IGNORED

Vitaliy Mykolenko

9 minutes ago, RuffRob said:

I believe he is rapid and will run all day and very good going forward - might be lacking defensively though especially with a jump up to Prem level. A good age.

Digne isn’t good enough because he’s not good defensively so signing his replacement that can’t defend doesn’t make much sense. 

2 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

Digne isn’t good enough because he’s not good defensively so signing his replacement that can’t defend doesn’t make much sense. 

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/vitaliy-mykolenko-wiki-manchester-united-18899093

write up from last year, its as much I have read about him. 

42 minutes ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

If true, I hope that means they've already sorted a buyer for Digne.

Otherwise, spending that much on a position that I wouldn't even put in my top 5 most-needed areas, is a bit asinine.

1 hour ago, dunlopp9987 said:

Otherwise, spending that much on a position that I wouldn't even put in my top 5 most-needed areas, is a bit asinine.

Media reporting Chelsea want him on loan in January with a view to a summer move for a little over £20m.

2 hours ago, dunlopp9987 said:

I’d rather we had both tbh, no idea what asinine is but only having one LB at the club was bad enough but it’s even worse if that one LB has never played I. Any of the top leagues never mind the Prem

7 minutes ago, MikeO said:

I rarely read this section of the site so forgive me if it's already been explained but how can we sign him before the window opens?:huh:

5 minutes ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

I think you can complete the deals whenever you like but just can’t register the player until the window is open

Correct :).

• MikeO changed the title to Vitaliy Mykolenko
49 minutes ago, AlbanyNYToffee said:

Literally the only source (fabrizio romano) I trust before an offical club announcement says it's on. Welcome to the club Vitaliy. Now we just need a RB, CB, CM and W capable of starting and depth at DM, CM, W, ST. Gosh we're a mess. 

Tbf, he also said we were signing Aarons last summer. I trusted him completely until that :lol:.

£17.9 million is an insane amount for a player in a position that is covered, from a relative footballing backwater. Plus, there aren’t too many players from they part of the world with a record of settling well.

I hope he’ll come and slot right in, but I don’t feel optimistic. 

Also, I assume they Digne is off then. That amount of dough for a reserve makes no sense at all. And can he play right back?

21 minutes ago, badaids said:

£17.9 million is an insane amount for a player in a position that is covered, from a relative footballing backwater. Plus, there aren’t too many players from they part of the world with a record of settling well.

I hope he’ll come and slot right in, but I don’t feel optimistic. 

Also, I assume they Digne is off then. That amount of dough for a reserve makes no sense at all. And can he play right back?

This. I'm just baffled by the decision. Sure, some more cover or a LB for the future is certainly something I'm interested in, but we have so many other areas that I'd rather us spend £18m on. 

Baffling.

I'm just holding out that this is some elaborate plan to move Digne to left wing as opposed to left back, his attacking talent is there for all to see and backed up with stats, it's the defensive part of his game where questions are asked. 

Given how the last few weeks have planned out though I think he's off. Everyone is saying Chelsea but they have Chilwell? Perhaps a move to City so that they can move João Cancelo back to right-back? Who knows. Could even be Newcastle come to think of it.

Selling Digne at his current age/value is probably a must in all honesty. He’s one of our high earners too. Although £20m or whatever is the eventual price for this new lad, he’ll be on a fraction of Digne’s wage - we probably can’t afford not to sell Digne when all is considered. Same goes for Mina unfortunately - less so for Richarlison and Dom due to their age but we need to improve on and off the pitch to break this cycle.

The amount of positions needed to be strengthened in the squad could only mean Digne is on his way.

To add to that I would imagine it's more the player forcing a move than anything else, considering the above.

It's a shame because Digne is one of our best players and replacing him will be a risk. If it doesn't work out and this new boy (presuming we are getting him) isnt up to scratch, our whole defence is even more of a mess.

3 hours ago, Zoo 2.0 said:

I'm just holding out that this is some elaborate plan to move Digne to left wing as opposed to left back, his attacking talent is there for all to see and backed up with stats, it's the defensive part of his game where questions are asked. 

Given how the last few weeks have planned out though I think he's off. Everyone is saying Chelsea but they have Chilwell? Perhaps a move to City so that they can move João Cancelo back to right-back? Who knows. Could even be Newcastle come to think of it.

I get the attraction of that but Digne is mostly effective on the overlap - he hasn’t got the pace to beat a man and whip a ball in. We just don’t utilise his talents.