IGNORED

Vitaliy Mykolenko

1 hour ago, Palfy said:

We’ve also bought players who have performed in some of the best leagues in Europe and they haven’t performed for us, for me this isn’t a league issue it’s all about will the player fit into the team and the managers tactics not what league or where you come from. I’d like to think the way forward is to buy players with a plan no matter where they come from, the buying of the big names on big fees and even bigger wages has been our down fall. 

Completely agree. I’d always rather players we have improve than buy a player. Every transfer is a risk. It’s just an assumed lower risk with players who are tried and tested at a higher level, but as you said, doesn’t always work. 

I’d have liked this to be announced already if it is, as per the reports, already completed. Just show the fan base we aren’t wasting time, we are on the front foot and doing business early. There is nothing stopping them other than New Everton still being Old Everton. 
They could have him holding his shirt with his squad number and everything. Just because the registration can’t be completed until next week doesn’t stop them telling us it’s all agreed. 

I assumed when this lad was named as a Ukranian international that he was playing regularly. 

As far as I can see from transfermarkt he played 21 mins in 2018.  He didnt even make the match day squad for the three qualifiers before it. 

I also thought he was a young lad breaking through the ranks but he has played over 11,500 minutes of mens football, the equivalent of over 127 games of 90 minutes. 

I then thought I would try and check some of the highlights of his CL games. This is one he will want to forget:

Poor for their first goal in this as well:

He shows some nice vision in this one with a pass in the build up to their goal but defensively soft again:

Watching these games compared to the other videos he looks averagely paced and not as strong. He has also played as a centre half in Ukraine but he wont be able to do that here.

He looks like he has some ability on the ball but I am very concerned that he is missing some real basics in his defending. I suppose that is a lot easier to coach. 

13 hours ago, Bailey said:

I assumed when this lad was named as a Ukranian international that he was playing regularly. 

As far as I can see from transfermarkt he played 21 mins in 2018.  He didnt even make the match day squad for the three qualifiers before it. 

I also thought he was a young lad breaking through the ranks but he has played over 11,500 minutes of mens football, the equivalent of over 127 games of 90 minutes. 

I then thought I would try and check some of the highlights of his CL games. This is one he will want to forget:

Poor for their first goal in this as well:

He shows some nice vision in this one with a pass in the build up to their goal but defensively soft again:

Watching these games compared to the other videos he looks averagely paced and not as strong. He has also played as a centre half in Ukraine but he wont be able to do that here.

He looks like he has some ability on the ball but I am very concerned that he is missing some real basics in his defending. I suppose that is a lot easier to coach. 

Just as well looking at a you tube highlight real as looking at CL game highlight againt european giants. Game highlight reals are not going to focus on stuff a LB does well againts some of the worlds better offensive players. Benfica, Barca and Bayen don't play ordinary players. 

I am not going to worry just yet. 

I have no doubt it will take a young Ukrainian lad a bit of time to adjust to a new counrty and the cut and thrust of the premier league.

No point in being down on him before he even puts the shirt on. 

1 hour ago, RuffRob said:

Just as well looking at a you tube highlight real as looking at CL game highlight againt european giants. Game highlight reals are not going to focus on stuff a LB does well againts some of the worlds better offensive players. Benfica, Barca and Bayen don't play ordinary players. 

I am not going to worry just yet. 

I have no doubt it will take a young Ukrainian lad a bit of time to adjust to a new counrty and the cut and thrust of the premier league.

No point in being down on him before he even puts the shirt on. 

Of course you can. 

Its no comment on his overall game as he is barely involved in the highlights but he makes mistakes he shouldn't be making. 

You clearly can't judge his overall game but you can still see bits about him and you can compare him to those he is playing against.

It's not about being up or down on a player, it is just about trying to objectively assess what you see. You might not have guessed, but I am not one for hype! 

I’m glad we got a new, young LB in, and I hope we use him this time. Aren’t we still going to need another one though? We needed one when Digne was playing. Now that he essentially seems to be frozen out, we’re back to having one natural LB. 

I don’t see us getting another one in, so I hope this guy is up to it or we’ll be seeing Godfrey there some more until Nkoukou comes back, and there’s no guarantee he’s good enough either yet. 

4 hours ago, RPG said:

Not 100% sure if it is the first time ever but it is certainly the first time in a long time. Hate or love Benitez, he is ruffling the right feathers, getting things done and building his own squad. As a consequence, we now have a sense of purpose, direction and belief. In short, we are being properly lead rather than being wastefully run by a committee.

Lovely to see and long may it continue.

I think it is still early days yet but I am eternally optimistic.

I think with this window and the next in the summer - when we see a huge amount wiped off the annual accounts as the amortisation and wages of Delph, Gyfi and Tosun disappearing. If you add Digne to this, then I see that as around £40M a year off the annual accounts, this is significant.

OK, these players will need replacing - but I am sure we can get more value out of this £40M a year. With his £17M fee (which I believe also includes add-on's) and reported £50,000 wages - Mykolenko is going to cost around £6.5M a year on our accounts - so some basic maths that we should be able to accommodate around 5 more similar signings to come on board over the next couple of windows. This is based on the assumption that we are able to spend what we now save!! add to this the sale of any other players al la Holgate etc - we could see a very different squad going in to 2023.   This to me what I will be measuring Rafa against in roughly 12 months time, I want to see a young energetic and hungry team/squad that is developing and looks to be going places. 

1 hour ago, RuffRob said:

I think it is still early days yet but I am eternally optimistic.

I think with this window and the next in the summer - when we see a huge amount wiped off the annual accounts as the amortisation and wages of Delph, Gyfi and Tosun disappearing. If you add Digne to this, then I see that as around £40M a year off the annual accounts, this is significant.

OK, these players will need replacing - but I am sure we can get more value out of this £40M a year. With his £17M fee (which I believe also includes add-on's) and reported £50,000 wages - Mykolenko is going to cost around £6.5M a year on our accounts - so some basic maths that we should be able to accommodate around 5 more similar signings to come on board over the next couple of windows. This is based on the assumption that we are able to spend what we now save!! add to this the sale of any other players al la Holgate etc - we could see a very different squad going in to 2023.   This to me what I will be measuring Rafa against in roughly 12 months time, I want to see a young energetic and hungry team/squad that is developing and looks to be going places. 

Great expectations to expect 7 years of mismanagement corrected in 2 years, but I share your optimism and positivity. What I want from all this is the club to once again become stable, for the management in all departments to take us into phase of progression stability and consistency, for players to come onboard and want to play for the club the manager and most importantly us, and my overriding dream is when we get to our new home we have a team that can deliver us European football in what ever format so we can show the world how far we have come as a club and a team. And wouldn’t it be just perfect if everyone on TT was here to see it. 

6 hours ago, RPG said:

Not 100% sure if it is the first time ever but it is certainly the first time in a long time. Hate or love Benitez, he is ruffling the right feathers, getting things done and building his own squad. As a consequence, we now have a sense of purpose, direction and belief. In short, we are being properly lead rather than being wastefully run by a committee.

Lovely to see and long may it continue.

Do you not think this deal was largely ochestrated by Brands? According to the reports, we have been watching him for a long time.

IMO it has only been rushed through because of what is happening with Digne.

I think most (if not all) of our January business will have been influenced by Marcel Brands, he would have been working day to day on this subject and his work wouldn't simply be tossed into the bin regardless of what the manager/chairman/board thought about his performance.

Agree that this move was perhaps escalated due to the immanent departure of Lucas Digne.

1 hour ago, Bailey said:

Do you not think this deal was largely ochestrated by Brands? According to the reports, we have been watching him for a long time.

IMO it has only been rushed through because of what is happening with Digne.

Read he was on both Brands list and also on Benitez list. 

I am pretty sure if he hadn't been a player that Benitez wanted, fancied and fully signed up to, we would not have signed him. So I am well and truly having this one down as a Benitez signing (whether he turns out good or bad).

I really don't think we will be buying any players now if they where simply just on Brands radar.