IGNORED

Tom Davies

On 30/01/2019 at 19:41, pete0 said:

If that was true we'd be a top 7 side and Villa probably wouldn't have got relegated. He's not even a DM, Gomes, Schneiderlin, and Barry all sat more. If anything he's in the role of the CM and possibly the worst one in the league at that. 

You come up with some belting comments Pete but you just sound fucking stupid now. All the facts and expert opinion fly in the face of the drivel you are spouting yet you still come out with bollocks like this

There are plenty of people who don’t rate Gana, such as Palfy, but none come out with this kind of rubbish

Everyone is in agreement that he is limited when on the ball but you can’t even acknowledge that he is great at winning possession , be it by intercepting or tackling. How the flying fuck can he have the stats he does and play in the role he does and not be considered a DM?

I hope Tom isn’t dropped to the bench on Saturday for Gana to return not because of any views of Gana positive or negative, but because of how he played against Huddersfield, and also because of Gana’s desire to leave. 

It would surely be a massive kick in the teeth for the lad which he doesn’t deserve after his performance, and even more so be dropped for someone who wanted out that would be hard to take on the chin. 

And if Silva doesn’t play this right he could cause a split in the dressing room with players feeling Davies has been quite frankly shit on, and the manager has bottled a tough decision in favour of the senior man. 

1 hour ago, Palfy said:

I hope Tom isn’t dropped to the bench on Saturday for Gana to return not because of any views of Gana positive or negative, but because of how he played against Huddersfield, and also because of Gana’s desire to leave. 

It would surely be a massive kick in the teeth for the lad which he doesn’t deserve after his performance, and even more so be dropped for someone who wanted out that would be hard to take on the chin. 

And if Silva doesn’t play this right he could cause a split in the dressing room with players feeling Davies has been quite frankly shit on, and the manager has bottled a tough decision in favour of the senior man. 

1 hour ago, markjazzbassist said:

would have never thought you would say that palfy, completely out of the blue for you

I don’t necessarily disagree in this case. Gana probably needs a game or two out to sort his head and Davies deserves another start.

Just now, MikeO said:

"Rest" Gomes and try Gana and Davies together?

Gomes has been a passenger for a while now.

Thought of that option, too. Gomes was pretty useless in the Huddersfield match minus the first 10 minutes or so of the second half. Still think the weekend might be too soon for Gana, but I’m in agreement with you that I don’t think the saga will affect his mentality much for the rest of the season past a week or two.

Gana

Davies                    Bernard

Lookman                             Richarlison

Tosun

Bernard floating through the middle behind Tosun and Davies sitting deeper, did well enough last time to warrant another start plus Gomes and Sigurdsson haven't been upto scratch lately so a rest may be needed 

44 minutes ago, EFC-Paul said:

Gana

Davies                    Bernard

Lookman                             Richarlison

Tosun

Bernard floating through the middle behind Tosun and Davies sitting deeper, did well enough last time to warrant another start plus Gomes and Sigurdsson haven't been upto scratch lately so a rest may be needed 

I do like the Bernard idea as a replacement for Gylfi I really think he could cause teams a lot of problems in that area. 

1 hour ago, MikeO said:

Worth looking at we need to try to find something that works on paper our midfield should be good but in reality it’s not working, so keep trying different combinations till something clicks. 

3 hours ago, MikeO said:

No no no, please. Nothing good will come out of that. Ganas energitic moves, forward and backwards and to the sides has never been any good to his dm/m partner in our club. If anything, let Gana play that position alone.

10 hours ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

You come up with some belting comments Pete but you just sound fucking stupid now. All the facts and expert opinion fly in the face of the drivel you are spouting yet you still come out with bollocks like this

There are plenty of people who don’t rate Gana, such as Palfy, but none come out with this kind of rubbish

Everyone is in agreement that he is limited when on the ball but you can’t even acknowledge that he is great at winning possession , be it by intercepting or tackling. How the flying fuck can he have the stats he does and play in the role he does and not be considered a DM?

Name a couple of teams that play two DMs because as far as I'm aware now do. The others all play further back than Gana so are they not the DM? 

4 hours ago, MikeO said:

Please god no. Gana makes £40m players struggle nevermind a kid learning the trade. 

Really hope Davies puts in another good, tidy performance. Started thinking he was a bit boring as some mentioned here, average at most things and not spectacular at anything. To his credit he showed some good range of passing and was pushing forward at the right times offering support and runs into the box. Good defensive stats as well.

Regardless hes coming up against 2 midfielders who I see him as a similar player in the likes of Neves and Moutinho and I hope Davies and Gomes win the midfield.

5 minutes ago, London Blue said:

Thought he played ok, in a team devoid of confidence. He tried to get us going forward and made some good probing passes.

Not the finished article, but did ok in the circumstances.

I am beginning to think Siggy is the weak link in terms of his speed of passing and play.

He’s also the only one capable of playing a good through ball, though. Not a single other passer we have consistently threads the ball through defenders.

29 minutes ago, nyblue23 said:

He’s also the only one capable of playing a good through ball, though. Not a single other passer we have consistently threads the ball through defenders.

That's why its such a conundrum. Play in a shape that more suits the other players and what has been his most preferred shape or drop his most creative player.