IGNORED

Vitaliy Mykolenko

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Btay said:

Good moment before the game where he gave a shivering mascot his jacket. Clearly has a good heart & gets the club. Really hope he kicks on this year.

Also in the minutes silence shook his head in what I can only assume was disgust and disbelief at a few yelling out. Definitely a young man with moral’s and respect for a country that has shown him and his country so much passion.  

11 minutes ago, London Blue said:

He has played well and settled into a new back 4. He is going to have a very good season for us I think.

Plus he is an Everton player, gets the club, gets the fans, is a good man, very happy with him as left back.

Little bit of work to be done on the runs he makes and his crossing but over all very happy with him. Has the occasional moment defensively but I think he is actually a very solid 1v1 defender.

• 2 weeks later...

I think as a team we are still very much in a 'be solid defense' mode. I think he will develop offensively as the team become more familiar with each other and develop offensively as a team.

I still feel he is getting up to speed properly with what's needed defensively in the  Premier League, he still doesn't have a full season in the UK under his belt yet. I think we will seem more from Mykolenko. 

16 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

His lack of attacking play is really being exposed with no Patterson, so I hope this starts to pay off soon.

Yeah this is something I highlighted initially with him as a concern. I think he makes good runs but they have often been ignored, perhaps that is also hindering his intent to get forward.

Hopefully with the return of Dom we may see a tactical change with him to get further forward and show what he can offer.

11 hours ago, Btay said:

Yeah this is something I highlighted initially with him as a concern. I think he makes good runs but they have often been ignored, perhaps that is also hindering his intent to get forward.

Hopefully with the return of Dom we may see a tactical change with him to get further forward and show what he can offer.

He definitely has the engine to do it and whilst he might not be the quickest, he is always flat out when he is chasing back unlike some of the others.

He might not be the best footballer in the team but you can never doubt his heart.

21 hours ago, Bailey said:

He definitely has the engine to do it and whilst he might not be the quickest, he is always flat out when he is chasing back unlike some of the others.

He might not be the best footballer in the team but you can never doubt his heart.

Defensively I think he is sound. He’s pocketed some very, very good wingers in his short time here. Also throws himself in front of a lot of shots & he will only get better with age. Never doubted his heart, you can see he has absolutely bought into the club.

I like him a lot as a player & seems a good professional. Just hope he finds this next level to his game.

2 hours ago, Btay said:

Defensively I think he is sound. He’s pocketed some very, very good wingers in his short time here. Also throws himself in front of a lot of shots & he will only get better with age. Never doubted his heart, you can see he has absolutely bought into the club.

I like him a lot as a player & seems a good professional. Just hope he finds this next level to his game.

I think he is very hit and miss defensively. He does get in the way of a lot which shows he has good instincts but he gets beaten far too often. It is still very early days for him and its a big step up.

I actually think he plays the game more like a CB, its a just a shame he isn't built more like one!

14 hours ago, Bailey said:

I think he is very hit and miss defensively. He does get in the way of a lot which shows he has good instincts but he gets beaten far too often. It is still very early days for him and its a big step up.

I actually think he plays the game more like a CB, its a just a shame he isn't built more like one!

See I don’t recall him getting beaten in 1v1 a whole lot or at least my impression of him is being solid defensively. There’s been a few times, for sure but any full back will have that.

He did play a little bit of CB in Ukraine though. 

On 13/10/2022 at 04:25, Btay said:

See I don’t recall him getting beaten in 1v1 a whole lot or at least my impression of him is being solid defensively. There’s been a few times, for sure but any full back will have that.

He did play a little bit of CB in Ukraine though. 

He gets beaten inside very regularly. Far better down the line. He also gets put on his arse far too often as well 😂

Surprised no mention in here about his performance last night!

Although like him, many were shite, i thought he topped the lot.

1 cross which was fucking awful, even commentator commented. short passing was shite and he seems scared of every RB in the prem. Turns back and plays safe 90% of the time.

I like the lad but he's struggling. Coleman wasn't better on the other flank but he's cover now for Patterson.

I hope Myko puts in a better shift on Saturday.

2 hours ago, milesey05 said:

Turns back and plays safe 90% of the time.

I’ve noticed this every game, part of the problem is that he stands with his back to the sideline, so when he gets the ball the easiest option is back or sideways infield, he needs to face forward more, it’S debatable wether he can find whoever’s up field of him of course.

He is looking very limited in his ability, a good defender, yet poor passer of the ball short and long, and doesn't try to get forward enough and take their FB on. I do accept that it maybe due to the fact him and Gray have no connection in the way Baines and Pienaar had, which will not help with his confidence in committing himself if he no faith in Gray covering him. 

27 minutes ago, Palfy said:

He is looking very limited in his ability, a good defender, yet poor passer of the ball short and long, and doesn't try to get forward enough and take their FB on. I do accept that it maybe due to the fact him and Gray have no connection in the way Baines and Pienaar had, which will not help with his confidence in committing himself if he no faith in Gray covering him. 

I think Gray's selfishness plays a big role in how Myko plays. There's not a lot of chemistry over that at all.

Have seen glimpses of what Mykolenko could offer the team in the longer term, and agree Grey isn't ideal partner.

He is off a bit of form at the moment. However, considering the situation that a great deal of his friends and family are going through, I can understand why he may not be at the races in some games. We have to remember what a young boy he is, and somebody who's not long moved from his home land, that becomes ravage not long after he leaves.

Some things are so much bigger than football and it doesn't come much bigger than a war. His 'head' must be battered, so find if difficult judge he to much in this period.

8 hours ago, RuffRob said:

Have seen glimpses of what Mykolenko could offer the team in the longer term, and agree Grey isn't ideal partner.

He is off a bit of form at the moment. However, considering the situation that a great deal of his friends and family are going through, I can understand why he may not be at the races in some games. We have to remember what a young boy he is, and somebody who's not long moved from his home land, that becomes ravage not long after he leaves.

Some things are so much bigger than football and it doesn't come much bigger than a war. His 'head' must be battered, so find if difficult judge he to much in this period.

If all you say is true and his head isn't in the right place, then I'm sorry he shouldn't be in the team, because poor performance's will not be doing him any good and adding to his woes. 

8 hours ago, Palfy said:

If all you say is true and his head isn't in the right place, then I'm sorry he shouldn't be in the team, because poor performance's will not be doing him any good and adding to his woes. 

That's fair enough, I am just saying it to soon to judge him as having 'limited ability' or that he's a 'poor passer'. He has a bona fida reason why he might not be at his sharpest or as focuses as you probably need to be to cutting it in the toughest league in the world.