IGNORED

Vitaliy Mykolenko

• 3 weeks later...

I’m gutted he missed that chance because it gave Rom 10 points 😁 but to be honest I’m happy he missed it I can’t help thinking if he slotted it would we have taken our foot off the gas and let them back in, and then not be able to get the intensity back up and possibly walk of with a draw. More than happy with the win and Mykolenko’s defensive and offensive work another solid game for the young man against one of the top teams in the league. 

14 minutes ago, RuffRob said:

adding his first goal (and what a stunner) is a reflection of his ever increasing development as a premiership player. 

Going to be a fans fav. 

We need to remind ourselves…. He’s only 22. Where did I hear that before? 

From Garth Crooks' Team of the Week:

Mykolenko: When you consider what is taking place in Ukraine at the moment with the Russian invasion, it's a testament to Mykolenko's strength, courage and resilience that he's in any fit mental state to play professional football.

To bring the Ukraine international into the starting line-up at this time must have raised some eyebrows.

Nevertheless, the full-back's outstanding goal provided the impetus for the Toffees - who have never been relegated from the Premier League - to go on and win the game and take three vital points.