IGNORED

Next Everton manager: the wisdom of TT.

Your choice of Everton manager  

44 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you prefer to be Everton's next manager? Please nominate your top five choices.

• Rafael Benitez
    • Marcelo Bielsa
    • Sergio Conceicao
    • Antonio Conte
    • Lucien Favre
    • Duncan Ferguson
    • Paulo Fonseca
    • Christopher Galtier
    • Rudi Garcia
    • Eddie Howe
    • Frank Lampard
    • Roberto Martinez
    • David Moyes
    • Scott Parker
    • Andrea Pirlo
    • Graham Potter
    • Ralph Rangnick
    • Claudio Ranieri
    • Nuno Espirito Santo
    • Maurizio Sarri

This poll is closed to new votes

24 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

Not convinced on the Lukaku / Moyes relationship tbh.    Lukaku would have hated the demands of Moyes and Moyes would not have tolerates Lukakus indifference to workrate. 

We seen this with Yakubu.  Moyes loves a hard grafter up front to help the attacking mids get chances. 

Did we though?

The Yaks Everton career was exactly the same as it was at every other club he signed for, superb for 12 to 18 months then lost interest and became an oxygen thief 

During his first year at the club he was banging them in for fun and there was no sign that Moyes wanted him running the channels 

12 hours ago, Palfy said:

Are you still talking wages bill here or transfers or both, I’m getting slightly confused, because we were for a long time under Moyes one of the team’s that had the smallest transfer budget for years. Also we were a selling club under Moyes, not only did he have to contend with very little money to spend he had to over come players been sold, yet without the need for a DoF he brought players in for little money and made sure they left for big money, yet still managed to keep us in the hunt for top 6 finish, I find it rich after what we’ve witnessed in the last 5 years with the money spent the managers we’ve had the DoF, that people would consider Moyes in someway a failure in the time he was with us and the restraints he had to work with. 

We are talking about wages. 

In terms of transfers, every single one of the 'best of the rest' sides were selling clubs. Some of them, like Villa and Portsmouth ended up being completely stripped of their assets by their owners. 

My view is that we benefitted from a stable squad, manager and owner during that time.

Fwiw I don't think anyone saw Moyes as a failure, it was more of a case of what we did was as good as we were going to get regardless of the players bought and the money spent. I think that has been borne out a little by what has happened to Moyes since where he has in effect had 1 successful season.

I also think that once the players in that squad came to the end of their careers (Jags, Distin, Howard, Baines, Neville, Osman, Pienaar, Hibbert, Heitinga) it would would have been very difficult for Moyes to maintain that success. Ultimately where we have failed since is that we haven't had a stable squad, stable manager and to an extent a stable owner. 

2 hours ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

Did we though?

The Yaks Everton career was exactly the same as it was at every other club he signed for, superb for 12 to 18 months then lost interest and became an oxygen thief 

During his first year at the club he was banging them in for fun and there was no sign that Moyes wanted him running the channels 

It’s the second year they run the channels. Probably did his Achilles in chasing a lost ball to the corner flag. 😂

The club will of course deny all possibility that he could have ever been our manager. 

Far too much noise about it not to be true. 

The fact that he was considered shows how disjointed the process is .... Hopefully brands is taking control of the process now. 

I for one have had enough of Spanish, Italian, Portuguese, Dutch, etc non have have proved to be good appointments.

Lets stick to home grown for once, give it to Potter, very well thought of, young, and enthusiastic, and wont break the bank.