IGNORED

Next Everton manager: the wisdom of TT.

Your choice of Everton manager  

44 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you prefer to be Everton's next manager? Please nominate your top five choices.

• Rafael Benitez
    • Marcelo Bielsa
    • Sergio Conceicao
    • Antonio Conte
    • Lucien Favre
    • Duncan Ferguson
    • Paulo Fonseca
    • Christopher Galtier
    • Rudi Garcia
    • Eddie Howe
    • Frank Lampard
    • Roberto Martinez
    • David Moyes
    • Scott Parker
    • Andrea Pirlo
    • Graham Potter
    • Ralph Rangnick
    • Claudio Ranieri
    • Nuno Espirito Santo
    • Maurizio Sarri

This poll is closed to new votes

30 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

Which would suggest doing it when he's not here. There's nothing charming about parading him.

I don't think the club would do themselves any favours by doing it without him present.  Only Rafa himself can deal with the imminent "small club" and "managed Liverpool" questions to which he will undoubtedly reply with "Everton are a huge club, massive project, yada yada yada"

People have done worse to the club than Rafa did, including Rooney.

Probably one of the better managers we could get on paper and I hope he will do well for us. I know he hasn't won anything recently and is being branded as a 'has been', but let's face it there isn't much to pick from, especially with many other clubs needing a new gaffer.

Let's get him backed. I know people are serious about not going to the game etc whilst he is here, but a lot of that will change from now until August, and if he's successful here all will be forgotten.

20 minutes ago, Aidan said:

Probably one of the better managers we could get on paper and I hope he will do well for us. I know he hasn't won anything recently and is being branded as a 'has been', but let's face it there isn't much to pick from, especially with many other clubs needing a new gaffer.

Let's get him backed. I know people are serious about not going to the game etc whilst he is here, but a lot of that will change from now until August, and if he's successful here all will be forgotten.

True, but if he isn't successful, it will never be forgotten.

I think there is a lot riding on this appointment for the board.

12 minutes ago, Matt said:

If he does come, I'll probably feel just as little as I do for the club now. But what I wanted to say is; Rafa will know he's not liked, hated even by some. He knows that he'll walk into a shitstorm of abuse, from kopites too probably. He'll know that will extend to his day to day life since he lives in the area. Despite knowing all the horrible crap that will inevitably come his way, if he comes he will come in spite of all that. You don't do that just for a pay cheque. You do that because you're determined and want to embrace the adversity. As much as I don't want him here, if he comes he'll naturally get my support but also a chunk of respect too. And someone with that determination would actually be a welcome change to be honest. 

Damn it Matt stop talking sense :shakingfist:

26 minutes ago, Matt said:

If he does come, I'll probably feel just as little as I do for the club now. But what I wanted to say is; Rafa will know he's not liked, hated even by some. He knows that he'll walk into a shitstorm of abuse, from kopites too probably. He'll know that will extend to his day to day life since he lives in the area. Despite knowing all the horrible crap that will inevitably come his way, if he comes he will come in spite of all that. You don't do that just for a pay cheque. You do that because you're determined and want to embrace the adversity. As much as I don't want him here, if he comes he'll naturally get my support but also a chunk of respect too. And someone with that determination would actually be a welcome change to be honest. 

Yea, this is a good take. You would think a man who knows he’s walking into the fire would bring with him a certain level of commitment and determination. He could get an easy paycheck lots of places.

28 minutes ago, Matt said:

Or, alternately, he is tremendously arrogant 🤔

2 minutes ago, SpartyBlue said:

Or, alternately, he is tremendously arrogant 🤔

If he was arrogant, he'd be waiting for other offers from "bigger" clubs whilst sitting in retirement on his millions. 

One thing I never got from him was arrogance. 

39 minutes ago, Matt said:

If he was arrogant, he'd be waiting for other offers from "bigger" clubs whilst sitting in retirement on his millions. 

One thing I never got from him was arrogance. 

I agree it’s unlikely. It’s just that he’s either willing to step into the fire or he thinks the fire won’t burn him which would take a special sort of ego. I’m not sure at this point he could get an offer from anyone “bigger” than Everton but perhaps I’m wrong.

3 hours ago, Aidan said:

What exactly did Rooney do bad to the club? Leave before the bank shut the club down? Only one person to blame in all of that situation and he’s still at the club. 

Everton were close to the, if not the, most embarrassing EPL story at the end of each of the last 2 seasons.  Too many stunningly lethargic performances in key matches, then Ancelotti shock betrayal/departure.

If it’s Benitez — especially if it’s Benitez — we likely approach this upcoming season widely mocked as the most laughable, self-deceived big-club-gang-that-couldn’t-shoot-straight.

I’ll hope for multiple miracles: 3-4 excellent signings, Benitez a wonder-strategist and motivator, few health issues for key players.

1 hour ago, Matt said:

Could it be because we are the best offer on the table for him? His best chance to be in the premier league? We pay really good money? He gets to stay at the family home? 

2 hours ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

And people thought I was crazy when I said maybe brands tactics are defense first garbage we have seen with Silva Sam and Carlo.  He’s backing benetiz.  I rest my case.  Brands is part of the problem.

31 minutes ago, StevO said:

Could it be because we are the best offer on the table for him? His best chance to be in the premier league? We pay really good money? He gets to stay at the family home? 

Maybe. But he took a job in China, Newcastle, wherever else, so he's not afraid of moving away. 

Good money - see above. He's had that. 

Are we the best offer. Yeah, probably. Might even be a mix of all of what you've said. Still not worth the abuse he's going to get. Unless he's determined to succeed.