IGNORED

Vitaliy Mykolenko

• 4 months later...

I'd probably prefer Godfrey to stay there but wouldn't be arsed of Myko came back in. Both are about the same ability offensively and defensively, they both seem to get beaten 3 or 4 times a game and provide fuck all going forward. I think Dyche will prefer Mykolenko because he's left footed and will cross more often, but I like the way Godfrey is so quick he can cause absolute panic for defenders.

4 hours ago, Aidan said:

I'd probably prefer Godfrey to stay there but wouldn't be arsed of Myko came back in. Both are about the same ability offensively and defensively, they both seem to get beaten 3 or 4 times a game and provide fuck all going forward. I think Dyche will prefer Mykolenko because he's left footed and will cross more often, but I like the way Godfrey is so quick he can cause absolute panic for defenders.

I agree with all of this. We need a left back. 

6 hours ago, Aidan said:

And not always opposition defenders 😂😂

In games where we expect to be under pressure a lot and therefore likely to be facing a lot of set-pieces I imagine Dyche will look to play Godfrey for his height.

That won't necessarily be in place on Mykolenko, it may be we play a 3 at the back (that could be the case at Chelsea next weekend).

12 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

In games where we expect to be under pressure a lot and therefore likely to be facing a lot of set-pieces I imagine Dyche will look to play Godfrey for his height.

That won't necessarily be in place on Mykolenko, it may be we play a 3 at the back (that could be the case at Chelsea next weekend).

We all know how much we love a back 3 on this forum!

• 1 month later...
8 hours ago, Btay said:

I like Myko but I think we need to start looking at this position. We need some real competition here.

I mentioned Digne on loan & I think a season with a proper experienced LB would do Myko the world of good.

Agreed, a bit of mentoring and competition would improve him, I thought he did well last night with a few errors thrown in.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, RPG said:

If Mykolenko is not available then that really leaves us in a bind. I think that the best of a bad series of options would then be to play a back three with (wait for it) Holgate on the right. Dyche has already said that he will have to 'change the shape' of the team so I guess it is likely. I am open to other suggestions but I just can't find any. Line up 3-1-5-1 with Patterson and McNeil as wing backs.

Pickford

Holgate  Mina  Tarkowski

Gueye

Patterson  Iwobi  Doucoure  Garner  McNeil

DCL

Godfrey as LB please. 3 at the back will get us slaughtered against Wolves

20 hours ago, Wiggytop said:

I wouldn’t be too shocked to see McNeil at LB and Gray LW, other than Dyche doesn’t seem to rate Gray.

I don’t think dyche likes lazy players who lose the ball when there is a pass on.  Gray was disgusting against palace he wasn’t much better the week before vs Fulham. 

On 19/05/2023 at 01:51, RPG said:

Love the tongue in cheek comment:

However,

I think it will be a similar line up if Mykolenko is fit - just Mykolenko for Holgate. The problem arises if Mykolenko isn't fit as we don't have another left back fit and available. That is why Dyche is talking about a possible 'change of shape.'

There is only so much shape you can change when you dont have a player comfortable defending the full back position.

In light of your latest post, I would be very against McNeil playing LB or LWB as he has been our best attacking outlet. We need him as high up the pitch as often as we can get him.

If we were looking to control the ball (unlikely) I would look at playing a defensive midfielder in that position (maybe Davies) and have him step into midfield. If we were looking to be more defensive, then I would maybe look at moving Tarkowski across, and playing Mina and Keane as the traditional centre halves who would all hold their position with Patterson pushing forward. 

38 minutes ago, Bailey said:

There is only so much shape you can change when you dont have a player comfortable defending the full back position.

In light of your latest post, I would be very against McNeil playing LB or LWB as he has been our best attacking outlet. We need him as high up the pitch as often as we can get him.

If we were looking to control the ball (unlikely) I would look at playing a defensive midfielder in that position (maybe Davies) and have him step into midfield. If we were looking to be more defensive, then I would maybe look at moving Tarkowski across, and playing Mina and Keane as the traditional centre halves who would all hold their position with Patterson pushing forward. 

Davies isn’t fit and the thought of him against traore would be an absolute joke. 

it’s just a fuckin joke. If we manage to crawl over the line or not, this team needs surgery and not one signing should be made till the bellends running the place are booted out along with their gutter press journos.