IGNORED

Brighton (Away) Monday 12 April

markjazzbassist

Not sure why everyone’s complaining, we’ve held Brighton to a 0-0.... that’s a result for our level. That’s the most we deserved for the last six or seven matches.

Its showing just how important that run at the start of the season was. Since then We’ve been bottom eight as far as performance goes. 

enjoying this about 1% more than when Sam was in charge.

3 minutes ago, Shukes said:

Not sure why everyone’s complaining, we’ve held Brighton to a 0-0.... that’s a result for our level. That’s the most we deserved for the last six or seven matches.

Its showing just how important that run at the start of the season was. Since then We’ve been bottom eight as far as performance goes. 

enjoying this about 1% more than when Sam was in charge.

Have you heard 1 comment this season about Everton playing good football under Carlo??

4 minutes ago, milesey05 said:

Have you heard 1 comment this season about Everton playing good football under Carlo??

On 13/09/2020 at 19:49, milesey05 said:

Was excited when I saw the starting 11. 
Probably the best I have seen for a few years.

Gutted my James new shirts didn’t arrive in time for myself and nipper ( bloody Hermes).

Solid performance away from home.

Happy Blue from down south.

That was embarrasing. I get that injuries dont make things easy but that was turgid. No intent or plan of how to win that game. 

I will focus on the positives that I can find and that was Godfrey and to a large extent Holgate as well. Dont get me wrong, Holgate looked like a defender playing in midfield, but at least he looked like he had played football before (Im looking at Davies here). Some big last ditch tackles and blocks from Godfrey. He really impressed me. 

Hopefully we have a few more fit for Friday. 

That team may have been missing a few players, but it was far superior to the Brighton side, so no excuses about missing players.

The one thing i can not accept from this side all season, is there pathetic work rate and attitude.

No matter what side we put out, the least is has to have is a good work ethic, and pride in the shirt, i have seen very little all season, if was not Carlo in charge, and it was one of our last 3 or 4 managers, we would be calling for his head.

Everyone on here including myself has called for time, and transfer windows for him to get players in.

But i am greatly concerned in the time he has been with us, the team work rate, and pride has not improved at all.

When you look at the sides we have lost to Burnley, Fulham, Newcastle, etc,etc, some one said we did ok tonight because we had a few players missing, it was Brighton for gods sake.

All the games we have lost, is simply because the other sides worked harder than us, that is unforgiveable.

I hate to say it but Everton are boring me to death, with there indifference to the cause.

9 hours ago, Hafnia said:

Took 1 minute.... Just go to any one of the first few match threads when Carlo had his fully fit 11. 

I am with you on this Haf. Beyond our first 12-13 players we do lack quality in the squad. Injuries to key player have contributed massively this season. Allan, Doucoure and James playing together at the begining of the season looked as if a magic wand had been waved over the team - i was so excited thinking how well they would do second half of the season once they had played and trained together for a few months. We have not seen the three of them play together since being top of the league. Its also been pretty rear to see two of them on the pitch together.

I am not suprised how we played last night with a midfeild made up of defenders and Davies. 

9 hours ago, Hafnia said:

Well done Haf! You found a post where i quoted solid performance and being happy. 

Maybe next time read my question " playing good football "?

Solid performance? resolute at the back! controlled in midfield whilst taking chances up front.

Spurs away was probably one of the best performances of the season.

Moving on.

West Brom- beat a side who had 10 men for over 45 mins

Palace- VAR pen which wouldn't be given now.

Brighton- Good win but Brighton at home.

Derby- VAR again saved the day- Pickford lucky to be on the pitch.

Then shit shows against Saints and Newcastle!

In between these we played some good football with a 2nd string team in the cup against  lower league teams.

Going back to solid performances.

Leicester, leeds, Wolves, Sheff U, Liverpool away.

Chelsea, Arsenal home

Dogged fortunate wins!

West Brom away Fulham away ( battered us 2nd half ) Saints home.

Not going into our dreadful home defeats!!!

I'm still over the moon to have Carlo as a manager as we wouldn't have the players in if it wasn't for him. I'm happy with every single signing. I understand he needs time and money to build his own team and we are 6-7 players away from being his team.

This aside, i still haven't been convinced with our style of football this season! Last night playing 6 defenders fucking shocked me! No confidence what so ever with our academy lads. 

This is a site for voicing opinions and no one will change my mind. 

" We do not play good football under Carlo" .........YET!

21 minutes ago, milesey05 said:

Well done Haf! You found a post where i quoted solid performance and being happy. 

Maybe next time read my question " playing good football "?

Solid performance? resolute at the back! controlled in midfield whilst taking chances up front.

Spurs away was probably one of the best performances of the season.

Moving on.

West Brom- beat a side who had 10 men for over 45 mins

Palace- VAR pen which wouldn't be given now.

Brighton- Good win but Brighton at home.

Derby- VAR again saved the day- Pickford lucky to be on the pitch.

Then shit shows against Saints and Newcastle!

In between these we played some good football with a 2nd string team in the cup against  lower league teams.

Going back to solid performances.

Leicester, leeds, Wolves, Sheff U, Liverpool away.

Chelsea, Arsenal home

Dogged fortunate wins!

West Brom away Fulham away ( battered us 2nd half ) Saints home.

Not going into our dreadful home defeats!!!

I'm still over the moon to have Carlo as a manager as we wouldn't have the players in if it wasn't for him. I'm happy with every single signing. I understand he needs time and money to build his own team and we are 6-7 players away from being his team.

This aside, i still haven't been convinced with our style of football this season! Last night playing 6 defenders fucking shocked me! No confidence what so ever with our academy lads. 

This is a site for voicing opinions and no one will change my mind. 

" We do not play good football under Carlo" .........YET!

"Probably best I've seen"

Was a quote you said on that post.  I'm not sure you were referring to the kit.

At the start of the season he had us playing expansive football and we were scoring lots of goals.  A couple of injuries identified the weakness in the squad and the reality that the team that had us hovering above relegation was still there aside from his new signings... Since then we seen him adopt a pragmatic approach.

Im not happy with this - far from it but do I think Ancellotti is a man to get the best out of average players? - no. 

If it was 2007 and Kenwright was telling Carlo to go to Man City with a begging bowl to see if they could loan us an expensive misfit or that he had to sell 2 key players to buy 4 then I would be looking for a different manager. 

Ancellotti manages and buys players who can play the way he likes his team's to play - he will be bringing players in to get us playing good football. 

1 minute ago, Hafnia said:

"Probably best I've seen"

Was a quote you said on that post.  I'm not sure you were referring to the kit.

At the start of the season he had us playing expansive football and we were scoring lots of goals.  A couple of injuries identified the weakness in the squad and the reality that the team that had us hovering above relegation was still there aside from his new signings... Since then we seen him adopt a pragmatic approach.

Im not happy with this - far from it but do I think Ancellotti is a man to get the best out of average players? - no. 

If it was 2007 and Kenwright was telling Carlo to go to Man City with a begging bowl to see if they could loan us an expensive misfit or that he had to sell 2 key players to buy 4 then I would be looking for a different manager. 

Ancellotti manages and buys players who can play the way he likes his team's to play - he will be bringing players in to get us playing good football. 

Agree- I know he will be bringing in better players and then hopefully we will see his team, playing good football.

Agree- Carlo does get the best out of Joe average- unfortunately Joe average can't sustain the level needed week in week out. 

Best i've seen? referring to starting XI. On paper it's pretty close to being the best in years.

I know we have a very weak squad, but if you look at some our defeats we still had the far superior players playing that should win a match. 

We have scored some good goals this season, mainly from a moment of brilliance from James or another individual. I see we are up there from set pieces too. 

I'm looking forward to a hopefully busy summer transfer market from us. 

2 hours ago, Bailey said:

I think this game did prove that Ancellotti knows nothing about football... We have a world class defensive midfielder in our ranks and yet he plays Mason Holgate in that position ahead of him. #Ancellottiout

;)

You mean the centre half who was signed only to be played as a centre half who actually looked great in a  few positions? 

Desperately clinging on to the notion that you can't sign a centre half and for him to be class elsewhere. .... It's ok Bailey - you just need to accept that till the day Carlo appoints you to work alongside him.... You are just a forum pundit like our humble selves.   🙂

On 13/04/2021 at 16:31, Hafnia said:

You mean the centre half who was signed only to be played as a centre half who actually looked great in a  few positions? 

Desperately clinging on to the notion that you can't sign a centre half and for him to be class elsewhere. .... It's ok Bailey - you just need to accept that till the day Carlo appoints you to work alongside him.... You are just a forum pundit like our humble selves.   🙂

🎣🎣🎣