IGNORED

Vitaliy Mykolenko

He still looks a bit awkward going forward but the goal against Brighton while also awkward looking I actually thought he did incredibly well on that first hit. It was such a weird angle that getting as much power on it as he did completely caught the defense and the keeper off guard and set up a real chance. Was the goal a bit lucky sure but he made everything awkward enough for the defense to allow it to happen.

And his defensive work has been absolutely stellar recently. 

On 07/11/2023 at 11:03, patto said:

At the game the weekend I got some information on Mykolenko and why he seems to have upped his game this season. 
there were fears he couldn’t play for the full 90 minutes. 
so Everton’s sports scientists asked him to write down everything he ate for a full week when they studied what he was eating it turned out he wasn’t eating the right foods and not enough.

turns out he was 40% deficient in Protein so they gave him the right diet to eat and Mykolenko said I can’t eat all that but he has had to co operate and looks like he’s gone from strength to strength.

at last it looks like we have a sports scientist who knows what he’s doing.

im very pleased with that.

I was thinking recently that he seems to have filled out a bit (in a good way); so maybe there’s some truth in that. 

On 07/11/2023 at 10:03, patto said:

At the game the weekend I got some information on Mykolenko and why he seems to have upped his game this season. 
there were fears he couldn’t play for the full 90 minutes. 
so Everton’s sports scientists asked him to write down everything he ate for a full week when they studied what he was eating it turned out he wasn’t eating the right foods and not enough.

turns out he was 40% deficient in Protein so they gave him the right diet to eat and Mykolenko said I can’t eat all that but he has had to co operate and looks like he’s gone from strength to strength.

at last it looks like we have a sports scientist who knows what he’s doing.

im very pleased with that.

If he’s not eating a load more protein it would explain why he looks so much bigger and stronger. 

1 hour ago, Hafnia said:

I think he’s making many posts on this thread look a bit embarrassing.  Never been as bad as some make out.   Delighted for the lad. 

He definitely struggled, there's no denying it. But I think the change in diet plus continued game time has proven to be vital to his improvement. 

If only Patterson could be afforded the same consistent game time in order to develop...

since Mykolenkos arrival this is the time he has played in anything like a stable side.

A lot of players from overseas struggle when the first come to the Premiership, and that's even without the fact you home country has been invaded, and many of your friends and family are now in a war.

I think he has been allowed to get up to the pace and strength of the Premiership defensivkey ŵithout having to worry to much about being and offensive threat.

I have always thought he had good technique to hit the ball and has the qualities to be better than his offensive showing to date. 

I am hoping that he has now settled as no.1 left back and can now grow further in this position. 

so please for the lad give how tough things must have really been since he's been here. 

1 hour ago, Matt said:

Seems he's needed that break from the spotlight to find his fitness and confidence. Credit for Dyche here too. He could've rushed him back sooner too but he's taken the decision to let the player recover and taken stick for that to protect the player. 

I don’t ever think he was as bad as many made out.  Too many people pissed off over the way Digne was outed more than anything.  Defensively he’s always been better than Digne. 

On 11/11/2023 at 23:33, Hafnia said:

I think he’s making many posts on this thread look a bit embarrassing.  Never been as bad as some make out.   Delighted for the lad. 

Disagree. There’s been times when he’s been absolutely shite! But I’d always rather a player already in the building just get better than replacing them, and he has certainly got better. Long may it continue. Still needs to work on that crossing. 

12 hours ago, StevO said:

Disagree. There’s been times when he’s been absolutely shite! But I’d always rather a player already in the building just get better than replacing them, and he has certainly got better. Long may it continue. Still needs to work on that crossing. 

The amount of shit he got early doors was a joke.  Yeah we wanted more and we missed Digne but the lad was adapting to a new league.

he looks stronger, more bite about him and maybe - just maybe not playing behind Demarai gray is a good thing. 

22 hours ago, StevO said:

Could be he's just needed time and that most people don't seem to realise just how long positive change takes. Change is measured in fixture frequency rather than actual time.

5 hours ago, Matt said:

Could be he's just needed time and that most people don't seem to realise just how long positive change takes. Change is measured in fixture frequency rather than actual time.

He looks way stronger too.  When he came here he looked like a stiff breeze would knock him over. 

wonder if remnants of Ashley Cole’s tuition has helped? Dyche has to take credit too. 

He’s looking more like he has eventually come to terms with the pace of the PL, helped by Dyche’s training schedule he looks a lot stronger and fitter, I wouldn’t say his football skills have changed that much he always had the ability win a tackle and mark a man out of the game, now he has the engine to get up and down the line for 90 minutes and not hold back because of tiredness. 

22 hours ago, Hafnia said:

he looks stronger, more bite about him and maybe - just maybe not playing behind Demarai gray is a good thing. 

Gray never played a pass to Myko, it must have been incredibly demoralising bombing down the line and never to have a ball played to you.

2 hours ago, Palfy said:

now he has the engine to get up and down the line for 90 minutes and not hold back because of tiredness. 

I think he’s happier to do it knowing he will get the ball when the pass is on.

• 2 weeks later...

His defending is easily his best attribute at this point, and it continues to improve. 

One thing he does very well in the offensive third is strike the ball. Case in point, his effort on goal against Palace that led to the Doucs tap in. If he can continue to improve his crossing, he's going to be absolutely massive for us