IGNORED

Vitaliy Mykolenko

10 hours ago, MC11 said:

Dunflopp constantly giving me grief.. I treat people how they treat me. If you don’t want my opinion on the forum ban me. Tried my best to be civil. Sick of being pulled on my comments by smart arses. 

He isn’t giving you grief anywhere that I’ve seen. He’s not called you names or been abusive. He may disagree with your opinions but plenty of people disagree. Calm down. 

9 hours ago, dunlopp9987 said:

Poor Vitalii, look what's become of his thread

I think he did well, young player in a new country, at a new club who have changed manager, in a defense who changes shape and personnel in every game it seems is not easy!!

I think he played well, he tracked back, his passing was good, he tackled well and was not caught out of position. He was a bit tentative, understandably so, but as the game went on he become more positive in his actions. 

Given time to adjust to the league, the team and to develop as a player (especially with the help of Baines and Cole) he will be a very good left back.  

49 minutes ago, Bailey said:

He was certainly no worse than Coleman. Not sure how much that says these days though.

Can’t wait to see Patterson get his opportunity surely can’t be to long now, Coleman made a couple more bad decisions yesterday fortunately he got away with them this time. Mykolenko had his best game so far for us maybe Lampard/Cole can settle him down in the past he looked like a player frozen with nerves and unsure of how he was expected to play. 

1 hour ago, Palfy said:

Can’t wait to see Patterson get his opportunity surely can’t be to long now, Coleman made a couple more bad decisions yesterday fortunately he got away with them this time. Mykolenko had his best game so far for us maybe Lampard/Cole can settle him down in the past he looked like a player frozen with nerves and unsure of how he was expected to play. 

I'd like to see Patterson play as well, but I don't see the manager taking any risks in the short term.

5 minutes ago, Cornish Steve said:

This may seem an obvious point, but the manager ensured players were in their best positions yesterday - no playing a right back on the left. This was probably why he played Mykolenko yesterday. With Digne gone, who else is first and foremost a left back?

No one besides Mykolenko. Godfrey and Delph can cover, but Myko is our only out and out left back

43 minutes ago, Cornish Steve said:

This may seem an obvious point, but the manager ensured players were in their best positions yesterday - no playing a right back on the left. This was probably why he played Mykolenko yesterday. With Digne gone, who else is first and foremost a left back?

Kenny did come on as left back but I get your point 👍🏼

• 3 weeks later...
48 minutes ago, Cornish Steve said:

I just did a quick check and, interestingly, there are no Russian players in the EPL right now.

Interesting - not that Russia has ever had a huge contingent in England but you'd think there'd be at least a few given Russia's a decent enough footballing nation. Funny you guys mention it, and maybe I'm wrong here, but it seems like Germany and Italy get more of Eastern Europe's best (maybe its just proximity) than England?