IGNORED

Summer Transfer Window

Aidan

19 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

I'm getting concerned to say the least.....  all very well going last minute.com when you have a fundamentally sound team that needs a couple of players to strdgtjen/consolidate.

We need an overhaul, a culture change and that needs players in who can start in the pre season.  Things are very slow

3 hours ago, Hafnia said:

I'm getting concerned to say the least.....  all very well going last minute.com when you have a fundamentally sound team that needs a couple of players to strdgtjen/consolidate.

We need an overhaul, a culture change and that needs players in who can start in the pre season.  Things are very slow

We concentrate on Everton, but just look at the general transfer activity in the Premiership and other European leagues. The market is really flat - very few big moves yet. I think things will busy up a little once we are in to September.  Don't forget the window doesn't close until 5th Oct. I bet the fans of most clubs fell the same.

I think the only way to get transfer done quickly is to pay over the odds, but nobody really know what players 'values' currently are in this 'unusual' window. lets not get fleeced again!!. 

Unless there is progress in the early part of this week, the likelihood is that whoever we sign will have 1 game and 2 weeks of training. Even if that is someone like Allan who knows what Ancelotti wants, he will still need to get used to his teammates even before taking any cultural changes into account.

This window was never going to be ideal for any team but we have a lot more than other sides to address.

1 hour ago, RuffRob said:

We concentrate on Everton, but just look at the general transfer activity in the Premiership and other European leagues. The market is really flat - very few big moves yet. I think things will busy up a little once we are in to September.  Don't forget the window doesn't close until 5th Oct. I bet the fans of most clubs fell the same.

I think the only way to get transfer done quickly is to pay over the odds, but nobody really know what players 'values' currently are in this 'unusual' window. lets not get fleeced again!!. 

I concentrate on Everton because it's Everton's midfield that's a bag of shite and it'll be disastrous if we start the season with the same midfield players we ended it with. I fear a few spankings early on that will completely fuck our season before it's even begun.

2 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

I concentrate on Everton because it's Everton's midfield that's a bag of shite and it'll be disastrous if we start the season with the same midfield players we ended it with. I fear a few spankings early on that will completely fuck our season before it's even begun.

I don't think the Allan transfer is too far away by the sounds of it. All the noises seem to be fairly positive on this front, but I would like to see it done and dusted as I think he will be a biggest signing for us this summer. Considering how bad we where in the middle, he should make the single most impact on the team - a defensive midfielder who acts as a deep-lying player maker.  keen to see him integrated in to the team ASAP.

I think other transfer activities might be a bit slow and a bit of patience is going to be needed.  Just the way the market is going to be. 

5 minutes ago, RuffRob said:

I don't think the Allan transfer is too far away by the sounds of it. All the noises seem to be fairly positive on this front, but I would like to see it done and dusted as I think he will be a biggest signing for us this summer. Considering how bad we where in the middle, he should make the single most impact on the team - a defensive midfielder who acts as a deep-lying player maker.  keen to see him integrated in to the team ASAP.

I think other transfer activities might be a bit slow and a bit of patience is going to be needed.  Just the way the market is going to be. 

If we get Allan in before the Spurs game I’ll be more than content to wait longer for other signings. If not, then I’ll be extremely worried about our early games. 

4 hours ago, RuffRob said:

Our Spud seems to be doing all right early on though.

20 hours ago, Aidan said:

RB

Max Aarons (Norwich) - Another Norwich player. Lightening quick, a good dribbler and not a bad defender. Likely to cost around £20m but another good young option at RB for us. The question is would Kenny be worth taking a risk on instead of us going for another young RB?

Would be a good contest at RB.  Need to find a buyer for Jonjo.

CB

James Tarkowski (Burnley) - Has proved himself as a top Premier League defender in the past few years. Has a good range of passing and seems solid at the back. Burnley’s set up may make him look better than he is, and he may not be available on the cheap. I'd take him at Everton if it were a reasonable fee but could see him going elsewhere if he were to leave.

Sebastian Schonlau (Padderborn) - A stand out in a woeful relegated Padderborn. Schonlau is a no nonsense centre back which may not be a preferred style for Carlo. He is however reliable and could be paired with a ball player to get the best out of him. Could be available for a reasonable fee and would have low wages.

Don't think we should buy CBs from team who play a low block.  Not what we'll be playing and likely to be caught out like Keane.

RW

Lucas Ocampos - The already linked powerful left footed winger has scored 14 this season and set up 3. More of a forward than an out and out winger and would complement a 433.

Yes please.  Him and Richy as 2 of 3 would be immense.

8 hours ago, Hafnia said:

We're so hamstrung by bad deals and FFP it isn't funny.  If relegation weren't a thing (ie if this were in America) I can almost guarantee the club would just play kids, do any deals possible, run down the contracts and try to start again next year. 

3 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

If we get Allan in before the Spurs game I’ll be more than content to wait longer for other signings. If not, then I’ll be extremely worried about our early games. 

Someone in another thread mentioned about the 14 day quarantine rule. I presume Italy isn't part of that at the moment but he doesnt necessarily live there in the off season.

Not sure how that would impact the medical either?

Seems a bit odd given players can be tested regularly by the clubs.

2 hours ago, Bailey said:

Someone in another thread mentioned about the 14 day quarantine rule. I presume Italy isn't part of that at the moment but he doesnt necessarily live there in the off season.

I’m surprised governments haven’t dropped that for footballers coming in on private jets. I thought they would have been pushed on it with enough testing in place. 

2 hours ago, Bailey said:

It was me as was being discussed on Sky sports (general transfer not specific to Allan). I think he was in Spain so my son said last on holiday. Anyway I’m sure a medical could be done anywhere but the 14 day isolation from designated areas stands for all transfers. They stated there's is specific exemptions for sporting fixtures.

9 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

this 14 day quarantine foreign players have to do.  

That’s a government rule for anyone coming into the country from what is a growing list of countries. 

My mate recently came back from Spain and had to isolate for 14 days. There are quite a few countries now, seems to be growing daily.

7 minutes ago, StevO said:

That’s a government rule for anyone coming into the country from what is a growing list of countries. 

My mate recently came back from Spain and had to isolate for 14 days. There are quite a few countries now, seems to be growing daily.

it makes sense for business travelers.  but not for professional athletes are see medical staffs daily and are likely getting tests daily/weekly as well.  oh well, maybe we'll see Allan come christmas or maybe the new year

45 minutes ago, Shukes said:

They have made a few travelling football teams exempt. We will probably find they are tested upon entry to the country and allowed to attend a medical.

Of course this is based on my own speculation and ability to spout complete utter bull shit!

I’m sure I saw an article last week that the Shite have been given special permission not to self isolate after their pre season trip to Austria. PL. preferential treatment once again cough cough.

That could be my bit of bull shite of course if I’m wrong

51 minutes ago, jofanon said:

Pickford

TBC    Holgate     Mina     Digne

Gomes     Allan    Doucoure

Rodriquez  DCL    Richarlison 

Could well end up something like this.  I'd love Pickford to do one though.

No problem with Coleman in there, or Keane over Mina (no difference between the two of them for me).

Love it though.