IGNORED

Goodbye To The Gravy Guzzler

12 minutes ago, hafnia said:

This is my point dunc.... some are saying that we could finish 7th as if the season is salvageable. It's been a joke... a complete embarrassent and we have this pathetic excuse of a manager taking the piss out the fans. 

8/10 seasons and our current level of performance would see us get relegated. Simply not good enough. 

But we could finish 7th?!!

I've not seen anyone say that it makes the season salvageable, correct me if I'm wrong.....

3 minutes ago, Cornish Steve said:

The difference between 7th and 15th is a boatload of TV money. We want to finish as high as possible for that reason alone. 

The difference between 7th and 15th is more than money.

It's European football.

It's attraction to the players we need.

It's attraction to the next manager and coaching staff.

It's more purposeful to continuing building the club.

It makes it easier to knock a few bricks away and rebuild again.

25 minutes ago, hafnia said:

What honour is there in finishing 7th? We are absolutely shit. At this moment in time 7th spot will be a photo finish between 5 equally shitty mediocre teams. 

We've been twatted in the Europa league setting a record for being shit.

Look at the teams in the top 5 or 6..... they are like they play in a different league to us. 

To me 7th or 15th makes no difference - the reality is that 7th would be a result for a club like Burnley and they deserve that.  We have spent a fortune and our manager has us playing like we are facing real Madrid each week.... it's embarrassing.

Yes, we are shit. Yes we've been twatted in the Europa. Yes the top 5 or 6 do look a mile away from everyone else (although they have done for many years!). Yes there are a lot of wrongs this season. Yes it has been a disaster. Absolutely, 100% agree with all of this. No doubt about it. Not even debating it.

But would I rather finish 7th over 15th? Fucking right. Does it 'salvage' the season? Does it bollocks. Is it an honour? No.

But does it instill a bit more pride? Yes.

I'm not having it that any Evertonian will see 15th on par with 7th. No way.

7th just puts us on a better platform for next season. This season is long gone. We might aswell get as much out if it as we can. And 7th is the best we can get.

I'm not sure why you are going off on this tangent. And those that agree with you, I don't get why you's are almost wishing a lower league position on us. Bizarre.

19 minutes ago, Newty82 said:

But we could finish 7th?!!

I've not seen anyone say that it makes the season salvageable, correct me if I'm wrong.....

Yes and we could easily get relegated.  This is the problem.

We are amongst the shit teams in the league. Simple as that. 

I can't really paint the picture other than this:- our current manager has relegation form and we are not safe from relegation.  7th place would be an absolute laugh. Probably be the all time lowest points tally for a team finishing 7th. 

6 minutes ago, Newty82 said:

Yes, we are shit. Yes we've been twatted in the Europa. Yes the top 5 or 6 do look a mile away from everyone else (although they have done for many years!). Yes there are a lot of wrongs this season. Yes it has been a disaster. Absolutely, 100% agree with all of this. No doubt about it. Not even debating it.

But would I rather finish 7th over 15th? Fucking right. Does it 'salvage' the season? Does it bollocks. Is it an honour? No.

But does it instill a bit more pride? Yes.

I'm not having it that any Evertonian will see 15th on par with 7th. No way.

7th just puts us on a better platform for next season. This season is long gone. We might aswell get as much out if it as we can. And 7th is the best we can get.

I'm not sure why you are going off on this tangent. And those that agree with you, I don't get why you's are almost wishing a lower league position on us. Bizarre.

I'm not wishing a lower position on us.... I'm merely stating that the current levels of performance do not warrant 7th and it would be pamering over the cracks.

Allardyce doesn't deserve the potential excise that he can get us 7th. The ofios twat thinks he's doing a good job. 

1 minute ago, hafnia said:

I'm not wishing a lower position on us.... I'm merely stating that the current levels of performance do not warrant 7th and it would be pamering over the cracks.

Allardyce doesn't deserve the potential excise that he can get us 7th. The ofios twat thinks he's doing a good job. 

And I'm merely stating that 7th is within our reach and I would like us to finish there!

That last pragrapgh is the problem for many of you...we don't want to finish 7th because we don't want Allardyce to feel smug at what he'll see as a huge achievement for himself.

Cutting off our noses to spite our faces.

Anyway, tonight I've remembered why I don't comment much at the moment. I'm done for now. Be back in a couple of weeks!

1 hour ago, Newty82 said:

Be back in a couple of weeks!

1 hour ago, Newty82 said:

By the way, saying 'wishing a lower league finish...' wasn't quite the right words. I'm sure none of you are. But there is a slight sniff of it in the air because of Allardyce!

That was a short two weeks:lol:.

2 hours ago, hafnia said:

I agree with you: He's an absolute covfefe.

Surely the focus of every team is to finish the season in the highest possible position they can regardless of how they get there.

And surely every supporter wants to see there team finish as high up the league as possible, but ideally would like to see them achieve it with entertaining football, but if the football is poor that shouldn't impact on your ambition of wanting your team to finish in highest position they can.

So as a Everton supporter I want to see them finish as high as possible, to not care whether you finish seventh or seventeenth because your not happy with how the team played doesn't compute with me, you can bet any team and there supporters would be happier with seventh than eighth why wouldn't they.

The bigger issue with 7th is the early Europa start. What with the world cup this summer as well it' going to have even more of an impact than this season. 

Like Pad said earlier I am not sure we are organised enough as a club to have to deal with that again this summer. 

7 hours ago, Bailey said:

The bigger issue with 7th is the early Europa start. What with the world cup this summer as well it' going to have even more of an impact than this season. 

Like Pad said earlier I am not sure we are organised enough as a club to have to deal with that again this summer. 

When I become involved in a sport whether as a participant or spectator I want to win, I even try to use this philosophy in my business.

Why set out to fail because we think we are not good enough, the things you talk about you have no control on only the owners can affect them, but surely as a supporter you would want your club to finish seventh or higher not lower.

I take great pride in seeing our club play in the bigger competitions yes I'm disappointed, frustrated and throw my dummy out the pram when we do badly but that's just because I care, but there would be no circumstances that I wouldn't want to see them there.

3 minutes ago, Palfy said:

When I become involved in a sport whether as a participant or spectator I want to win, I even try to use this philosophy in my business.

Why set out to fail because we think we are not good enough, the things you talk about you have no control on only the owners can affect them, but surely as a supporter you would want your club to finish seventh or higher not lower.

I take great pride in seeing our club play in the bigger competitions yes I'm disappointed, frustrated and throw my dummy out the pram when we do badly but that's just because I care, but there would be no circumstances that I wouldn't want to see them there.

I agree completely and that is why I am quite conflicted about it.

Last year it was a good thing, we were stable, had a core playing squad and looked to be on the up. This year we are all over the place and just when we need some stability in the summer we will have another big disruption. 

If we dropped Allardyce, got a new man in to finish the season, showed a bit of form and a bit of promise, it might not be a bad thing but if we don't, we will have to find a new manager, get their players in, only have some of the playing squad in a couple of weeks before the season due to the world cup and have to worry about Europa. 

Sometimes being patient, getting organised and the foundations in place is more important than being part of a competition that is statistically very hard to win and also I would also guess statistically affects league form.

Let's just say this.... if there is a 10% chance allardyce gets to stay by finishing in the top 10 then I don't want it to happen. 

He has demoralised the fan base, demoralised the players, he can't manage a top club... like moyes he needs a club to have low expectations in order for him to be able to implement his style.  If they do get a bit of heightened expectations he is quick to dampen them in order to excuse his shite style and ethos. He did this at West ham... started taking pops at the fans.

We deserve to finish something like 12th.... only then may we see the knob heads running the club take the critical actions required.  The axe needs to fall on the staff, the CEO, the players, coaches etc etc.... not good enough.

We are making failures into multi millionaires. 

He is currently 26 minutes late to a press conference. Lots of people on Facebook hoping that he won't turn up because he has been sacked. 

The club asked the followers which starting team they would like to see against Burnley while we are waiting for the pc to start and 90% have answered another manager :D

He just said our poor away form stretched back to Martinez... I think you will find his last season was one of our best away seasons (and worst home).

He is trying to push the blame onto previous managers despite using two managers who switched the home/away form around with Koeman great at home compared to Martinez.

A good manager can change that level of form, home or away, and not blame previous managers.

8 minutes ago, Lowensda said:

This astounded me...for all the wrong reasons

The guy is unbelievable. "Very good position"? Clearly used to being in the relegation zones for too long...

Could you imagine him being here next season? People really think he'd be different and aim higher if given the resources and time... utter fucking bullshit. 

2 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

Could you imagine him being here next season? People really think he'd be different and aim higher if given the resources and time... utter fucking bullshit. 

Just look at Tosun. He's been given money. He's talking about selling him now. Proper cunt.

12 hours ago, Bailey said:

Who from our squad are realistically likely to be involved?

2 hours ago, Lowensda said:

This astounded me...for all the wrong reasons

The guy is unbelievable. "Very good position"? Clearly used to being in the relegation zones for too long...

He’s using this line by comparing to where we were when he took over and technically he’s correct- we are in a much healthier position than we were hiwever, one thing Everton fans are not is stupid and if he thinks that using that as leverage will work he is sorely mistaken. Let him keep talking, each quote is another nail in his coffin.

We should have have him a longer contract but with a fixed termination clause. Players know he's not here long term so gives him less power over them. Players will treat him like a supply teacher as some did Unsworth. 

Look at the players like Coleman and McCarthy standing out just by putting a shift on. The rest are mercenaries recruitment by a clown. How you meant to motivate them when you have no power to shift them and the clown who bought them is still in his post.

These players have been a disgrace under three managers. But nah, let's keep changing the manager until one magically makes these shitbag mercenaries put in a performance. 

Allardyce only came here for the money. We only need/want him short term. He’ll be gone by May and hopefully long forgotten.

Allardyce wouldn’t sign the 6month contract knowing there was more money to squeeze out of us. The 12 months we’d have to pay off is a drop in the ocean when weighed up against the Premier League millions.

It’s been the thing to do this season...

Allardyce to us.

Lambert to Stoke.

Moyes to West Ham (although this is the one that probably has some longevity).

Pardew to WBA.

Hodgson to Palace.

All appointments based purely on safety first regarding the prize money rather than ‘building a project’. All have proved massively underwhelming!