IGNORED

Summer Transfer Window

Aidan

30 minutes ago, Bailey said:

With us I think this will always the biggest issue. I think it said we have the worst turnover to wages ratio in the league. 

Schneiderlin would have been on a few quid so at least that is one out the way but there is plenty of other dead wood that needs to go before we start making that ratio look a bit better!

Next summer is going to be a gold mine for us as so much in the way of wages will be gone. If we're spending now while we have so much shit floating around, imagine what would be possible next summer? Especially if we can manage to have a season that ends in a European place... 

3 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/everton-transfer-plan-doucoure-rodriguez-18901396

Considering they said we wouldn't be making any permanent signings this transfer window you can take this with a truckload of salt :lol: 

I can see us getting Zaha.   The relaxation of FFP and allowing it to be spread plus the fact that players are available at reduced price means I think we will stock up. 

5 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

Next summer is going to be a gold mine for us as so much in the way of wages will be gone. If we're spending now while we have so much shit floating around, imagine what would be possible next summer? Especially if we can manage to have a season that ends in a European place... 

Absolutely!! At worst we clear out Walcott on 100k, Sandro on 65k, and Bolasie on 75k. We could also be in a position to clear out Bernard on 120k, Gylfi on 100k, Delph on 80k and Tosun on 60k as they'll have one year left on their deals. 

11 hours ago, Hafnia said:

I can see us getting Zaha.   The relaxation of FFP and allowing it to be spread plus the fact that players are available at reduced price means I think we will stock up. 

I’ll be devastated if we bring Zaha in for same amount or more as Allan, Doucoure & Rodriguez to be honest. 

10 hours ago, AlbanyNYToffee said:

Absolutely!! At worst we clear out Walcott on 100k, Sandro on 65k, and Bolasie on 75k. We could also be in a position to clear out Bernard on 120k, Gylfi on 100k, Delph on 80k and Tosun on 60k as they'll have one year left on their deals. 

That there is 600k per week or 31,200,000 pounds. Absolutely insane waste of money.

7 hours ago, Btay said:

I’ll be devastated if we bring Zaha in for same amount or more as Allan, Doucoure & Rodriguez to be honest. 

But a transfer fee has to be relative to the situation. 
Real and Napoli didnt want to keep James and Allan, as well as contracts dwindling, so would take a cut price. 
Watford has been relegated and knew they couldn’t keep Doucoure so took a lower price. 
Palace want to keep Zaha and he’s their best player, so they will be pushing for more money. 
We got very lucky with the prices of the other three. 

16 minutes ago, StevO said:

But a transfer fee has to be relative to the situation. 
Real and Napoli didnt want to keep James and Allan, as well as contracts dwindling, so would take a cut price. 
Watford has been relegated and knew they couldn’t keep Doucoure so took a lower price. 
Palace want to keep Zaha and he’s their best player, so they will be pushing for more money. 
We got very lucky with the prices of the other three. 

Not lucky, well negotiated. They came for Carlo   

7 hours ago, Btay said:

Fact is mate, he would be a starter.  We have players like Walcott, bolassie, Sandro, iwobi on £400k a week and none are good enough to start of play every week. Clear all of them off the books except iwobi and he's paid for 

Zaha is proven year after year. HLTCO on twitter a big palace poster absolutely loves him ... Literally could not put a price on him. 

1 minute ago, Hafnia said:

Fact is mate, he would be a starter.  We have players like Walcott, bolassie, Sandro, iwobi on £400k a week and none are good enough to start of play every week. Clear all of them off the books except iwobi and he's paid for 

Zaha is proven year after year. HLTCO on twitter a big palace poster absolutely loves him ... Literally could not put a price on him. 

I don’t see him as a starter now. I wouldn’t put a price on him either, player trades are the only option. If we got rid of a few players and he came in, then it’s palatable. But for this season we don’t need him, so I’d rather see him, if at all, next season. 

11 minutes ago, Matt said:

I don’t see him as a starter now. I wouldn’t put a price on him either, player trades are the only option. If we got rid of a few players and he came in, then it’s palatable. But for this season we don’t need him, so I’d rather see him, if at all, next season. 

Zaha would definitely start in this side. The only winger competition would be from Richarlison. I guess it depends what happens with James and which formation we play but like Haf says he is a far better footballer than Walcott who starts most weeks.

I have just watched back some videos on  Zaha to see if there is anything to pick up on and I think the reason he isn't an £80mil player is because he does score enough. 

He is strong, quick, one of the best dribblers in the league (Hazard level), he can pick a pass well enough but isn't an elite level passer like KDB or Hazard are but he clearly understands the weight and timing of the pass and he can play anywhere across the front 3 attacking midfield positions. He also turns up in the big games, ripping Liverpool and City apart, leading to Klopp calling him world class and saying he needs to be double teamed. The problem is he doesn't score enough and even when he does score very few of the shots are what you would class as being elite level finishers. 

You watch Richarlison for a game and you can see he is a born finisher. His instincts are that of a striker and his finishing is more often than not as reliable as one. He isn't as good on the ball as Zaha but he is twice as clinical with it where it matters. 

Being in a better team would help Zaha in that it would take some attention off him and there generate him more space to play but I still don't think the technique or instinct is there at the moment. The challenge for him leaving Palace is going to be can he improve in that department because if he can could score and create 10+ goals a season. I could imagine a Sterling-esque transformation under the right manager albeit it will probably come a few years to late in his career.

22 minutes ago, Cisk said:

Anyone else have a little chuckle on looking back at the media links and thoughts to where our new signing levels were (Mings, Barkley, Fraser, Periera, Ivanovic ffs)...

Absolutely, I’ve found it interesting how the meeeja still sees us in a lesser light, did they really think Carlo was here to work with that calibre of player, and I still think we will see a couple more additions before the window closes.

2 hours ago, Cisk said:

Anyone else have a little chuckle on looking back at the media links and thoughts to where our new signing levels were (Mings, Barkley, Fraser, Periera, Ivanovic ffs)...

You missed Gana that would have a huge step backwards when you look at what we secured. But looking at your list I would have Barkley back in a heartbeat, he’s got massive ability and under Ancelotti he would have the right coaching and direction, which he didn’t get under Koeman. 

1 hour ago, Palfy said:

You missed Gana that would have a huge step backwards when you look at what we secured. But looking at your list I would have Barkley back in a heartbeat, he’s got massive ability and under Ancelotti he would have the right coaching and direction, which he didn’t get under Koeman. 

Nice try but not even one bite yet! 😉😂

it's wierd, we did our major transfers early (which is wonderful!)  so i thought the window was closed, but we still have 2+ weeks.  It ends October 5th.  Even if we blew the transfer kitty already i would still expect 1 loan for a CB with holgate and branthwaite injured and Gibson headed out on loan.  also i'm hoping to hear of some outgoings which has been really quiet.

IN: Allan, James, Doucoure
OUT: Schneiderlin, Hornby, Baines (retired), Dowell
LOAN IN: 
LOAN OUT: Markelo

YOUTH: Nkounkou
YOUTH pro deals: Markelo, Ouzounidis, Quirk, Kristensen, McAllister, Hagan, Onyango, Kouyate, Whitaker, Welch
CONTRACT EXT: Branthwaite, Keane, Gordon

OFFICIALLY RELEASED: Stekelenberg(Ajax), Niasse, Martina, Garbutt, Feeney (Sunderland), Denny (Salford), Foulds, Adedoyin (Sheff Wed), Mampala, Phillips (Huddersfield)

Side bar - Sidibe is heavily linked to West Ham, can't the hammers come in for walcott as well?!

1 minute ago, Romey 1878 said:

I'd be fine with it too. Actually had a conversation with my brother about it during the West Brom game.

I think he and Keane would be a good balance. Don’t watch England so no idea if they’ve played together before. 

apparently Rudiger might be leaving Chelsea, but don’t know much about him

58 minutes ago, AlbanyNYToffee said:

IN: Allan, James, Doucoure
OUT: Schneiderlin, Hornby, Baines (retired), Dowell
LOAN IN: 
LOAN OUT: Markelo

YOUTH: Nkounkou
YOUTH pro deals: Markelo, Ouzounidis, Quirk, Kristensen, McAllister, Hagan, Onyango, Kouyate, Whitaker, Welch
CONTRACT EXT: Branthwaite, Keane, Gordon

OFFICIALLY RELEASED: Stekelenberg(Ajax), Niasse, Martina, Garbutt, Feeney (Sunderland), Denny (Salford), Foulds, Adedoyin (Sheff Wed), Mampala, Phillips (Huddersfield)

Side bar - Sidibe is heavily linked to West Ham, can't the hammers come in for walcott as well?!

i wouldn't consider nkounkou a youth, he's a first team player.