IGNORED

Richarlison

https://www.goodisonnews.com/2021/07/26/everton-set-77m-richarlison-valuation-as-real-madrid-set-their-sights-on-brazilian/

Who would be happy to sell at around £77M? (I know Real unlikely to have that sort of money), but hypothetically would it be a yes or no?.

It would have to be a 'yes' from me if we are indeed in need funds to this summer in order to buy.  

1 hour ago, RuffRob said:

https://www.goodisonnews.com/2021/07/26/everton-set-77m-richarlison-valuation-as-real-madrid-set-their-sights-on-brazilian/

Who would be happy to sell at around £77M? (I know Real unlikely to have that sort of money), but hypothetically would it be a yes or no?.

It would have to be a 'yes' from me if we are indeed in need funds to this summer in order to buy.  

Bite their hand off.

59 minutes ago, StevO said:

It would be a no for me. Only on the basis that we bought him for £50m and that’s the going rate for the likes of Ben White who’s not played at a high level very long. 

We didn't spend £50m on him though.

and 2021 transfer market is not the same as it was a couple of years ago. Its kind of relative  - this summer £77M will go as far as £100M would have gone a couple of seasons ago.  Most players value will have come down relative to each other. 

As an example, I imagine you might purchase Leon Baily and McNeil for £77M, maybe with some change this summer!!

1 hour ago, RuffRob said:

and 2021 transfer market is not the same as it was a couple of years ago. Its kind of relative  - this summer £77M will go as far as £100M would have gone a couple of seasons ago.  Most players value will have come down relative to each other. 

As an example, I imagine you might purchase Leon Baily and McNeil for £77M, maybe with some change this summer!!

I think if you look at it in the way you have in the last paragraph then it would be a yes for me. 

10 minutes ago, MikeO said:

"He's Brazilian, he only cost £35m (with potential add-ons making it up to £50m), but we think he's fucking brilliant...Richarlison."

Loses a bit that if I'm honest, not quite so catchy.

I’d love to see that being sung at Goodison 😂

2 hours ago, MikeO said:

Would be super cool if the lower Gwlad could sing the first bit and then fall silent while the upper "spoke" the bit in brackets before lower finished, but somewhat impracticle.

Fuck off, our fans are struggling with getting Gray’s name right so to expect that sort of synchronicity is pushing it too far!

On 26/07/2021 at 15:01, RuffRob said:

It would be a yes from me.

I like the guy he has a touch of quality but appears moody / petulant. 

The money would be handy.

Can't see any club offering that kind of cash but live in hope.

51 minutes ago, Matt said:

isn't he a full back? 

Anyway, Real always have money. They make too much money for the country to be allowed to not succeed. If they're interested, they'll cough up. 

I don't know this season. Some of the big clubs sound like they sail close the wind with their finances. The bigger your turnover then the bigger the financial hit from Covid. My guess is a lot of these European clubs have had there fingers we'll and truly burn. 

Not a surprise they really went for it with this Super League stuff. I think this year they realised how vulnerable they are to a change in their fortunes!! They now rely on the income sources that we are still only dreaming of.

8 hours ago, markjazzbassist said:

Real Madrid just got 41m for Varane, I think they will have enough dough.

Their finances aren't the best, however my point is more focused on the fact that we paid £35m and he's still under contract until 2024. My guess is a reasonable fee would be around double what we paid.  Real Madrid could get a lot more quality with £70m than Richarlison.

3 hours ago, Aidan said:

Their finances aren't the best, however my point is more focused on the fact that we paid £35m and he's still under contract until 2024. My guess is a reasonable fee would be around double what we paid.  Real Madrid could get a lot more quality with £70m than Richarlison.

Ancelotti obviosely likes to buy players he has worked with before. So would hazard a guess that Richy is somebody high on his radar.

I know we all agree that Olympics isn't that high a level in football, but the fact he seems to be bagging in goals for fun if we are looking to sell this summer. 

The lads going to be pretty goosed after all this football he has been playing. I can see his club form dipping this year.