IGNORED

Next Everton manager: the wisdom of TT.

Your choice of Everton manager  

44 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you prefer to be Everton's next manager? Please nominate your top five choices.

• Rafael Benitez
    • Marcelo Bielsa
    • Sergio Conceicao
    • Antonio Conte
    • Lucien Favre
    • Duncan Ferguson
    • Paulo Fonseca
    • Christopher Galtier
    • Rudi Garcia
    • Eddie Howe
    • Frank Lampard
    • Roberto Martinez
    • David Moyes
    • Scott Parker
    • Andrea Pirlo
    • Graham Potter
    • Ralph Rangnick
    • Claudio Ranieri
    • Nuno Espirito Santo
    • Maurizio Sarri

This poll is closed to new votes

I always found Rafa to come across like a right arrogant prick. I mean, maybe we need something like that. Dunno.

But I just don't see the attraction. He's had his day. Respected him more when he stuck with Newcastle when they went down, so he has loyalty. He wanted to do a job for them but working with Mike Ashley must be a pain in the arse.

All his accolades where 2001 - 2010. With a couple more dotted in the few years after. But fuck all since.

His declining record makes it unattractive. The Liverpool connection kills it off for me.

1 minute ago, Newty82 said:

I always found Rafa to come across like a right arrogant prick. I mean, maybe we need something like that. Dunno.

But I just don't see the attraction. He's had his day. Respected him more when he stuck with Newcastle when they went down, so he has loyalty. He wanted to do a job for them but working with Mike Ashley must be a pain in the arse.

All his accolades where 2001 - 2010. With a couple more dotted in the few years after. But fuck all since.

His declining record makes it unattractive. The Liverpool connection kills it off for me.

He's a fat Spanish waiter and you're on vacation struggling your way to order some pOtAtoes BrAvAS and he just brings you sardines.

Just now, Romey 1878 said:

I just cannot get my head around this at all.

It would put a massive amount pressure on him (Rafa) and the players (players that do not handle pressure well at all, I might add) right from the off. If they don't fire from the first game or two things are will turn nasty very quickly. I'd say 90% (a conservative guess) of the fan base do not want this appointment, so if it gets rocky things are going to be unbearable and it's going to turn nasty.

I'm praying this appointment doesn't happen.

Thinking back to how toxic it was at Goodison for Robertos last few games, imagine what it would be like if it was Rafa in the dug out? Unbearable!

1 minute ago, Romey 1878 said:

It would put a massive amount pressure on him (Rafa) and the players (players that do not handle pressure well at all, I might add) right from the off. If they don't fire from the first game or two things are will turn nasty very quickly. I'd say 90% (a conservative guess) of the fan base do not want this appointment, so if it gets rocky things are going to be unbearable and it's going to turn nasty.

It wont, so many pundits saying it would be a massive mistake that even if it was serious Moshiri could not make it now.

2 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

As someone who thinks that Benitez is at the top(ish) of a painfully depressing list, I do agree totally with the bit in bold. He's going to be under more pressure than any Everton manager in history, working with players who are also going to be under insane pressure.

Our "easy" start to the season could get seriously toxic, seriously quickly.

It just depresses me how we don't seem to have really looked outside of the UK. Gallardo at River Plate? Galtier at Lille? Ten Hag at Ajax? 

3 minutes ago, StevO said:

Thinking back to how toxic it was at Goodison for Robertos last few games, imagine what it would be like if it was Rafa in the dug out? Unbearable!

They were the worst days I've known in my lifetime, going to the ground was just horrible - like, uncomfortable to sit through.

The thought of that, but multiplied by 10 is making my knees wobble.

Just now, Romey 1878 said:

I am praying to,

It would also hammer home that those running the club really don't seem to understand it. He would be the most divisive manager they could appoint.

He has built up his pension fund in china, and is now ready to put on his slippers and enjoy his retirement on Merseyside with his family while Everton conveniently top up his pension pot. 

8 minutes ago, StevO said:

Martinez is the other name still being mentioned.

7 minutes ago, London Blue said:

It wont, so many pundits saying it would be a massive mistake that even if it was serious Moshiri could not make it now.

I have my fingers crossed the negative reaction get through to them. Maybe Jim White leak was to test the water.

It might be worth a few quid on Nuno now at 6/1.

22 minutes ago, StevO said:

My issue there is if he did a great job with Newcastle then Nuno should be the man, as he was even more successful with Wolves. 

Nuno had his agent pulling strings for him in the transfer market and an owner willing to bank roll him to the hilt, it would have taken a very poor manager not to get the promoted. From what I have read he did a really good job for 18 months and then the wheels started falling off

Benitez had no backing at all from his owner , which is why he left, and had to rebuild on a shoestring budget so not sure that’s a fair comparison 

Im not sure about Raffa the gaffer, but i will give it a go if the board think its worth a shot.

I have been wrong about our last 5 managers, who i thought were right at the time, as have most people on here.

They must have been impressed with the interview, to want to take the anti Raffa salvo that was sure to follow.

At the moment we are a mid table club and have to deal with it. We got a top coach 'Ancel, what a lotti money' and he decides he can't hack the challenge, catches the board unaware. Not many 'top' managers out there but fans generally want a manager who is likely to take us on to what we fans think the club is capable of and desperately needs. Conte, probably not but gut says Rafa would be up for the challenge.

Also, remember guys that all of this is pure speculation. No quotes. Nothing official. The press have been having a mare with a few clubs in recent weeks regarding managers.

It's almost like no fucker wants to talk to the press anymore. Now that would be amazing.

2 minutes ago, Newty82 said:

Also, remember guys that all of this is pure speculation. No quotes. Nothing official. The press have been having a mare with a few clubs in recent weeks regarding managers.

It's almost like no fucker wants to talk to the press anymore. Now that would be amazing.

Jim White reported it and his relationship with Moshiri would surely mean there is or was something in it. 

My darkest days being an Evertonian were the days of Mike Walker, obviously the majority of you won’t remember them but for those who had to live through them days having Benitez here doesn’t phase me one bit or the return of Bobby, they are both decent managers, my only concern with Benitez is will he still be a draw for the better players to want to come here, I fear not so, so for that reason we should give him a miss. 

Loads of heartfelt stuff in here but personally I just want it done and will fully support whoever gets the job until they give me reason not to (unless Sam came back, *shudders*). Some would start with more goodwill than others but that's their problem, not mine.

2 minutes ago, Palfy said:

My darkest days being an Evertonian were the days of Mike Walker, obviously the majority of you won’t remember them but for those who had to live through them days having Benitez here doesn’t phase me one bit or the return of Bobby, they are both decent managers, my only concern with Benitez is will he still be a draw for the better players to want to come here, I fear not so, so for that reason we should give him a miss. 

I needed therapy after Mike Walker 😒

2 minutes ago, Palfy said:

Mate I've told you before, it's "faze". Get with the programme!

18 minutes ago, RuffRob said:

I have my fingers crossed the negative reaction get through to them. Maybe Jim White leak was to test the water.

It might be worth a few quid on Nuno now at 6/1.

Been thinking for a while that Everton simply using this whole scenario to fund the transfer kitty.  Whoever was at 200/1 3 weeks ago is sure to come in and we'll see contract Dave coming from the bookies with a sack of cash.

As much as I am grateful to Moshiri for the money and the stadium, the fact that he supposidly can't keep his fingers out of the footballing side of things is a massive concern for me. It reminds me of the PM's on "The Apprentice" who have the entire team telling them that a cardigan for bumblebees won't sell to the masses yet they go ahead and do it anyway. 

You've got Marcel Brands at the club who rebuilt PSV and toppled Ajax, yet it seems as though he had no real power in the big decisions at Everton which I really can't get my head around and is incompetency at its finest.

We've known it for a while but we're such a mess, an absolute swamp of shit decisions.

10 minutes ago, Palfy said:

Having remembered Walker and Bobby, one thing I remember from both is that the fans seemed to be unanimous when they were for the managers and against them. If we were to appoint Benitez we would be very much split. And i hate to see Evertonians arguing and fighting with each other at Goodison. I don’t want to see that.