IGNORED

Leicester City (Away) Sunday October 29th

markjazzbassist

2 minutes ago, Paddock said:

They are fucking dreadful- they’ve continuously given us the ball back all fucking game and we haven’t the slightest clue what to do with it. A decent side whallops these today. They’ve been piss poor- especially second half.

If any side gives them a 2 nil lead they are going to win 95% of the time because they were really organised.

The problem is you can't give them 2 goals and allow them to dig in. 

1 minute ago, Bailey said:

Today shows the negative of a young inexperienced manager. 

I admire him for wanting to play the right way but this is probably the wrong team at the wrong time to be bold. 

If you want to play on the front foot, slow aging center backs are always going to be a problem, especially against a counter attacking team with lots of pace. 

At the start of the season you can chalk it off as one of those things but we are in a relegation scrap and are desperately low on confidence and we can't afford to keep dropping points.

I'd guess not many teams set out like Leicester at u23 level. Naive from Unsworth but against any team bar Leicester in the league we will do better with this set up than Koeman's, just need to fuck Gana off to make it work. 

1 minute ago, yamar said:

Ye, he's gone now haf. Stop banging on about him.

Whilst ya raking up the past, why don't ya mention the fact that the one player you hated was sold and now we're shit.

Koeman gone.... let's stop banging on about him.... let's start banging on about someone else who's gone? 

Lukaku would do fuck all for our current woes.... unless of course he was responsible for defence and midfield.... cos thats where the issues are.... probably cause more issues for us the rate he lost the fookin ball. 

Just now, hafnia said:

Koeman gone.... let's stop banging on about him.... let's start banging on about someone else who's gone? 

Lukaku would do fuck all for our current woes.... unless of course he was responsible for defence and midfield.... cos thats where the issues are.... probably cause more issues for us the rate he lost the fookin ball. 

You know, I know and everyone on this forum knows haf that this is not true and he made a world of difference in our side. Get a goal out of nothing.

Just don't burn your lips on that humble pie.

I still think Unsworth needs time but I was expecting a result one of the last two games. We're in a mess, it will take a few weeks to get us organised on the pitch. But the lack of quality in our squad is a major worry. I just can't believe how far backwards we've gone. 

15 minutes ago, yamar said:

You know, I know and everyone on this forum knows haf that this is not true and he made a world of difference in our side. Get a goal out of nothing.

Just don't burn your lips on that humble pie.

Out of nothing??? Last time I looked 90%+ of his goals were pass conversions inside the box..... hardly out of nothing but you keep up with that illusion. 

One player we miss?  Barkley.  A player who can run with the ball through the middle breaking between lines. That is what we miss. 

Hard to come up with any positives from that. In the first half we were far too open but at least had some width. In the second we set out to close up the midfield, which we did, but at the cost of our width and attack. 

Sending crosses in from deep was a complete was of time and we haven't got anyone who can pick passes through the middle. 

I do think we need to just go with two up front and attack hell for leather, at least try it in Europe where there pressure is off now

Another gutting result.

It's going to be tough to find a balance with this squad. That formula which both protects the backline and offers something going forward.

When you're down, you need some luck. A shitty own goal and a rejected clear penalty. You either get that bit if luck or continue to get kicked in the balls.

It's frustrating but there are some good things to take from that game, mostly the 2nd half. But we have to show that performance from the off, which is difficult when you are shot of confidence.

I can only remember 1 actual proper chance to score. That's a huge problem. We really need to find a way to create more clear cut chances.

Onto the next one.

3 minutes ago, Matt said:

Utter shite. No one up top that makes their defence ancy. That's what we're missing with Rom gone, his presence and his goals. 

Rooney needs to play with the u23s again so he can learn how to pass

Do you think a defender looks and says "ah it's only DCL"....

Morgan used to put Rom in his back pocket with regularity.....

We miss Barkley- big time. He created more chances than de bruyne, silva, coutinho last year.... just sayin.

It's chances we aren't creating.

4 minutes ago, hafnia said:

Do you think a defender looks and says "ah it's only DCL"....

Morgan used to put Rom in his back pocket with regularity.....

We miss Barkley- big time. He created more chances than de bruyne, silva, coutinho last year.... just sayin.

It's chances we aren't creating.

Yes, that's exactly what I think. Would I be more comfortable playing against a kid who doesn't score, or a proven goal scorer (who was the last player of ours to score against them)

Agree with the rest. 

1 minute ago, Matt said:

Yes, that's exactly what I think. Would I be more comfortable playing against a kid who doesn't score, or a proven goal scorer (who was the last player of ours to score against them)

Agree with the rest. 

Got nothing to do with comfort.  Lukaku only scores when he gets space.  Barkley created shit loads of space as he would run through the lines at the defence which meant one had to step out = space. 

We would be better with him no doubt as we need a finisher but he's not the main reason we care struggling... far from it imo.

1 minute ago, hafnia said:

Got nothing to do with comfort.  Lukaku only scores when he gets space.  Barkley created shit loads of space as he would run through the lines at the defence which meant one had to step out = space. 

We would be better with him no doubt as we need a finisher but he's not the main reason we care struggling... far from it imo.

I'm not saying he's the main reason, but he's a lot bigger reason than you'll give him credit for. 

We are in a mess, I never do like us signing players over 30 but was willing to give Rooney a chance to show me a reason why we did sign him.

So short of pace, underhit passes, and those that are hit properly usually go to the apposing players, plays so deep he's usually behind the CDMs.

Time to blood in Siggy, Klaasen, Sandro and Vlasic, it's not working for the kids or Rooney.

Rooney is a huge problem for any manager. It's not easy to drop him, and he does things in games that make you want him to play (arguably creating our 2 best chances) but at the same time creating a whole host of other problems. 

If he was injured today we would have played with 3 in midfield and plugged the holes like we did against Chelsea and it would have been a different game. 

Hard to believe summer’s optimism has so quickly faded. The managerial prospects look as bleak as winter, the players largely bereft of appetite and, criminally, ability. No point looking back and blaming the transfer window now; we have to salvage what’s rest of the season and that means cutting a lot of the players loose and trying to stay up. We are not playing like a team that can save itself. Early, maybe, but I can’t think of a team that is playing worse than us. I like Unsworth as a person, and he’s Everton through and through, but that’s not enough to keep him on. I would get rid of Williams, Jagielka, Baines, Mirallas, Rooney, one of Gana / Schneiderlin, buy a quality CB and LB (young, fast, mobile) in January, obviously a CF, pray that Barkley comes back wanting to play, that Coleman is able to play, take DCL out of the first team, keep the energy players (Vlasic, Lookman). I wouldn’t get rid of Klaasen and Sandro – too early to tell – and I think Keane is better than he looks. Ditto Holgate. The future has to be about recruiting youth and speed. We could also do with having a younger version of Barry in the middle of the park, somebody who can pull the strings. As regards a manager, we’re really, really stuck. We need an experienced guy who players would want to play for. That’s not Sean Dyche. I hope Moshiri and Walsh can pull something out of the hat in January, because we need them to. Desperately.

This is the worst I have seen Everton play since the last Moyes year. This side looks totally lost. They play like an average Championship side. Far too many young and inexperienced players in key positions. We need a proper striker, someone playing the proper nr 10 role, new left and right back and some proper gamebreaker on defensive mid. Mirallas on the left wing, (he would also be a better striker than Calvert-Lewin) Sirgudson at nr 10, and Roony as impact player from the bench, playing just behind the striker. Lookman or Vlasic on right wing. And a new manager please, urgently!!. What about Brendon Rogers?

Don't get the Rooney hate, we should have scored thanks to a perfectly weighted through ball from him. The team should have scored thanks to him, and he played no part in us conceding. 

Gana and DCL were the reasons we never got anything from today, not helped by Unsworth's tactics. Swap Gana and go from there. 

There were some positives (and I only saw the second half).

• We hustled to win back the ball, with two or three players swarming every time. It worked often. The issue, of course, is that we shouldn't be giving the ball away in the first place.
  • There's real desire in some of the players: Jagielka, DC-L, Niasse in particular. Others have lost that desire (or maybe ability): Baines (sadly) is one of them.
  • We dominated possession in the second half, and Leicester had no opportunities save from our obvious mistakes. We just need to take advantage of that possession.

Personally, I think one of the main problems right now is knowing what to do with Wayne Rooney. I honestly wonder whether his contract specifies he must play a minimum number of games, because he doesn't deserve to start. He gives the ball away so often and drifts way back time and again.

I'm with Haf on this: Koeman has really done a number on this team, and it's going to take time to recover. Unsworth needs until at least the end of the year to make a significant difference. The recovery will be slow but steady. And we need a bit of good luck and to be awarded obvious penalties. Things like that have an impact on morale when you're down.