not up to the standard required, missing easy one on ones, not just tonight.

There is no one in midfield who picks us up, and drives us on, no leaders, and no pride.

I know we were missing 2 players with bite, but even that has not been enough this season.

Carlo has a lot of work to do, and i for one am prepared to wait, and trust him to sort it out. 

1 minute ago, Zoo 2.0 said:

Like I said, it's on the strikers and I live in the hope that Carlo tears them a new one after the final whistle. 

I hope he now realises he needs to find a better finisher than DCL, don’t sell Kean bring him back he surely can’t be worse than what we’ve got. 

If you look at the teams above us, they all have a far superior goal difference (even West Ham!).  Not surprising when you see the chances we missed tonight.  Break the bank and buy Aguero, we need someone who knows where the net is. Aguero would have had a hat-trick tonight.

2 minutes ago, Matt said:

Win our game in hand and we’re 5th. I know we all like to think it’s the end of the season and call relegation when we drop points but the table doesn’t lie. 

Absolutely got to stop dropping these points, but I’m not writing anything off yet. 

optimists unite!  same matt, i think we are still in the mix for Europa, just hope for a positive reaction at brighton

1 minute ago, johnh said:

If you look at the teams above us, they all have a far superior goal difference (even West Ham!).  Not surprising when you see the chances we missed tonight.  Break the bank and buy Aguero, we need someone who knows where the net is. Aguero would have had a hat-trick tonight.

Tonight has been one of the only occasions where we’ve missed clear chances all season - I think we’re statistically the most clinical team in the league based on the xG data. I agree, finishing was poor tonight, but it’s not been a season-long trend.

9 minutes ago, Matt said:

Win our game in hand and we’re 5th. I know we all like to think it’s the end of the season and call relegation when we drop points but the table doesn’t lie. 

Absolutely got to stop dropping these points, but I’m not writing anything off yet. 

Exactly.

Our strikers have gone from top six players, to not good enough. Don’t get me wrong, tonight was poor finishing. 
But Richie got himself into position to have about five chances tonight. Any other night he gets two of those.

But in typical Everton fashion, we write them off.

7 minutes ago, c1982 said:

Tonight has been one of the only occasions where we’ve missed clear chances all season - I think we’re statistically the most clinical team in the league based on the xG data. I agree, finishing was poor tonight, but it’s not been a season-long trend.

Exactly. 
We tend to hear more from some fans when we play badly haha.

Our problem is the same problem we’ve had for years - we can’t control games as we don’t have the central midfield players to do so. It’s slightly different this season as we actually have those players in Doucoure and Allan with James but can we get them all on the pitch together at the same time? Nope! Davies, Gylfi and Gomes have all done well in patches but they weren’t good enough last season and they’re not good enough still... we still need to address centre mid option desperately as we basically get overrun by every other team without our key midfielders playing.

Disappointed is an understatement, why do we get a goal lead and sit back on it, we have a great manager and some good players to go and and win by a few goals, I guess if two of the chances we missed had been a few inches either side it would have been at least 3.

8 minutes ago, c1982 said:

Our problem is the same problem we’ve had for years - we can’t control games as we don’t have the central midfield players to do so. It’s slightly different this season as we actually have those players in Doucoure and Allan with James but can we get them all on the pitch together at the same time? Nope! Davies, Gylfi and Gomes have all done well in patches but they weren’t good enough last season and they’re not good enough still... we still need to address centre mid option desperately as we basically get overrun by every other team without our key midfielders playing.

Tonight’s result wasn’t because of a poor midfield it was because of poor finishing, and trying to defend a one goal lead with 20 minutes to play, the hardest opportunity was finished by James one opportunity and taken and that’s difference between quality and just good.