IGNORED

Next Everton manager: the wisdom of TT.

Your choice of Everton manager  

44 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you prefer to be Everton's next manager? Please nominate your top five choices.

• Rafael Benitez
    • Marcelo Bielsa
    • Sergio Conceicao
    • Antonio Conte
    • Lucien Favre
    • Duncan Ferguson
    • Paulo Fonseca
    • Christopher Galtier
    • Rudi Garcia
    • Eddie Howe
    • Frank Lampard
    • Roberto Martinez
    • David Moyes
    • Scott Parker
    • Andrea Pirlo
    • Graham Potter
    • Ralph Rangnick
    • Claudio Ranieri
    • Nuno Espirito Santo
    • Maurizio Sarri

This poll is closed to new votes

3 hours ago, Bill said:

His talents are clouded by his affinity to the redshite, If he hadn't managed Liverpool most people would accept him here and now.  Seems a very minor reason for some people not to want him as a manager.

If I owned a garage and was interviewing a mechanic for a job, If he was good enough I wouldn't refuse him the job because he had previously worked for the garage round the corner.  Its all a bit silly and very childish isn't it.

But a bit of tribalism, the 'us' and 'them' banter is all part of football and it's charm - so it's a bit disingenuous to call people silly or very childish for considering his past allegiances as part of the make up of why they don't want him as a manager. 

If he was a stand out candidate in the here and now - say like Brendan Rodger, then yes maybe we would be cutting of our noses a little to spit our faces, but a good proportion of people are not mad on his football or the bloke himself. 

10 minutes ago, Cornish Steve said:

How many trophies did he win there? How many times did his team finish above us, or in the top half of the table?

A manager’s expectations are largely determined by their resources. Nobody in their right mind would have been expecting Newcastle to immediately compete for trophies or finish really high up the table. Was Moyes a failure because we never won anything under him? Context matters. 

1 hour ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

He only left Newcastle 2 years ago and by all accounts did an excellent job there , hence the Geordie love in with him 🤷🏻‍♂️

He defo didn’t fix any cars there! I’ve had a Geordie tell me Callum Wilson should be in the England team and Dubravka is better than Pickford this week. They’ll love anyone up there. 

1 hour ago, Cornish Steve said:

How many trophies did he win there? How many times did his team finish above us, or in the top half of the table?

Zero context in that question but regarding trophies one more trophy than Kendall( minus his first reign obviously ) Harvey, Moyes, Koeman, Martinez, Silva and Carlo combined at Everton 

11 minutes ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

Zero context in that question but regarding trophies one more trophy than Kendall( minus his first reign obviously ) Harvey, Moyes, Koeman, Martinez, Silva and Carlo combined at Everton 

A trophy which has been impossible for us to win.

16 minutes ago, Zoo 2.0 said:

One, to be exact.

6 minutes ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

So are you guys really saying you'd like us to get relegated so we can have a stab at the Championship title to break the trophy drought? If you include that the likes of Sunderland, West Brom, Reading, QPR, Burnley and Norwich (and Newcastle) have had more "success"  than us in recent times. Don't think so (though I admire your pedantry:D).

2 hours ago, Shukes said:

What if before he left the garage round the corner…. He laughed at yours and made you feel that your garage was beneath him?

And his last few jobs he did at that previous garage…. We’re ok ish! And he lost his job as they didn’t feel he was good enough. Add to that he has been signing on for the last six months because no one wanted him to work in their garage.

And he kicks cats when they cross his path, and hates puppies!

He can kick as many cats 🐈‍⬛ as he wants but if he harms a puppy 🐶 I’ll knock him out 🥊

1 hour ago, chicagoblue said:

Has been for a week.  Club just gone silent to give the fans a change huff and puff themselves out.  Maybe also to line up a few sweeteners in the pot.

He's self isolating in Italy.  Would have been confirmed if not for that reason.

Confirmed to me by a bonafide ITK tonight.   

9 hours ago, Haiku said:

I think he's past his prime. His tactics are a bit outdated, much like Mourinho, but to say he's shit is not justified. He has won continental trophies with 3 different teams, and none of them was the ultimate powerhouse. I think he's capable manager and surely can bring some stability at Everton (he proved that with Newcastle). If you asked me who I would chose between Ancelotti and Rafa, and that before we appointed the Italian, I would have said Rafa. He is the better tactical mind, but no, I don't want him either.

He has tactics ? Well that’s unusual for us to pick a manager with tactics get him in and let’s see what happens. 

23 minutes ago, MikeO said:

So are you guys really saying you'd like us to get relegated so we can have a stab at the Championship title to break the trophy drought? If you include that the likes of Sunderland, West Brom, Reading, QPR, Burnley and Norwich (and Newcastle) have had more "success"  than us in recent times. Don't think so (though I admire your pedantry:D).

No at all but there was no context in the original question so I answered in kind, fact remains though that he has won far more trophies than Everton Football Club in the past 30 years

17 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

He's self isolating in Italy.  Would have been confirmed if not for that reason.

Seems dubious considering he has tweeted that he was at home in the Wirral last week and is supposedly in negotiations with Moshiri in London

Not sure why that would matter anyway ?

1 hour ago, Hafnia said:

My Dad was talking to JonJoe Kenny’s agent this morning. Lives a few doors down from him. He’s very much ITK around a few clubs in the north, Everton in particular as he’s a lifelong blue. The agent that is.  
He didn’t have a clue though. 
😂

None of that’s a lie by the way. Just thought I’d throw it in here for the laugh. 

9 hours ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

Seems dubious considering he has tweeted that he was at home in the Wirral last week and is supposedly in negotiations with Moshiri in London

Not sure why that would matter anyway ?

That tweet was 6th June.  Anyhow it's done as far as I'm concerned - I was hoping we were still looking but clearly not.