IGNORED

Next Everton manager: the wisdom of TT.

Your choice of Everton manager  

44 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you prefer to be Everton's next manager? Please nominate your top five choices.

• Rafael Benitez
    • Marcelo Bielsa
    • Sergio Conceicao
    • Antonio Conte
    • Lucien Favre
    • Duncan Ferguson
    • Paulo Fonseca
    • Christopher Galtier
    • Rudi Garcia
    • Eddie Howe
    • Frank Lampard
    • Roberto Martinez
    • David Moyes
    • Scott Parker
    • Andrea Pirlo
    • Graham Potter
    • Ralph Rangnick
    • Claudio Ranieri
    • Nuno Espirito Santo
    • Maurizio Sarri

This poll is closed to new votes

My only solace in this, was our last manager search appeared to be a shitshow of uninspiring names and out of nowhere we hired Carlo. Hopefully the powers that be are in the process of doing what they do, while the media speculates on the weekly "Insert_Name_Here to Everton all but done" appointments.

Not expecting a Don Carlo type of hire, but I'd sure like to be surprised should we announce a solid hire that wasn't mentioned in the Twitterverse HR department

2 minutes ago, Ghoat said:

My only solace in this, was our last manager search appeared to be a shitshow of uninspiring names and out of nowhere we hired Carlo. Hopefully the powers that be are in the process of doing what they do, while the media speculates on the weekly "Insert_Name_Here to Everton all but done" appointments.

Not expecting a Don Carlo type of hire, but I'd sure like to be surprised should we announce a solid hire that wasn't mentioned in the Twitterverse HR department

Is there still a manager left out there that hasn’t been mentioned 😆

18 minutes ago, Ghoat said:

But look how that turned out.

I don't even care who we get anymore, that's how arsed I am about the realistic candidates.

Rafa I think will be more suited to most options. I'd rather us gamble on a young upcoming manager, but Rafa probably has the best CV out of the bunch. 

Someone mentioned in a previous post about the fan base being split, forgive me I cannot be bothered to look back to see who it was. Whatever manager we employ the fan base will be split. The club can't please everyone.

I just wonder if we're waiting for the Euro's to finish.

16 minutes ago, Makis said:

Steve Bruce has done better than Benitez at Newcastle so anyone who thinks Benitez could be a good signing, maybe we should approach him instead?

But he hasn't, I crunched the stats very recently to prove that to be false.

https://www.toffeetalk.com/topic/32770-next-everton-manager-the-wisdom-of-tt/page/6/?tab=comments#comment-748916

Oh Jesus, are we really looking at Rafa?

Rafa's last really high level success was at Liverpool and then Valencia after that. Since then he has gone from club to club, doing OK but never really kicking on. 

It isn't like he hasn't had some success at those clubs. He did OK at Chelsea, it seems he did well for a year at Napoli and in his spell at Newcastle he did what he was expected to achieve for all that Steve Bruce has matched it whilst playing better football. He certainly isn't the worst manager on the list.

I just really do not think his appointment is a good fit for this club. He is boring, his football is boring, he has a bit of an abnoxious air about him in the media. He buggered off to China for the money and I question how much desire he would have for this project in the same way I was unsure about Carlo's. 

It is also a concern about the rumours about Mohsiri as Benitez clearly isnt going to have been a Kenwright or Brands selection. It feels like Mohsiri just wants the biggest "Hollywood" name he can get rather than what fits with this club.

20 minutes ago, Newty82 said:

Yeah. So when I heard him talk about the continuation from youth to transfers to style of play and getting the right manager to fit that rather than change it...I just thought that's the exact opposite to what we've done the last 5 years. 

This bloody club.

That fits in with the approach Brands took at PSV by appointing Cocu too.

2 hours ago, Aidan said:

Someone mentioned in a previous post about the fan base being split, forgive me I cannot be bothered to look back to see who it was. Whatever manager we employ the fan base will be split. The club can't please everyone.

I think your underestimating how split it would be. There are fans who want Potter or Duncan and fans who don’t want both, they won’t all be happy but would accept it and that’s normal. But if we got Rafa there would be some fans who are happy and there would be some fans who would be angry. I don’t just mean they don’t want the manager, I mean angry to the point he could win a trophy in his first season and they wouldn’t celebrate. Giving him the job would be more divisive than all the Kirkby shit that went on with Bill in my opinion. It’s a problem the club don’t need. We need solidarity and Rafa cannot bring that to Everton. 

2 hours ago, Aidan said:

I don't even care who we get anymore, that's how arsed I am about the realistic candidates.

Rafa I think will be more suited to most options. I'd rather us gamble on a young upcoming manager, but Rafa probably has the best CV out of the bunch. 

I just wonder if we're waiting for the Euro's to finish.

That was me. And it still stands true. No matter who we bring in, I don't see them lasting the season unless we're flying in the league. There hasn't been one option mentioned that gets everyone really excited, and that just points to the supporters eventually (or quickly) turning on whoever gets the job. 

My mindset for this season is that it's going to be a disaster, and if it isn't, I'll be pleasantly surprised. Under promise, over deliver.

2 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

It wouldn't surprise me if it's true, it's going to split everyone which is why it's a terrible idea - it just will not work.

Please walk away from this Everton, you're creating more problems if you do this.

If he was the only option then I'd understand.... But he isn't.  I wouldn't have been against it from a safety perspective but he will not get any time to get things right, the first sign of bad form and he will see some shite going his way.