IGNORED

Next Everton manager: the wisdom of TT.

Your choice of Everton manager  

44 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you prefer to be Everton's next manager? Please nominate your top five choices.

• Rafael Benitez
    • Marcelo Bielsa
    • Sergio Conceicao
    • Antonio Conte
    • Lucien Favre
    • Duncan Ferguson
    • Paulo Fonseca
    • Christopher Galtier
    • Rudi Garcia
    • Eddie Howe
    • Frank Lampard
    • Roberto Martinez
    • David Moyes
    • Scott Parker
    • Andrea Pirlo
    • Graham Potter
    • Ralph Rangnick
    • Claudio Ranieri
    • Nuno Espirito Santo
    • Maurizio Sarri

This poll is closed to new votes

5 hours ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

He would appear to be the exception to the rule. Stephen Warnock was interviewed on Sky and he criticised his man management. He had a big fall out with Xabi Alonso because he wouldn’t allow him to be at his wife’s bedside for his kids berth then tried to bomb him out of Liverpool. He had a fall out with James Rodriguez at Real because he refused to come back early for preseason training after playing in the Copa America and dropped. Stephen Gerrard has also commented on his frostiness and said he has never had any connection with him in his book

Gerrard has since said it was brilliant man management- he knew how to get the best out of him by being that way. 

Glenn Johnson said the same as did Torres.

Basically he doesn't pander to his players.  I don't have an issue with that given our club.  It's piss weak. 

We could go and get another manager who is one of the boys who lets them walk off the pitch holding hands and laughing with the opponent's. 

1 hour ago, Hafnia said:

Gerrard has since said it was brilliant man management- he knew how to get the best out of him by being that way. 

Glenn Johnson said the same as did Torres.

Basically he doesn't pander to his players.  I don't have an issue with that given our club.  It's piss weak. 

We could go and get another manager who is one of the boys who lets them walk off the pitch holding hands and laughing with the opponent's. 

We had that in koeman it didn’t change a thing

57 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

He did alright with no budget at Barca.  I don’t think he’s shit.

He's shit.  Barca? Got the best player in the world and fucked Suarez off to go and win the league with athletico...... Typical koeman. 

Why meekly accept a repeat of this? Terrible man-management, unattractive style, bizarre substitutions, squandering cash in the transfer market... I quote:

Maybe with a similar footballing brain he could do well to replace Big Sam at Blackburn.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/400636-liverpool-manager-rafa-benitez-the-most-overrated-one

Why should a few thugs dictate to EFC, all the more now i want him appointed. (though im not a fan of his)

If you give into this we are finished as a club, and might just as well let all the lunatics run the asylum.

Absolutely disgusted by the banner outside his house, also reflects bad on the city, fuelling the myth its run by thugs.  

22 minutes ago, Tonsta said:

Why should a few thugs dictate to EFC, all the more now i want him appointed. (though im not a fan of his)

If you give into this we are finished as a club, and might just as well let all the lunatics run the asylum.

Absolutely disgusted by the banner outside his house, also reflects bad on the city, fuelling the myth its run by thugs.  

On the one hand I agree with the sentiment of going against the idiots, but this is the kind of crap the club should have expected with this appointment. I don’t agree with the reaction of some idiots, but I fully expected it. I don’t expect it to stop either. I expect banners at the first home game too. 

This was all very avoidable by just not hiring him. 

Some fans might want him, but the level of hate from others just isn’t worth it. It won’t be any fun to see the arguing, and no doubt fighting, in the stands over this. If there aren’t fans shouting at each other about supporting the team and not booing and all the rest then I’ll be shocked. I’m absolutely dreading going back to Goodison. That hurts because it’s been one thing I’ve looked forward to for this last 18 months. 

18 hours ago, markjazzbassist said:

He did alright with no budget at Barca.  I don’t think he’s shit.

Sorry I tagged you MJB - can't get rid of quote post on phone 

Anyway.....  Are we 100% that this sign outside his house was an Everton fan?  Seriously.... Some LFC fans would hate this to happen and what a convenient way to tarnish our club?

I'm not saying our fabs are saints, far from it but the conclusion seems to be it was an Everton fan. 

Dickheads everywhere. You'll always get some in every walk of life. Do my nut in. I don't want the guy at the club but no need for anything other than your right to express your opinion.

It's obviously going to be Rafa otherwise someone would have said otherwise with all this speculation.

He needs to hit the ground running. More than any manager before him, he's going to need to hit the right notes in the first 4 - 6 games just to settle it all a bit. No ifs or buts. That's huge pressure on the players. And we know what this bunch of players are like with pressure.

And like others have already said, the PR around this needs to be absolutely bang on. Any sniff of scripted false words and the pressure will intensify.

It is disgusting and I am angry as the press will make this look like we are all a bunch of thugs.

Protest properly, not this vile abuse.

Yes it is  a crime (harassment or public order offences to name but two possible offenses.), although sadly catching them will prove difficult as we have to identify who did it.