Jump to content

Vitaliy Mykolenko


Recommended Posts

9 minutes ago, RuffRob said:

I believe he is rapid and will run all day and very good going forward - might be lacking defensively though especially with a jump up to Prem level. A good age.

Digne isn’t good enough because he’s not good defensively so signing his replacement that can’t defend doesn’t make much sense. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

Digne isn’t good enough because he’s not good defensively so signing his replacement that can’t defend doesn’t make much sense. 

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/vitaliy-mykolenko-wiki-manchester-united-18899093

write up from last year, its as much I have read about him. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

42 minutes ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

If true, I hope that means they've already sorted a buyer for Digne.

Otherwise, spending that much on a position that I wouldn't even put in my top 5 most-needed areas, is a bit asinine.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, dunlopp9987 said:

If true, I hope that means they've already sorted a buyer for Digne.

Otherwise, spending that much on a position that I wouldn't even put in my top 5 most-needed areas, is a bit asinine.

Media reporting Chelsea want him on loan in January with a view to a summer move for a little over £20m.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, dunlopp9987 said:

If true, I hope that means they've already sorted a buyer for Digne.

Otherwise, spending that much on a position that I wouldn't even put in my top 5 most-needed areas, is a bit asinine.

I’d rather we had both tbh, no idea what asinine is but only having one LB at the club was bad enough but it’s even worse if that one LB has never played I. Any of the top leagues never mind the Prem

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, MikeO said:

I rarely read this section of the site so forgive me if it's already been explained but how can we sign him before the window opens?:huh:

 

5 minutes ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

I think you can complete the deals whenever you like but just can’t register the player until the window is open

Correct :).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • MikeO changed the title to Vitaliy Mykolenko
49 minutes ago, AlbanyNYToffee said:

Literally the only source (fabrizio romano) I trust before an offical club announcement says it's on. Welcome to the club Vitaliy. Now we just need a RB, CB, CM and W capable of starting and depth at DM, CM, W, ST. Gosh we're a mess. 

Tbf, he also said we were signing Aarons last summer. I trusted him completely until that :lol:.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

£17.9 million is an insane amount for a player in a position that is covered, from a relative footballing backwater. Plus, there aren’t too many players from they part of the world with a record of settling well.

I hope he’ll come and slot right in, but I don’t feel optimistic. 

Also, I assume they Digne is off then. That amount of dough for a reserve makes no sense at all. And can he play right back?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, badaids said:

£17.9 million is an insane amount for a player in a position that is covered, from a relative footballing backwater. Plus, there aren’t too many players from they part of the world with a record of settling well.

I hope he’ll come and slot right in, but I don’t feel optimistic. 

Also, I assume they Digne is off then. That amount of dough for a reserve makes no sense at all. And can he play right back?

This. I'm just baffled by the decision. Sure, some more cover or a LB for the future is certainly something I'm interested in, but we have so many other areas that I'd rather us spend £18m on. 

Baffling.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm just holding out that this is some elaborate plan to move Digne to left wing as opposed to left back, his attacking talent is there for all to see and backed up with stats, it's the defensive part of his game where questions are asked. 

Given how the last few weeks have planned out though I think he's off. Everyone is saying Chelsea but they have Chilwell? Perhaps a move to City so that they can move João Cancelo back to right-back? Who knows. Could even be Newcastle come to think of it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Selling Digne at his current age/value is probably a must in all honesty. He’s one of our high earners too. Although £20m or whatever is the eventual price for this new lad, he’ll be on a fraction of Digne’s wage - we probably can’t afford not to sell Digne when all is considered. Same goes for Mina unfortunately - less so for Richarlison and Dom due to their age but we need to improve on and off the pitch to break this cycle.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The amount of positions needed to be strengthened in the squad could only mean Digne is on his way.

To add to that I would imagine it's more the player forcing a move than anything else, considering the above.

It's a shame because Digne is one of our best players and replacing him will be a risk. If it doesn't work out and this new boy (presuming we are getting him) isnt up to scratch, our whole defence is even more of a mess.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Zoo 2.0 said:

I'm just holding out that this is some elaborate plan to move Digne to left wing as opposed to left back, his attacking talent is there for all to see and backed up with stats, it's the defensive part of his game where questions are asked. 

Given how the last few weeks have planned out though I think he's off. Everyone is saying Chelsea but they have Chilwell? Perhaps a move to City so that they can move João Cancelo back to right-back? Who knows. Could even be Newcastle come to think of it.

I get the attraction of that but Digne is mostly effective on the overlap - he hasn’t got the pace to beat a man and whip a ball in. We just don’t utilise his talents.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

sounds like he is coming - I am a bit sceptical we are paying the money quoted though. 

Sounds very much like Digne will move on - I have mixed feelings, he has been a great player, but I think his numbers have been so good because the team has played very much to his strengths in the past - because we have been poor elsewhere offensively. This year his numbers have not been so great but we have to remember Grey has been take on a much more of the offensive burden on the left, and Doucoure has had a bit more freedom to get forward rather than cover for attaching full backs. Grey and Doucoure have been stand out performers this season. We do have to consider this.

It's easy to jump on the headline that Digne is offensively less effective so far this season, but this has to a degree been balanced by good performances by others. Now this is by no mean perfect, but as a LB Digne must realise we need as a teams to develop from more than just a offensive LB being our default attacking outlet. I am a little disappointed that he seems to have thrown his toys out of the pram because our default offensive approach is not currently focused on him. I am sure if he bided his time and the squad improves to where we could retain the ball better in possession (which is key)- Digne would them be encouraged again to get forward a little more.

I do think it would take a period of time for this young lad to bed in in a new country, club and league. So Digne out and this lad in as an immediate swap is far from ideal. I expect to see Godfrey out left for much of this season if this was happening. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, RuffRob said:

I am a little disappointed that he seems to have thrown his toys out of the pram because our default offensive approach is not currently focused on him. I am sure if he bided his time and the squad improves to where we could retain the ball better in possession (which is key)- Digne would them be encouraged again to get forward a little more.

Are we sure this is what happened though? It seems like all we know is that Rafa has dropped him all together. Not a good sign obviously, but it feels like Rafa has thrown his toys out of the pram here.

I just find it really hard to believe that after all these years being here that Digne is suddenly an outcast. I don’t know what happened one way or the other. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

32 minutes ago, Sibdane said:

Are we sure this is what happened though? It seems like all we know is that Rafa has dropped him all together. Not a good sign obviously, but it feels like Rafa has thrown his toys out of the pram here.

I just find it really hard to believe that after all these years being here that Digne is suddenly an outcast. I don’t know what happened one way or the other. 

nobody is 100% sure what is happening - that why I said 'seems to' rather than 'has'. But player have to give a new manager a chance as much as fans, even if it means a bit of self sacrifice or playing out of position and taking one for the team as they say. World Cup at the end of this season so a lot of players will also have half an eye on that. 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 17/12/2021 at 20:04, Zoo 2.0 said:

I'm just holding out that this is some elaborate plan to move Digne to left wing as opposed to left back, his attacking talent is there for all to see and backed up with stats, it's the defensive part of his game where questions are asked. 

Given how the last few weeks have planned out though I think he's off. Everyone is saying Chelsea but they have Chilwell? Perhaps a move to City so that they can move João Cancelo back to right-back? Who knows. Could even be Newcastle come to think of it.

You seriously think Chelsea or man city would want him on the form of the last couple of seasons 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Well let’s see not long to find out January transfer window open soon, personally I don’t think Chelsea or Man City will be putting in an offer, Newcastle probably will they have the money and have the need. I can see him going abroad where FBs don’t need to be decent defenders. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

January is notoriously difficult to buy decent players, so I think there would be a queue of clubs interested in buying Digne.

The cynical could even suggest that we have well and truly put in him shop window and at the forefront of the minds of any club with money who might be looking for a a left back.

I don't mind seeing any player leave, as its just a part of football. I just want to see us get good value from sales and then equally I want to see the proceeds reinvested wisely. This will be the true acid test of Benitez -  he HAS to use the money gained from any Digne sale wisely.

If Mykolenko does come in and become a direct replacement he is inevitably going to come under a lot of scrutiny. At 22 and from a far inferior league he is not going to be the finished article by any means, but I think we will all want to see really some good glimpses of talent and athleticism from very early doors with him. It looks like we have committed early and hard to sign this lad, maybe trying to catch others napping, so I am really hoping he is the real deal. 

https://sempreinter.com/2021/03/29/inter-could-battle-juventus-ac-milan-for-dynamo-kievs-vitaliy-mykolenko-italian-media-claim/

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, RuffRob said:

January is notoriously difficult to buy decent players, so I think there would be a queue of clubs interested in buying Digne.

The cynical could even suggest that we have well and truly put in him shop window and at the forefront of the minds of any club with money who might be looking for a a left back.

I don't mind seeing any player leave, as its just a part of football. I just want to see us get good value from sales and then equally I want to see the proceeds reinvested wisely. This will be the true acid test of Benitez -  he HAS to use the money gained from any Digne sale wisely.

If Mykolenko does come in and become a direct replacement he is inevitably going to come under a lot of scrutiny. At 22 and from a far inferior league he is not going to be the finished article by any means, but I think we will all want to see really some good glimpses of talent and athleticism from very early doors with him. It looks like we have committed early and hard to sign this lad, maybe trying to catch others napping, so I am really hoping he is the real deal. 

https://sempreinter.com/2021/03/29/inter-could-battle-juventus-ac-milan-for-dynamo-kievs-vitaliy-mykolenko-italian-media-claim/

 

By the sounds of it, the money we'd gain from a Digne sale will go to buying his replacement. Everything I've read has their prices around the same figure, more or less

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, dunlopp9987 said:

By the sounds of it, the money we'd gain from a Digne sale will go to buying his replacement. Everything I've read has their prices around the same figure, more or less

I have said previously, that I am not convinced we will be paying as much as the media is making out (maybe with add on etc), so would expect there to be some money left over between the two figures - even if its only £5M or so.

However, you need to also consider that with Digne being here 3.5years 70% of his original fee will have been amortised in our books and Mykolenko's fee will be spread over 4 to 5 seasons. In the most basic of example - If we sold Digne for £20M and paid £20M for Mykoenko it means there would still be a considerable amount of net money left over this transfer. When you also consider likely wage difference as well over the contract, then I would think that a Digne sale could also open the door for a similar purchase of a right back, say in the mould of something like Nathan Patterson or similar.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

34 minutes ago, BedfordBlue said:

Not a chance in hell wouldn't get near either first team 

I agree he would not be first choice left back, but they usually have to rotate their squads so much more given all the comps they go deep into - so usually have 2 teams worth of high quality players. Not saying he would play as much as he would here, but would still get games, win trophies and earn plenty of money. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

32 minutes ago, RuffRob said:

I agree he would not be first choice left back, but they usually have to rotate their squads so much more given all the comps they go deep into - so usually have 2 teams worth of high quality players. Not saying he would play as much as he would here, but would still get games, win trophies and earn plenty of money. 

He wouldn’t be going to Chelsea or City as number one so I don’t think he would get anywhere near the 119k a week he gets here to be a bench warmer. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Don't think clubs like Chelsea and Man city bat to much of an eyelid at +£100K wages.

I think Digne will do well at club like this where you probably end up doing more offensive than defensive work as a full back give how much these teams dominate the ball. 

The Benitez fall out aside I actually think is smart business cashing in on 29 year old (either January or in the summer) and investing in top class youngsters. I hear we are linked with Patterson in the media again today. If we did bring two young promising full backs; one either side, it might be a slight step back while they bed in to the premier league, but it would feel like a step in the right direction.  I am prepared to see us tread water and build the team properly for 18 month or so if it means going in to the new stadium with a younger and well balanced squad. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, RuffRob said:

Don't think clubs like Chelsea and Man city bat to much of an eyelid at +£100K wages.

I think Digne will do well at club like this where you probably end up doing more offensive than defensive work as a full back give how much these teams dominate the ball. 

The Benitez fall out aside I actually think is smart business cashing in on 29 year old (either January or in the summer) and investing in top class youngsters. I hear we are linked with Patterson in the media again today. If we did bring two young promising full backs; one either side, it might be a slight step back while they bed in to the premier league, but it would feel like a step in the right direction.  I am prepared to see us tread water and build the team properly for 18 month or so if it means going in to the new stadium with a younger and well balanced squad. 

I agree with most of that but we've been treading water since before Moyes left. Not that we can do much about it of course but it's becoming increasingly frustrating. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, RuffRob said:

Don't think clubs like Chelsea and Man city bat to much of an eyelid at +£100K wages.

I think Digne will do well at club like this where you probably end up doing more offensive than defensive work as a full back give how much these teams dominate the ball. 

The Benitez fall out aside I actually think is smart business cashing in on 29 year old (either January or in the summer) and investing in top class youngsters. I hear we are linked with Patterson in the media again today. If we did bring two young promising full backs; one either side, it might be a slight step back while they bed in to the premier league, but it would feel like a step in the right direction.  I am prepared to see us tread water and build the team properly for 18 month or so if it means going in to the new stadium with a younger and well balanced squad. 

Its only good business if you get in a suitable replacement! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Cornish Steve said:

We'll be lucky if it's good business. We've made clear we must sell, and that's never a good position from which to negotiate.

I really don’t understand the we must sell, are you saying we have gone after Mykolenko and have had to sell Digne to achieve this?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

42 minutes ago, Palfy said:

I really don’t understand the we must sell, are you saying we have gone after Mykolenko and have had to sell Digne to achieve this?

Having money is one thing. FFP rules allowing us to spend it is quite another. I am not an expert in FFP but it does seem to be restricting our spending somewhat.

On past buying performance that may be no bad thing! 😄

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, RPG said:

Having money is one thing. FFP rules allowing us to spend it is quite another. I am not an expert in FFP but it does seem to be restricting our spending somewhat.

On past buying performance that may be no bad thing! 😄

I understand the FFP rules, but when a player says he wants to leave you have to get a replacement in. Mykolenko if available will be coming here whether Digne has departed or not, ideally you would want Digne to have gone early in the same transfer window. So I would say it isn’t bad business but necessary business and on this occasion we haven’t been forced to sell because we want to buy. Digne could be very picky in where he wants to go so may not get the move he wants, so if we can get a replacement very early Digne loses a lot of cards he’s holding, because the club can say if you don’t except offers from the likes of Newcastle and your favoured clubs don’t come in you will not be making the squad here, and will soon become a forgotten man. It takes a strong club and management to do that and I believe we now have a stronger club with Ancelotti and Brand’s gone.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

One thing I am pretty sure of is Digne will be desperate to go to this summers World Cup - he missed it 4 years ago when France won it. He know this summer will be his last chance. Digne does have his own personal agenda of why he would like play this season to continue to be channelled through him, in the hope his form rapidly improves in the second half of the season and he is on the plane and potentially even first choice LB. He will not want to be on Everton's bench.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...