IGNORED

Crystal Palace (Home) Sunday October 21st

markjazzbassist

Was prepared for a 0-0 draw at the end there. Thought it was a tough game, Palace very well organised and made it very tough. Zaha was a constant thorn in our side. Level above Palace that lad.

The ref had a mare I thought. From the first whistle to the last.

But well made up with the win! Especially as I'd resigned it to a draw.

Some nice performances out there but we are still not firing on all cylinders, I reckon. And still have it in us to kick ourselves in the bollocks.

Really looking forward to seeing Silva develop this team. Maybe in the 2nd half if the season it will flow a bit smoother but even this is 100 times better than last season.

Very frustrating game from our point of view. We started well but then we just drifted and sporadically came to life. Fortunately we got the job done and that’s what really matters. 

Zaha though is an absolute cunt. Diving little shit and moaned for everything like he’s entitled, but then goes round fouling everyone in sight. 

Not our best game but we’ve come away with all 3 points, we looked too ponderous in the first half, much better in the second.

Gomes looked composed but needs to release the ball quicker.

never thought we were going to loose, was a bit worried when Gomes went off that Gana could pick up another booking, I  liked the way we switched who was marking Zaha on our corners to keep the pressure off Gana.

We are still a work in progress but it’s exciting to watch, we look like creating chances more often than not, and our level of expectations have risen. All good in my book.

1 hour ago, Peter H said:

All im taking with me is 3 straight wins. 

No team in this league is going to play 100% every game.

Difference is now we have played regular players at the back so we are leaking less goals. Manager is willing to bring on game changers when players arnt firing.

2-0 win in a game we were no where near our best, is a sign of a good team. ( that can get a lot better )

the game was entertaining enough I am sure,   I thought Bernard was doing ok until he ran into the hoardings  he has a lot of skill  it will not be long before he is in the goal scoring mode I think, he was not great today though.  None of our players were that good to be fair but the performance was good enough to get the three points.

18 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

Just watched the 20 min highlight.  Glad we won.  

18 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

Just watched the 20 min highlight.  Glad we won.  

I should be able to watch the game in its entirety tonight in Australia so I've been informed, same as Mark we are beginning to put a nice little run together. 

1 hour ago, Palfy said:

I should be able to watch the game in its entirety tonight in Australia so I've been informed, same as Mark we are beginning to put a nice little run together. 

Unfortunately for us, Optus has the right for the football so you need an account through them and the app to watch live!

1 hour ago, aaron said:

It proper went off when Tosun scored the second. Don't get me wrong it was a big celebration when DCL scored but that second one had the entire ground shaking, was fucking great. UP THE FUCKING TOFFEES

Its been a very long time, hasnt it?

2 hours ago, aaron said:

It proper went off when Tosun scored the second. Don't get me wrong it was a big celebration when DCL scored but that second one had the entire ground shaking, was fucking great. UP THE FUCKING TOFFEES

Good to hear, That sort of reaction really shows the new boys the kind of club we are.

Loved the first goal yesterday. Keane and zouma staying up after a set piece, Keane winning a hanging header, falls to Lookman, Keane runs back in the box and zouma hangs on the edge of the area. We had 7 players in the box when DCL scored that goal. 

What did we have? 20 shots? Granted not all on target but the foundation are there and what's breath of fresh air it is from last season with he whose name may not be spoken. The freedom that Silva is allowing the team to play with and allowing the forwards to express themselves is brilliant,band if we can keep up with the clean sheets we could be a team to be reckoned with. 

These things take time and it's so important to stick with Silva when the going gets tough (we will go through a dry spell eventually), we've seen the ambition in practise and the players can only get better when they begin to gel more. If we get behind him and allow Brands to do his thing we can build this squad together and aim for where we want to be. 

Well excited.

4 hours ago, Aidan said:

We had 7 players in the box when DCL scored that goal.

This has been a maddening Everton weakness over the past several seasons.  Too often we have had 1 or 2, only very occasionally 3 at most, players in the opponent’s box awaiting a cross during regular run of play.

When Digne and Coleman in particular carry the ball down the flank and are about to send in a cross, I want to see at least 3 Everton attackers in the box.  A 4th at edge of box, ok.

1 hour ago, Elston Gunnn said:

This has been a maddening Everton weakness over the past several seasons.  Too often we have had 1 or 2, only very occasionally 3 at most, players in the opponent’s box awaiting a cross during regular run of play.

When Digne and Coleman in particular carry the ball down the flank and are about to send in a cross, I want to see at least 3 Everton attackers in the box.  A 4th at edge of box, ok.

It’s this type of freedom why Barkley is starting to look good at chelsea. Look at where he got his goal from the other day. Last season he seemed to be restricted in his play.

We are letting out players play to their strengths. Richarlison is greedy, Bernard runs into walls, Gana gets out of position.... but it doesn’t matter as their strengths are far more important to the team than their tiny negatives.

3 hours ago, Shukes said:

It’s this type of freedom why Barkley is starting to look good at chelsea. Look at where he got his goal from the other day. Last season he seemed to be restricted in his play.

We are letting out players play to their strengths. Richarlison is greedy, Bernard runs into walls, Gana gets out of position.... but it doesn’t matter as their strengths are far more important to the team than their tiny negatives.

Barkley has strikers who can move.... that's the thing. 

6 hours ago, Elston Gunnn said:

We actually practice this in the warm-up before the game under Silva. Digne and Coleman (or whoever is playing RB) put crosses in for our attackers to attack.

16 hours ago, Wiggytop said:

I liked the way Siggy was just outside the box on our corners ( when he wasn't taking them) ready to pick up any clearances and ready to shoot, nothing really fell to him, but they will in time, and who better at the moment than him ?

I was made up he wasn't on corners! Someone who can strike a ball at goal or even challenge for the ball in the air shouldn't be on corners for me.