IGNORED

Seamus Coleman

scouse

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Romey 1878 said:

I've never been a big fan of Coleman to be honest but I'm starting to feel a bit sorry for him at this point. Not about tonight, he's a fucking dick head for what he did tonight. It's just sad to watch him these days, he's awful in truth, and this is probably going to be the way a lot of fans remember him. He shouldn't be anywhere near being a regular but it's not his fault, and he's trying but it's just not there.

I don’t think his effort or attitude can really be questioned, but he could have done with declining sooner and maybe then he would have been replaced. It’s a shame for him because I do think he cares so much. He’s probably the only player in the team I think goes home tonight as hurt as we do. He needs more help. 

I love Seamus for his commitment to the club what he does for others outside of football, buy last night, for me he was a key part in us being all over the place, early doors he was berating Pickford when they let the ball out for the corner, and that caused the whole team to be edgy and allow the shite to run rings round us ( hate to say it but they are man for man so far ahead of us atm ) We needed a cool and competent captain to drive the team, what we got was the opposite, capped off by dithering on the ball for their third effectively killing the game when we had a sliver of hope of getting an equaliser. 
it’s not all his fault though, we should not be relying on him game in game out, and that’s down to the board for not getting a RB and a player who can be a proper captain.

1 hour ago, Bill said:

Despite all the critism and the fook up mistake he made, he was still one of our better players last night.

I agree thought he was a candidate for man of the match before that cluster fuck of a mistake but fans are quick to jump on that as it lends itself to their opinion of him being past it

IMO Ben Godfrey's  mistake for the second was just as bad but nobody seems to be mentioning that

6 hours ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

I agree thought he was a candidate for man of the match before that cluster fuck of a mistake but fans are quick to jump on that as it lends itself to their opinion of him being past it

IMO Ben Godfrey's  mistake for the second was just as bad but nobody seems to be mentioning that

I agree, he did some really good defensive work keeping Robertson and Mane quiet, unfortunately everyone remembers errors. While the 3rd goal can be blamed on him he was given an awful ball to deal with.  I was shouting for him to take out Salah for the red card though!

I thought he was poor before the mistake. He was all over the place and he was way too emotional. 

Godfrey and Digne were the same, whereas I thought Keane was probably too far the other way. 

As a back 4 last night, they were completely incoherrent and they looked more like someone playing Fifa than an organised football team. 

11 hours ago, Bill said:

Despite all the critism and the fook up mistake he made, he was still one of our better players last night.

I agree, but tiredness set in and the mistakes started to happen, it’s an embarrassment that he has to play every game for 90 minutes, we should have brought in a credible replacement by now to give him rest and chance to recharge his battery now and then. 

3 hours ago, RPG said:

Can we get Nkounko back from loan in January? He seems to be having a good season.

He does, I’m not sure what the deal was with him, we’ve seen this with Lookman and Kenny we send them out on loan they play really well for their loan clubs so much so that they want to keep them, yet we can’t reach a deal or we want them back and all we do is pay their wages and not play them. I fear Nkounkou will come back full of belief and rot on the bench even though his natural replacement Digne is by far our worst defender. When Coleman was struggling through tiredness we should have brought Kenny on, and if he’s deemed not good enough to cover for 30 minutes then what’s the point of having him sat on the bench, and why hasn’t Brand’s in the last 3-4 years done anything to cover this position. Since Moshiri took over and brought in Walsh and Brand’s our transfer dealings have been embarrassing and fruitless, we have spent more money than Liverpool in the last 6 years yet we are still looking at Coleman to help carry the team, really?

7 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

The Digne 'problem' isn't anywhere near as bad as is being made out imo. It's just that we have so many problems that they all look huge.

Maybe we have problems all over the pitch but when you’re defenders aren’t up to the job you are well and truly fucked. 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...